Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Super Charger or Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 08:06 AM
TSG-Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to be a dick, most of y'all have taken care of that, but he only has three post, ***! Also, the search engine isnt the best to begin with, so I guess I better suit up!
Old 11-03-2006, 08:13 AM
THE TECH

I think that the people who say that the search function sucks are those who either are too lazy to use it or don't know how/what to search for.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:20 AM
Cannysage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's more of a question of pricing. supercharger if far much more affordable. If you have money to burn and want to go all the way, Turbo
Old 11-03-2006, 09:24 AM
chimmike

Originally Posted by Cannysage
it's more of a question of pricing. supercharger if far much more affordable. If you have money to burn and want to go all the way, Turbo

how the hell is s/c far more affordable? Stillen's SC kits can run higher than a proper Greddy TT setup, and the Vortech can be had for the same price as the TN ST.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:51 AM
semtex

Originally Posted by THE TECH
I think that the people who say that the search function sucks are those who either are too lazy to use it or don't know how/what to search for.
Might also have something to do with the fact that non-premier members don't have access to boolean searches. Try to imagine a non-boolean Google. You enter in a search of 'Nismo +exhaust', because you're looking for info on Nismo exhausts. Without boolean, the "+" is ignored, and it spits back tons of results that have Nismo in them, but have nothing to with exhausts. Conversely, it also spits back tons of results with the word 'exhaust' in them, but aren't related to Nismo. Heck, many of the results wouldn't even be car related! Point being -- searching w/o boolean does indeed suck. I'm not saying that folks therefore shouldn't even bother trying, mind you. But let's call a spade a spade -- the non-premier search function here sucks, and the admins have freely admitted this already. It's just not practical for them to open up boolean to everyone at this point in time.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:56 AM
chimmike

Originally Posted by semtex
Might also have something to do with the fact that non-premier members don't have access to boolean searches. Try to imagine a non-boolean Google. You enter in a search of 'Nismo +exhaust', because you're looking for info on Nismo exhausts. Without boolean, the "+" is ignored, and it spits back tons of results that have Nismo in them, but have nothing to with exhausts. Conversely, it also spits back tons of results with the word 'exhaust' in them, but aren't related to Nismo. Heck, many of the results wouldn't even be car related! Point being -- searching w/o boolean does indeed suck. I'm not saying that folks therefore shouldn't even bother trying, mind you. But let's call a spade a spade -- the non-premier search function here sucks, and the admins have freely admitted this already. It's just not practical for them to open up boolean to everyone at this point in time.

even WITHOUT boolean you can STILL specify the SECTION which you'd like to search...so you narrow the section down to intake/exhaust and the only results you'll get are for nismo intake and exhaust threads.......

it's not that hard, really.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:16 AM
semtex

Originally Posted by chimmike
even WITHOUT boolean you can STILL specify the SECTION which you'd like to search...so you narrow the section down to intake/exhaust and the only results you'll get are for nismo intake and exhaust threads.......

it's not that hard, really.
Oh I agree completely. Like I said in my post, the absence of boolean isn't an excuse for not even trying.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:35 AM
Jonathan Allyn

Originally Posted by davidv

Varis Air Duck.

lol... You have been saving that pic havent you??
Old 11-03-2006, 03:18 PM
geoffree78

granted that this person obviously failed to search, but that doesn't mean anyone should go out of their way to make them feel like sh*t. everytime someone even publishes something remotely similar to some other thread they get tore up. so they're new, attacking them over and over again doesnt exactly encourage them to continue posting. personally, i'm afraid to start a new post on any subject becuase its probably already been discussed. the only result will be a dozen replies from "veterans" who have nothing better to do.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:27 PM
trentor

a little friendly harassment is fine, but sometimes it's taken too far.

granted, i've never been harassed because i've hardly started any threads. the search may not be the best, but it does work.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:31 PM
Cannysage

Originally Posted by chimmike
how the hell is s/c far more affordable? Stillen's SC kits can run higher than a proper Greddy TT setup, and the Vortech can be had for the same price as the TN ST.
you can purchase a vortech kit for low 4k. 4kish + 1k install and a $600 reflash will get you started. you can't even think about a TT setup for that price range. sure you can spend endless flow of cash with either setup. but if you're on a tight budget, sc is definitely the way to go.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:40 PM
Cannysage

fug man, I've been reading some posts in this thread. I dunno what the fug is so great about the almight search engine. Newbs post threads to interact with others as well as getting info..
Old 11-03-2006, 04:00 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,448 Likes on 1,769 Posts

They should really impose some kind of rule here... like if you have a question, it is required thaat you search before posting (especially something as obviously discussed like intakes, exhausts, turbo's vs. superchargers etc). If someone does a search and finds the answer to your question in that search, they should be able to kick you in the nuts or something. Just a thought.

Now, OP, the answer to your question...
Originally Posted by 3fiftyzva
Just purchased the new Rays Lexion 503 Wheels (Triple Chrome) with the Nitto Tires - 19's with 10.5 rear and 9.5 fronts. What do you think they will look like on the Z Roadster Super Black?

Now I'm interested in either the SC or T? I don't drive hard top end, but I want to feel the power from 0-90? What would you recommend?

Thanks
Actually, an observation... why would you even buy wheels if you don't know what they would look like on your car?

So you want to feel the power from 0-90, huh? Get a Turbonator or something along those lines. They now have electric superchargers that hook up in similar fashion, but are not driven by your crank, therefore eliminating parasitic loss.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:21 PM
chimmike

Originally Posted by Cannysage
you can purchase a vortech kit for low 4k. 4kish + 1k install and a $600 reflash will get you started. you can't even think about a TT setup for that price range. sure you can spend endless flow of cash with either setup. but if you're on a tight budget, sc is definitely the way to go.

you can get a TN kit for the same amount WITH a reflash and run it right out of the box

if you're on a tight budget, you shouldn't go boost AT ALL....if something goes wrong and you can't afford to fix it.......you're screwed.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:26 PM
Nismospeed4life

Originally Posted by timmywick
New thread blah blah blah.............if he did not do this thread then you fools would have no one to rough up. Some people just need to get of their computer at some point in life.