2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Canadians Only!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 07:37 PM
principe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canadians Only!

Gals/Guys,

Has your dealer acknowledged the term "pre-order" what it means and when it ended.

My deal has no idea what I am talking about, he just keeps referring to the fact that he has his first allotment of 10 cars and no dates for the other allotments.

Wish there was a Nissan Canada rep or liason we could speak or write to, this is extremely frustrating to say the least.

Anyone out there have an "in" somewhere that we could use to express our dismay?

Old 07-22-2002, 08:02 PM
fatZo

Nissan Canada should definitely look into improving their pre-order system. The dealers in Canada seem to be uninformed and quite reluctant to share the little they know with the pre-order customers.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of a forum wherein we can voice our displeasure about this lack of information. I was told by ZISME that the Canadian pre-order program has no ties with them. My guess is that the cat is out of the bag in the not so distant future, and hopefuly we'll know more about the status of our pre-orders once the Z is officially launched.
Old 07-22-2002, 10:16 PM
sov

They show know more after August 10.
That's when all the owners of nissan dealership wil be introduced to the car in Toronto.
Old 07-23-2002, 06:33 AM
SirZaLot

I don't think there is a dead line for the pre-order in Canada, and I believe all the allotments are sold out.
The second allotment will come in Nov.
Old 07-24-2002, 03:40 AM
belkmike

My dealer (Avenue Nissan) called today and asked me for my email address. Nissan Canada is going to send updates via email to all those that have cars on order. That is all he knew.
Old 07-24-2002, 04:13 AM
principe

belkmike

Any chance you might ask your salesperson how he knows this and who I might be able to speak to find out what's up at my dealer?

Or give me his name anad I'llc all him if you like.

Appreciate it.
Old 07-24-2002, 05:10 AM
netviper

i am pretty sure all 350z's in canada are sold out until next spring
Old 07-24-2002, 05:38 AM
belkmike

principe

Avenue Nissan
Walter Sherman
416 783-3303
Old 07-24-2002, 05:48 AM
principe

belkmike

Thanks, I'll call him tomorrow./
Old 07-24-2002, 07:31 AM
Ludecrew

Default Arrivals

I recently talked to my dealership over in Edmonton Alberta. They think they are receivin 2 at the end of august and 1 every month after for 14 months.
Old 07-24-2002, 07:41 AM
sov

Which dealership did you go to?
I'm with Erickssen and the sales manager showed me 3 cars with July production date
Old 07-25-2002, 07:13 PM
fatZo

Default word from dealer

Originally posted by belkmike
My dealer (Avenue Nissan) called today and asked me for my email address. Nissan Canada is going to send updates via email to all those that have cars on order. That is all he knew.
Just got an email from my dealer!!!! I was told previously that my pre-order (order placed early March) was slated for September production. However, my dealer has just informed me that the car is actually scheduled for August production!!!! and will be available late September, early October!!!! Apparently, it is no longer possible to make any changes to the car at this stage ... the Super Black better look good.

Last edited by fatZo; 07-25-2002 at 07:42 PM.
Old 07-25-2002, 07:37 PM
bobbyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've recently been e-maild that I have a September production.
I ordered in April.
Old 07-25-2002, 08:23 PM
azmo

Fatzo, do you know when youre order was actually faxed to Nissan Canada or where ever the dealer is suppose to fax it to? I ordered in early march and got a production date of July.
Old 07-25-2002, 09:21 PM
Toronto2070

Default Not That Your Asking...But I Will Tell You Anyways...

Order the Track, 16 months and counting, received by conformation call, conformation letter, expecting delivery late August, everything was followed through, and the dealer will even cut the price below MSRP (don't ask who). Never had a hassle or a problem regarding the 350z. That's my story.
Old 07-25-2002, 11:05 PM
fatZo

Originally posted by azmo
Fatzo, do you know when youre order was actually faxed to Nissan Canada or where ever the dealer is suppose to fax it to? I ordered in early march and got a production date of July.
I have no idea when my order was actually transmitted to Nissan. Must have been sometime in March, since I received a confirmation letter in April. My understanding is that orders are filled based on priority in a dealer's allocation. I think I am # 7 pre-order at my dealership, maybe they only get a certain number of car per production run, and mine happens to fall into the second (August) production.

Also, I changed my colour from chrome silver to Ebony. Although I was told by my dealer that it won't affect my spot, I suspect I was bumped into the August production because of that
Old 07-25-2002, 11:23 PM
azmo

Thanks for the info.
Old 07-26-2002, 01:59 AM
principe

Fellow Canadians

Not sure if there is any value but seeing that some of us are getting good service from our dealers and others nothing....

Suggest we add the dealer name and order date to our personal signatures (see below on the bottom of every note)... maybe it will help us guage our delivery dates and give those of us that have inferior service some info to use on our dealers i.e. show examples of where good service is in fact being provided!

Can't hurt ...
Old 07-26-2002, 02:19 AM
fatZo

I don't have a sig, so I post it here. My dealer is Alta Nissan Woodbridge.
Old 07-26-2002, 02:24 AM
ariZona

Default Canadian only???

I'm not canadian, but I play hockey and am one of Gretzky's biggest fans, so is that good enough to join your reindeer games? Plus, I like Canadian Bacon and saying "Eh" after sentences, so count me in on you little sidebars....

Sorry guys, couldn't resist.... I do play hockey, though, and have to admit, it was pretty amazing to see how pissed all the canadians were back in 96 when the USA beat Canada for that World Cup of Hockey tournament or whatever it was called - I was in Kingston, Ontario at the Royal Military College (RMC) that weekend for a soccer tournament.......

ariZona

Quick Reply: Canadians Only!