Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

New, hoping to join the Z family soon.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2003, 04:40 PM
aggiez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New, hoping to join the Z family soon.

I just turned 20, I'm at Texas A&M for those familiar with the Texas scene and I have been looking for a car for a long time. I've been walking around a lot lately. I was rear-ended on an overpass and as a result I lost control of my Tahoe and hit 2 guardwalls. The car was totalled, but the insurance company (the lady who hit me's insurance company) gave me a very good deal for what the Tahoe was worth.

I take amazing care of my cars, er...the one truck I had and this was the only accident I had since I started driving her during High School. I only bring this up because in another thread yall seemed to be ripping on a younger guy for getting a Z.

Then I noticed he was a teenager, and I....am not anymore. Booyah.

Anywho, I have always had an infatiation with Z - cars. My parents both drove older Datsun 280's and I have a few friends with N/A and TT ZX's.

I don't really know what the packages include. The track model I know has larger brakes, and lighter wheels...that is about the extent of my knowledge. I saw an awesome Maroon color at the dealership the other day when I went back to Houston, but I think I'm just going to go for black.

Any suggestions on anything I should look/ look out for? I'm looking to purchase here in the next few months. I've been without a car for awhile.
Old 03-23-2003, 04:46 PM
jj1814

Pretty much nothing much to tell. The Enthusiast, seems to me, the most bang for the buck. It has like TWO features that the base model doesnt - one of which is cruise control. That's why Im getting the enthu. there's nothing special with the performance model, i dont think - except that it adds 18" wheels, which base and enthu. dont have. Touring adds leather and optional Navigational system. Track is the (big)brembo brakes, etc. Check out all the specs on www.nissanusa.com

I'm getting...well, you'll see it below in my Signature. The Daytona Blue color really appeals to me, but I liked the chrome silver too. And getting CS gets it to me quicker.

Oh yeah..these peeps say the stock tires suck!

And another thing...the Z is a hell of a car.

Good luck

Last edited by jj1814; 03-23-2003 at 04:50 PM.
Old 03-23-2003, 04:54 PM
aggiez

The brakes on the Track model appeal to me, but the wheels and tires will more than likely be the first thing I change/mod on the car. I really am having a hard time justifying spending that kind of money on something I am not going to keep.

Black vs. Maroon is the next arguement. I can put gunmetal wheels on both.
Old 03-23-2003, 05:42 PM
350zSpeedRacer

GIG 'EM!

Yay! Another Aggie on the board! I graduated in December of 2001--love that school, I wish I could go back and just focus on that WONDERFUL "other education!"

As for the Z, it's a wonderful car, I just got mine a couple of weeks ago, after ordering back in September! You can check out all of the options and features of each of the models on Nissan's site, like the guy above me said.

As for the color, how can you bleed maroon and NOT get the brickyard?!?!?!? I got a DB because I'm getting a (maroon) truck within the next year for my daily driver and I didn't want to get hounded with the whole Aggie nut-job thing. LOL

Any questions, just ask! We'll be glad to help you out!
Old 03-23-2003, 06:48 PM
aggiez

WHOOP!

I've noticed an abundance of Texans on the board, and was wondering if there were any other old ags/current students.

My main reason for debating over the Brickyard is because of the whole Aggie-obsession thing. That and every car in my family is black. When we all come home it looks like an FBI scene right out of the movies. I don't know if I would want to be the first to bring home a car that contrasted to this fact. Then again, it is maroon, and the majority of us do attend A&M.

Its comforting to know that the only thing I have to really worry about in life is what color my new car will come in. I think I owe some thanks to some people.
Old 03-24-2003, 05:18 AM
channone

Thumbs up

Also a former ag. Non-graduating class of '95. Ran MIS for Petroleum Engineering department before getting drafted early for the pros in Jan. 97 (.com boom).
Old 03-24-2003, 08:41 AM
grayfox

Another non-Aggie related pro for the Brickyard is that the general consensus is that the Brick will only be available for the first year, so you could have a more unique car.

Personally, I think you're nuts to drive a black car in a hot part of the US. Get the brick and wear dark sunglasses when you get together with your FBI family - you should be wearing sunglasses anyway*.=)

*I make joke, mkay? =)

*edit*
Or you could get Le Mans Sunset and really **** everyone off. =)
Old 03-24-2003, 08:59 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is it about guys from Texas and calling the Brick, gasp, "maroon"! (vova should show up any second now).

If your gonna be trading out the wheels, etc anyway, and assuming budget is some consideration, get the Enthusiast.
The only thing it is lacking of some importance is the VDC.

The info on the Brick going away after this year came from a reliable source, by the way.
Old 03-25-2003, 05:57 PM
aggiez

Welp,

Took a trip back into Houston this weekend and put a 2,000 deposit on the next black on black Track model to come into Houston. The car should be here in 2 weeks.

One problem, I'm second on the list for the car. Hopefully whoever is in front of me pulls out, or wants a different color or something. All I can do is hope for the best and continue to walk around campus.

I can't stray from a black car, even if it is 100 degrees in the summer and 90 in the winter.
Old 03-25-2003, 06:01 PM
350zSpeedRacer

Originally posted by aggiez
I can't stray from a black car, even if it is 100 degrees in the summer and 90 in the winter.
Oh ya! Gotta love those days in January when I wore shorts to class!

BTW, hope you get that Z. A two week wait is awesome compared to what some people had to go through! Good Luck!
Old 03-25-2003, 07:27 PM
Inova

i gotta say that black has got to be the hardest color to cope with especially in texas and around the houston area. you will fry in the summer! try hard to get a brickyard entusiast model. the enthusiast is really the best bang for the buck especially since you seem to have a lot of driving experience already, you really dont need the vdc that the performance model has. if you are going to change out the wheels and tires like you said immediately after you get the car, i would definately opt for an enthusiast since the wheels look kinda bleh (no offense) and the tires suck (i think you will agree with me)
Old 03-27-2003, 11:39 AM
vova151

Originally posted by The Rat's Z
What is it about guys from Texas and calling the Brick, gasp, "maroon"! (vova should show up any second now).

Did someone say Maroon?
I felt someone was talking about me! Dang ol Rat's Z. How in the world did I miss this thread?