Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Hey look, I can outrun cops! / Hey look, I'm a total idiot!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 10:33 PM
syf0n

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey look, I can outrun cops! / Hey look, I'm a total idiot!

So, to make it short...I had a really bad day. I decided to go out driving with my roomie to talk when the idea comes up that we should hit up the abandoned track across the bridge from us. So we go over there and I get right to business. The straight, which I normally finish with at 100-103...well, I took that at 121. Straight into a curve, I shifted down and braked to 95. Spin. VDC caught it and straighten me out to 85. Small straight and I'm into a hairpin at 95, followed up by another at 103...absolutely insane and retarded, hands down. It surprised me, really. I didn't think the 350 could take it as well as it did, but there was still room for more (which I wasn't comfortable moving into).

So...I come around another turn about 3 times faster than I should have, run another one or two, and start to slow down -- there's dust and rock on this part of the track. I just washed the thing, so I don't want to take it too fast. About 30 seconds later, idling through the dust, I notice some headlights behind me. Turning to my roomate, "Joe! There's a car behind us! Dude, that thing must have been flying to get within a minute of us!!!" Just as I finished that sentence I noticed some strobes go on. Followed by...three more sets.

I was so f*cking f*cked.

Two of the cop cars blocked me off. The others stayed behind me. F*CK.

It was at this point that I started wondering why two of them blocked me off, like they thought I was going to run. Or had been running. They thought I was running from them! Wow, were they about to seriously tear my **** up. Needless to say, they tore me a new *******. Right after that, they...

let me go?!?!?

Yeah. Pretty cool of them, really. One of the cops was from New Orleans (like me) so we were shooting the **** for a while. I basically got a big old fashioned slap on the wrist! It was detailed, but I'll spare you the detail.

About 5 miles away from the track it started to hit me that I actually outran 4 cops. Not outran them, but f*ckinging spanked them the whole way around the track...without even trying, or knowing. It's nice to know my car can do that...somehow.

For those ready to bash, I was obviously "encouraged" pretty hard not to do anything similar again. Which I won't. I just thought the entire thing was lucky/amusing/worth sharing.

Word up!
Old 04-02-2003, 10:58 PM
failsafe
....for your health

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's actually a pretty good story- not many people can say they ran from the cops w/o spending a night in jail. You're a lucky man!
Old 04-02-2003, 11:07 PM
Cazzz Z

Default So When Are You Gonna Say It??

APRIL FOOLS
Old 04-02-2003, 11:10 PM
hypersonicaz

They were following you around a track, and they believed you were attempting to outrun them? Without any initial lights or sirens on?
Old 04-02-2003, 11:50 PM
raceboy
Banned

Default Re: Hey look, I can outrun cops! / Hey look, I'm a total idiot!

Originally posted by syf0n
So, to make it short...I had a really bad day. I decided to go out driving with my roomie to talk when the idea comes up that we should hit up the abandoned track across the bridge from us. So we go over there and I get right to business. The straight, which I normally finish with at 100-103...well, I took that at 121. Straight into a curve, I shifted down and braked to 95. Spin. VDC caught it and straighten me out to 85. Small straight and I'm into a hairpin at 95, followed up by another at 103...absolutely insane and retarded, hands down. It surprised me, really. I didn't think the 350 could take it as well as it did, but there was still room for more (which I wasn't comfortable moving into).

So...I come around another turn about 3 times faster than I should have, run another one or two, and start to slow down -- there's dust and rock on this part of the track. I just washed the thing, so I don't want to take it too fast. About 30 seconds later, idling through the dust, I notice some headlights behind me. Turning to my roomate, "Joe! There's a car behind us! Dude, that thing must have been flying to get within a minute of us!!!" Just as I finished that sentence I noticed some strobes go on. Followed by...three more sets.

I was so f*cking f*cked.

Two of the cop cars blocked me off. The others stayed behind me. F*CK.

It was at this point that I started wondering why two of them blocked me off, like they thought I was going to run. Or had been running. They thought I was running from them! Wow, were they about to seriously tear my **** up. Needless to say, they tore me a new *******. Right after that, they...

let me go?!?!?

Yeah. Pretty cool of them, really. One of the cops was from New Orleans (like me) so we were shooting the **** for a while. I basically got a big old fashioned slap on the wrist! It was detailed, but I'll spare you the detail.

About 5 miles away from the track it started to hit me that I actually outran 4 cops. Not outran them, but f*ckinging spanked them the whole way around the track...without even trying, or knowing. It's nice to know my car can do that...somehow.

For those ready to bash, I was obviously "encouraged" pretty hard not to do anything similar again. Which I won't. I just thought the entire thing was lucky/amusing/worth sharing.

Word up!
How many more B.S. stories are you going to post on here? Your mom is getting a Carrera GT, you race Ferraris on track (yet you spin all over the place in your above post). WTF man?
Old 04-03-2003, 12:04 AM
syf0n

Originally posted by hypersonicaz
They were following you around a track, and they believed you were attempting to outrun them? Without any initial lights or sirens on?
It is an abandoned track. A lot of ricers around here go there and race, and from what the cop was saying all sorts of complaints were coming in because the area around the track is being renovated into a golf course.

To clear up the misconception, it is not a round track. It is a road course. There are red and white ticker things all of the curves....it's styled like and F1 course. There are hills between curves and dirt buildups. Even if they had their lights on I wouldn't have been able to see them from one curve away. They didn't turn their lights on until right behind me almost a minute later.

If any of you think I'm ********ting, drive on down. It is Hutchinson Island in Savannah, GA. There is a golf course and a big hotel. It is right across the river from Historic Savannah. I will take you there, although not in my car. Ever again.

The cop said they had 3 or 4 cars out every night this week to catch people meeting up to race. He said they has arrested two people the night before.

I basically made one quick run through it and got pulled over about 500 ft from the end of it.

Most Importantly: I am not trying to spin some tale of "hot pursuit", and I'm not trying to create the image that I'm some law-smashing rebel. I just thought it was insane that the Z took the turns hard enough to keep me so far ahead of the law that I wasn't even aware they were there until after the fact!
Old 04-03-2003, 12:07 AM
syf0n

Default Re: Re: Hey look, I can outrun cops! / Hey look, I'm a total idiot!

Originally posted by raceboy
How many more B.S. stories are you going to post on here? Your mom is getting a Carrera GT, you race Ferraris on track (yet you spin all over the place in your above post). WTF man?
You don't know who I am, you don't know who my parents are (or what they do!), you don't know anything about me. Loosen your head from your rectum and think about the fact that I might be in a better financial situation than you -- or that I might be a little more wreckless than you. There are billions of people in the world, odds are there are people in every situation above and below you.

That's my last reply to your claims that anything from my mouth is ********. If you don't like it, don't read it. I believe there is an 'ignore' button on this forum, feel free to use it on me!
Old 04-03-2003, 12:14 AM
raceboy
Banned

Default Re: Re: Re: Hey look, I can outrun cops! / Hey look, I'm a total idiot!

That's my last reply to your claims that anything from my mouth is ********. If you don't like it, don't read it. I believe there is an 'ignore' button on this forum, feel free to use it on me!
That's exactly the same thing you said when the S2K guys ripped you to shreads.

I know there are many people in this world that are way better off financially than I am. I have no problem with that at all. I also know B.S. when I smell it. I know when some kid comes on a board and magically has driven every exotic car there is and on a racetrack no less and get's pissed when someone questions his "expert" opinion. I also find it funny that when you claimed to be an SCCA racer and were questioned on when, where, what type, you had no answer.
Old 04-03-2003, 05:16 AM
CLS

I know where you are talking about. I go by Hutchinson from HHI to Sav, but I have never stopped. I do know that the golf course is also built, not being renovated. That track looks sweet from the bridge.
Old 04-03-2003, 05:22 AM
del105
15 f125

Where is this abandoned track in savannah?
Old 04-03-2003, 05:22 AM
ricks350z

i, for one, can vouch for savannah, ga guy..i was about to go to that hidden track out there but decided not to..would love to see it myself ...i just might b/c im heading out their this weekend ..tho i wont have my car w/ me tho...
Old 04-03-2003, 11:00 AM
syf0n

Originally posted by CLS
I know where you are talking about. I go by Hutchinson from HHI to Sav, but I have never stopped. I do know that the golf course is also built, not being renovated. That track looks sweet from the bridge.
Yes there is a functional golf course but all of the back area of the track is being renovated into more holes....a back 9 or something? I dunno. Anyways there are tons of CATs and mounds of dirt on part of the track.

For those wondering where it is, from Savannah go to the end of Oglethorpe and get on the huge bridge (17) before you are even off the bridge turn right, you'll see an exit sign for "Hutchinson Island". Follow the exit (a long curve) and then there is a confusing intersection. Turn left and follow it about a mile down until you are in front of a hotel. Turn left right before the entrance to the hotel and keep going straight. You will pass the golf club on your left. Keep driving straight and the road gets all sketchy looking, and there is a stop sign. Congrats, you're on the track. Turn left and start accelerating you should see red and white striping on the curves in the road immediately, and an 1/8th strip just a bit past that. I took that straight at 120+ and I am pretty sure that is where they flagged me. Keep going around and you'll see all those turns I was talking about.

If you are in Savannah for the weekend and want to meet up, PM me for my cell #.

Last edited by syf0n; 04-03-2003 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-03-2003, 11:12 AM
UFO

Word up, yo.
Old 04-03-2003, 12:26 PM
importriders

Cough...bull..****...

Who the hell looks at their speedo on the track?!? Hairpins at 103?!?
Old 04-03-2003, 03:40 PM
My996C2

Default Re: Re: Hey look, I can outrun cops! / Hey look, I'm a total idiot!

Originally posted by raceboy
My Mom already HAS a Carrera GT.

Could it perhaps be due to our financial position?
Old 04-03-2003, 04:05 PM
syf0n

Probably
Old 04-03-2003, 04:35 PM
raceboy
Banned

Originally posted by importriders
Cough...bull..****...

Who the hell looks at their speedo on the track?!? Hairpins at 103?!?
Exactly! I am not saying the place where this story took place doesn't exist, I am saying that the story itself is another obvious fabrication. This is from a guy that was trying to tell the S2K guys how much better a Ferrari F355 was than the F360 Modena on a racetrack from his own personal on track experiences. Judging by the post that started this thread, anyone who drove that poorly wouldn't be qualified to judge the handling on a Radio Flyer wagon.
Old 04-03-2003, 04:42 PM
syf0n

You're right, you know? Hell, I dodn't even drive a Z, I drive a beater Yugo. And my only real track experience is the 440 relay!

Word, dude. Way to bust up all my lies.
Old 04-03-2003, 05:39 PM
Anyone2u
Charter Member #82

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You're right, you know? Hell, I dodn't even drive a Z, I drive a beater Yugo. And my only real track experience is the 440 relay!

Word, dude. Way to bust up all my lies.
So are you saying you did a corner at 103 in a Yugo? Now that's impressive!
Old 04-03-2003, 06:08 PM
syf0n

Originally posted by Anyone2u
So are you saying you did a corner at 103 in a Yugo? Now that's impressive!
I have NOS and a rotary engine with the pistons and the cylinders, you know...it's that Yugo GTR, the limited edition one.

Quick Reply: Hey look, I can outrun cops! / Hey look, I'm a total idiot!