Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

* CAR * Magazine Production Test Drive!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2002, 03:42 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up * CAR * Magazine Production Test Drive!

As I have for so many months now, I stepped into Barnes & Nobles at Stonebriar Mall-Frisco, TX (just north of Plano) and low and behold what did my eyes see...............A Sunset LeMans 350Z starring me in the face. What magazine was this forward moving image w/ xenons on gracing? [CAR Magazine.[/B] One of my favorite reads (I subscribe to M/T and have for 10 yrs) CAR specializes in a no frills and usually unbiased (towards their own European cars) true driving impression of the World's Finest Cars, most often Super Exotics! It was an "Extremely" positive review of the Z with high marks abounding from handling & steering feel to seat support and braking. Here are just a couple of qoutes:
"Possibly the 350Z's biggest area of success. Not only does it boast the balance and grip required of a sports car,but also a level of tactility and interaction that's on par with the legendary Skyline GT-R! Ride is firm, but the 350Z is actually more composed when it's being driven hard than say, a BMW M3."
"The four target cars project FMC (front mid-engine coupe as CAR describes it) had to beat were the Chevy Vette, Porsche Boxtser, BMW M Coupe and Nissans own Skyline GT-R! An impossible task, especially considering that it's much cheaper than it's nominal rivals? You'd be surprised! The 350Z may not have the bottom-endgrunt of the Vette, the handling finesse of the Boxster, the straigh-line speed of the M and the brutal all-weather tractability of the GT-R, but on aggregate, when you add up passion, performance, practicality, and price, it emerges as one of the Best all-rounders money can by."

By far one of the best articles thus far to date! They were however only able to crack off a 5.5sec 0-60 in 90+ tempertures w/ high humidity. No mention of 14 mile, but apparently they took up to it's goverened 155! So what are you waiting for? Head up to your local B&N, Tower Record or other fine book/magazine store and fork over your $7.95 (kinda expensive but it's larger and has more interesting reads than most domestic car mags) for yet the latest test of the Z...............
Old 07-25-2002, 03:43 AM
3rdpower

Hey... VERY old
Old 07-25-2002, 03:46 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by 3rdpower
Hey... VERY old
My bad. But hey, it's all good! And remember what's old to you may be new to me & others.
Old 07-25-2002, 03:51 AM
3rdpower

Originally posted by TXSTYLE

My bad. But hey, it's all good! And remember what's old to you may be new to me & others.
The new "In the press" segment has everything hidden

BTW - tell that chic to keep the blinds open!
Old 07-25-2002, 04:07 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by 3rdpower

The new "In the press" segment has everything hidden

BTW - tell that chic to keep the blinds open!
Old 07-25-2002, 05:27 AM
3rdpower

Com'on now! We're all flippin' guilty of posting old stuff :P I've done it at least 50 times.