Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Part of me wishes that Nissan would discontinue the Z after the Z33

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 01:42 PM
Xoulrath

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will mirror the sentiments of most posters: the Z is a great car regardless of what chassis/engine you have, and even the problematic ones are still beautiful cars. Heck, to be honest with you, I was never a huge fan of the z32. I liked it, I just didn't love it. It got too bulky, and lost its sports car image, and become more of a boulevard cruiser , IMO. I was in lust with a '95 RX-7 R2.

The Z33 came out, and I was in love at first sight. A nice balanced package that had become a true sports car, particularly in Base, Enthusiast, or Track trim levels.

And to the guy who made the comment about the Integra vs. RSX, that is very true. I am still the owner of a '95 GS-R, and I still love the car. It kills me that I will be selling it, but I am selling it to a friend, so I will still get to drive it (once the work it needs is sorted out). It is such a different car than the RSX.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:30 PM
rollins

[QUOTE=GalvatronType_R]Not only financial problems but the Z32 was getting ridiculously overpriced ($40,000+ for the TT), partly because of the strong yen at the time.

^ I think you got that backwards. The yen was very weak at the time. The Japanese economy was in the dumpster.

I'm not a Z owner, but I really disagree with you guys that would like production stopped. It reminds me of they guys at S2ki who want the S production stopped so the car will be worth more in a few years. If Z production stops it will be because nissan is in trouble again.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:18 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GalvatronType_R
On the other hand, it would be nice if it could be like the Z32 in that it went 6-7 years being the sole iteration of the Z and you didn't have to worry about an update that obsoletes your car and lowers the resale value or make you feel like you need to get the latest greatest version.
I don't mean to be rude, but actually the last Z32 was made in 2000. I'm also in a 300zx club in NZ & a Zed Club of all models. Some of the old 240's,260's & 280's are in absolutely stunning shape especially given the age of them and are currently selling in NZ for more than a Z32.

Understand what you're saying though.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:08 PM
Fevmeister

Has Nissan even said anything about a new generation Z? I wouldent expect one for a while since its taking them so long to come out with the next GTR.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:55 AM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Fevmeister
Has Nissan even said anything about a new generation Z? I wouldent expect one for a while since its taking them so long to come out with the next GTR.
GTR has always been the pinnacle for the brand, they couldn't afford to have all the troubles they've had with the Z33. It takes mammoth amounts of time and $$ to develop a new car. Personally I'd rather wait that little bit longer for any issues to be ironed about before they released the car to the masses. All good things take time.
Old 10-21-2006, 02:20 AM
Zincognito

Originally Posted by mario60185
I dont get it dude, I dont care if they stop making them today or 30 years from now, I dont care what the latest z has, I love MY z.
Absolutely!!
Old 10-21-2006, 05:34 AM
Suvlaki

Originally Posted by Fevmeister
Nissan barely wants to say anything about the next generation engine, let alone a next generation Z. I think this forum needs a good japanese source working for NISSAN ... ya.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:40 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by GalvatronType_R
Part of me wishes that Nissan would discontinue the Z after the Z33 .
Which part?
Old 10-21-2006, 01:56 PM
imjdoggie

I vote no