Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

dealer applied clear coat?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2003, 10:30 AM
jj1814

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dealer applied clear coat?

I was at the dealership yesterday speaking with a guy who owns a black touring. He had bought his Z there a few months before and he recommended some $500 package that the dealer sold him. He said that it included (but not limited to *because I dont quite remember everything he said*) rust-proofing of the car and a clear coat good for 5 years, I believe. When I first heard it, I thought, "he got suckered" because I know how dealers like to add on stuff. But have any of you guys been offered this? Have any of you accepted? Do you think it was worth it? I'm asking because my car should be coming soon and I'm going to have to listen to all this bull**** @ the dealership when I'm ready to sign my papers.

Also, was anyone told that the splash guards almost had to be ordered with the car because they (the guys at the port) were installing them ANYWAY -- whether you ordered them or not? It was interesting that the dealer told me this on Thursday, but when I went to the lot yesterday (Sat.), I saw a DB Touring without guards. It's not a big deal now because I actually want the splash guards now. But buyer, beware.

Last edited by jj1814; 03-16-2003 at 10:32 AM.
Old 03-16-2003, 02:37 PM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

There isn't a protectant on the market that will last 5 years. Don't listen to the bull. Don't pay for anything extra.

If you didn't order splash guards on your car you won't get them. The dealer can't add stuff you didn't order and neither can the NNA at the port.
Old 03-16-2003, 03:26 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No dealer stuff, period.
Old 03-16-2003, 03:33 PM
alphaz

I ordered my splash guards seperately, saved 20% and installed them myself. It is very easy to install them.
Old 03-16-2003, 03:38 PM
WayneTN

Originally posted by zwindsor
There isn't a protectant on the market that will last 5 years. Don't listen to the bull. Don't pay for anything extra.

If you didn't order splash guards on your car you won't get them. The dealer can't add stuff you didn't order and neither can the NNA at the port.
Correct. Don't buy any extra protectant/undercoat/rustproof, scotchgard, etc. from the dealer. Waste of money.

At one time the port was putting splash guards on every Z, ordered or not. This put the dealer in a bind. He either had to try to collect from the new owner, or give them away for free. Don't know if they're still doing that or not.

WayneTN