2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to tell what kinda of Z you have?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 05:51 PM
Zyellow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a federal law called "Buyers Remorse," couple-few restrictions, however, even if nothing was witten regard the model of the car you have, legally they have to take it back 72 hrs. after purchase. I suggest that when discussing the matter, tell them you will contact the BBB your district DA and general do what ever is poosible to make there lives as difficult as poosible.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:54 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

How do you buy a car and not even know the model you are buying?
Old 04-08-2007, 06:05 PM
kramykram

i bought my z not knowing anything about them except hp and stuff like that, when i looked at mine it said ent. also. so i bought it and found this forum and from reading on here i found out i had been screwed. i called the dealership and they cut me a check for the difference in the models, which was only about 1200 so it made me feel a little better. but yeah i should of read up more on the cars.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:07 PM
Top secret 350

lol
Old 04-08-2007, 07:02 PM
craZ350

Originally Posted by Zyellow
There is a federal law called "Buyers Remorse," couple-few restrictions, however, even if nothing was witten regard the model of the car you have, legally they have to take it back 72 hrs. after purchase. I suggest that when discussing the matter, tell them you will contact the BBB your district DA and general do what ever is poosible to make there lives as difficult as poosible.
+1

i'd be pissed, you could ask for the difference in price. base isn't too bad tho, i have one...no complaints. you can always upgrade the LSD, brakes, etc. good luck, let us know what happens bro!
Old 04-08-2007, 07:09 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Someone screwed up. Look at your paperwork and then go to the dealer and straighten it out.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:10 PM
chriskabobbers

that's horrible salesmanship ..
Old 04-08-2007, 07:10 PM
chriskabobbers

most of the time the dealers don't know what they're talking about.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:14 PM
IlovemyZ33

Ok so it appears what happened was this, I DID do research, but When I ask the dealer 7 times last night What model is this and they tell me 7 times Ent. then im going to take thier word for it, not knowing that the steering wheel and traction control aren't there. Only this morning after I got home from last night which I spent ALL yesterday and the 3 days before just trying to get a car. Im/was tired and I didn't full think I took what they said.

But apparently after my scene in there there excuse was that, there computer data base, had the car as a enthusiast. So last night after I saw that I was sure, and disregarded my knowledge and assumed I had just read wrong. Anyways they took the car back, since It hadn't even been a full day. And when calling them up and hearing the sales manager saying im busy ill call you when I get to this, I told him basicly If you don't call me in 20 minutes, Ill be calling my lawyer.( my cousins wife is a DA and my neighbor/long time family friend is a very successful lawyer . I'm usually a really easy going guy and 100% understanding but maybe it was just because the stress this has brought me the last 3 days but yeah I feel kinda lame know being so hard on him but I don't like to be cheated or taken advantage of specially when im spending and paying cash for a 28k car.

So tomorrow im going to Duarte Nissan and picking up there 06 Enthusiast w/ 1kmiles on it. I confirmed it was today since luckily I saw it and corrected my mistake.

For those of you who say to just live with it, no offense but thats stupid. I'm not going to waste an extra 3.5 grand for a base model when I know what I want. I really want the LSD, thats the most important thing I was looking for besides the 6spd. Why waste that much money for a watered down car? I have money and I know what I want, Im not going to just throw it away and pay more to put a LSD tranny cruise control and TC in the car.

Last edited by IlovemyZ33; 04-08-2007 at 09:45 PM.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:30 PM
JunkStory

Good job. Spread the word to everyone you know so no one else will buy from that crappy dealership. Man that would really **** me off too.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:49 PM
joe645733

Originally Posted by zand02max
probably used, hence no window sticker!
mine was used and i still have the window sticker
Old 04-08-2007, 10:25 PM
Fooshe

Default More good news!

I was at Duarte (performance) Nissan 3/24/07 and they had 2 enthusiast 6sp mt Z's there. I could have got either for $24,500. An auto for $25,500. One was silver and one was Daytona Blue. CAUTION** the Daytona Blue one had some damage that was repaired and now it's on the window sticker. The silver car was turned back in after being sold, but it drove perfect, and must be sold as used....don't pay more than $24,500. If they ask for more, tell them you heard that they already commited to selling it for that price to someone else who passed it up. Ask for Daniel, who is a new sales guy. He knows who I am and he is a super guy....his closer is an idiot. Work his *** like a $10 *****!

Originally Posted by IlovemyZ33
Ok so it appears what happened was this, I DID do research, but When I ask the dealer 7 times last night What model is this and they tell me 7 times Ent. then im going to take thier word for it, not knowing that the steering wheel and traction control aren't there. Only this morning after I got home from last night which I spent ALL yesterday and the 3 days before just trying to get a car. Im/was tired and I didn't full think I took what they said.

But apparently after my scene in there there excuse was that, there computer data base, had the car as a enthusiast. So last night after I saw that I was sure, and disregarded my knowledge and assumed I had just read wrong. Anyways they took the car back, since It hadn't even been a full day. And when calling them up and hearing the sales manager saying im busy ill call you when I get to this, I told him basicly If you don't call me in 20 minutes, Ill be calling my lawyer.( my cousins wife is a DA and my neighbor/long time family friend is a very successful lawyer . I'm usually a really easy going guy and 100% understanding but maybe it was just because the stress this has brought me the last 3 days but yeah I feel kinda lame know being so hard on him but I don't like to be cheated or taken advantage of specially when im spending and paying cash for a 28k car.

So tomorrow im going to Duarte Nissan and picking up there 06 Enthusiast w/ 1kmiles on it. I confirmed it was today since luckily I saw it and corrected my mistake.

For those of you who say to just live with it, no offense but thats stupid. I'm not going to waste an extra 3.5 grand for a base model when I know what I want. I really want the LSD, thats the most important thing I was looking for besides the 6spd. Why waste that much money for a watered down car? I have money and I know what I want, Im not going to just throw it away and pay more to put a LSD tranny cruise control and TC in the car.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:40 PM
I1DER

Taking a strong stand will make all the difference. They were wrong, you weren't. You will be happy with your decision and your new Z. We are waiting for the good news. Too much bad news lately.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:05 AM
Chugg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just when you go to buy a car dont let them know that you want/NEED that car...make them work for the sale and compete with that sweet acura dealer who wants to sell you that awesome rsx!
Old 04-09-2007, 04:19 AM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by IlovemyZ33

Glad to here that things worked out well.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:48 AM
bender

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Zyellow
umm WRONG! This is why you don't get legal advice off a message board.

Buyers Remorse is for things like:

It's meant to protect people who bought items unsuspectingly such as when door to door salesman come knocking by or someone tries to sell you a gym membership while you're planting flowers on your lawn.

IT DOES NOT include someone who goes to a dealership with the intent on buying a car.

Legally, a buyer in this case, has no standing ground when buying a car UNLESS it was listed as something it is not. You had every right to go back on your purchase in this case, BUT don't be so stupid next time. The paperwork could have easily said base model and your salesman could have denied having any such conversation about it being an enthusiast model. You would have been screwed big time and there's no way you would have won that case if you took it to court.
    Old 04-09-2007, 05:04 AM
    dubbzdiggler

you have an 03 and you looked at an 06, they are diff.
    Old 04-09-2007, 06:59 AM
    tranceformer95

I wouldn't want to keep that base model either, not because it was a base model, but because of the principle of the sale. I wouldn't want a car from that dealership no matter what, there are plenty of 350z's out there and i'm glad you found another one.

To hell with that dealership.
    Old 04-09-2007, 07:55 AM
    The Brickyard Rat
    350Z-holic

Good job.
    Old 04-09-2007, 11:55 AM
    maXmood
    Under Boost!

wooo .. i'd be pissed too .. good that it went out fine..

post some pics...

Quick Reply: How to tell what kinda of Z you have?