Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Z off-roading

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 01:48 PM
DriveI65

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Donuts are not spinning out. Up north donuts are a time honored driving exercise when snow falls. I learned an great deal about handling a car in snow by using the high school parking lot on Sundays about 40 years ago. BUT you have to look around and make sure you are not going to jepordize other people or propery.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:07 PM
savannahZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exhaust and Cat mounts, happened to me before, not in the Z though....
Old 01-16-2007, 03:10 PM
6894kevin

Originally Posted by Blacryan
Here's exactly what the OP said, i dont see where he said anything about "His friends who were spinning out".

"Kids doing donuts in the parking lot skidded out and I gunned it in reverse to get out of the way... I just didn't know the curb was so close. So it's not THAT noobish. "

Good game? He didnt say a single damn thing about knowing the people or being affiliated with the people 'spinning' out in the parking lot.

This is no longer worth my time, because you people can't seem to read between the lines. You say doing donuts and i say spinning out, to me that's the same thing. When i say so called friends i am speaking about the other bunch of people spinning out (donuts for those that need help) And i support parking lot driving, cause it's better to learn in an open space then to learn on a busy highway. So with that said i will leave this post alone. Sorry if i made any of you mess your pampers, i thought you could handle some friendly hazzing, but i guess i was wrong

Cheers

Kevin
Old 01-16-2007, 03:59 PM
jordanj77

Hahah... glad I sparked an interesting argument!

Some people understood me and some misunderstood or implied other stuff.

To clear things up:

I didn't know the people. They were doing donuts and whatnot, not me. I had come back to my car and was just pulling out to leave.

Thanks for those who stuck up for me because they understood the post!

Anyways, it was still embarassing.. I took my freaking Z up a curb! I'm not sure if they even would have hit me.. but I was just scared for my car!

Anyways, all looks good but I'm gonna get it lifted to be 100% sure there's no damage.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:00 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by jordanj77
Hypothetically...

If a Z were to pretend it was a truck and try to reverse itself over a curb, onto some grass, and back down a curb... and one were to hear scraping... what would one want to check for damage? (Assuming one can't see anything wrong, but definitely heard some noise...)

Help?
Admit it, you were drifting and landed over a curb onto some grass!