Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

I need clutch help ASAP! Thx guys...

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 03:03 PM
350zTuning

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need clutch help ASAP! Thx guys...

Hey fellas...I decided that I was going to give the adjusting of the clutch engagement a shot...I went about the procedure exactly as suggested...After taking the car for a spin I noticed that the clutch is not nearly as high (mission accomplished)...Running through the gears quickly is AWESOME now...However, I have a terrible vibration coming from the clutch now...Does anyone know what this means? Is the clutch not full disengaging? I tried getting back under there a few times to raise the clutch back but Im still getting this vibrating...It doesn't feel good AT ALL...Im stuck about 35 mins from home at a friends computer and I have no idea if I should drive on it...Any ideas or thoughts? The vibrating basically stops when its not under load...But as sound as I even touch the gas it starts rattling...Also the noise from the engine area sounds a bit different...I've searched through the 20 page thread and I've had no luck on this problem...I may have missed it as reading all those pages can make your eyes blur...Thanks ahead of time for any responses...
Old 11-01-2006, 06:03 AM
ZYAAA21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Presure plates are rubbing that happend to mine after the dealer did the adjustment. Had it re adjusted and less then a year later I had to put in a new clutch and flywheel. I would put it back to stock.

Or it could just be clutch chatter its normal but shouldnt be that loud on a stock clutch set up. I have the JWT clutch and flywheel and its really loud at idle but its revs up fast and its smooth as hell.

Hope this helps!