Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

would u let your spouse, g/f, wife, hubby, etc drive your 350z?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 12:36 PM
raceboy
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have let tons of people drive my car. Like Vandy said, if I trust them, they can drive it. As much as some people like to fantasize, this ain't no Ferrari. My wife drives it all the time. Man, guys must trip when they see a 5'6" tall hispanic chich driving a black, slightly lowered, Z with "FEARMYZ" on the plates!!
Old 04-17-2003, 02:40 PM
iris

i've offered but he's only driven it once. i think he is afraid that i will cry if he does anything bad to it (plus he is nervous about not being able to see out the back - he's used to driving SUV's).

i've let my brother drive it, but he works for ford as an engineer.

i will NEVEr let my dad drive it. he fell asleep at the wheel once and flipped the car. he has also run the family volvo up the curb.
Old 04-17-2003, 02:44 PM
2003z

My wife drives my car all the time, and when we thought we were going to drive her leased G35c to California, I requested she drive the Z while I was out of town (I drive a truck to work) to keep the miles off. We switch back and forth all the time.

As for other people, I'm a little wierd. I don't like driving other peoples cars, but don't mind someone driving mine, especially if I'm in it with them. I let a coworker who has an E46 M3 show me the way around the racetrack in mine. (He loved it!, plus, after 2 30 minute sessions with an hour cooldown in between, his brakes were fading, we did 2 30 minute back to back sessions, and my brakes still weren't fading! (Brembos)
Old 04-17-2003, 06:00 PM
Raistlin

My girl lets me drive the Z all the time.... I have offered to teach her how to drive stick on my car, 2k2 Audi A4, but she never wants to. If she knew how I would have no problems, we are both very into cars and taking good care of them.
Old 04-17-2003, 06:41 PM
jrreed350togo

I've had my Z since Sept 11, 2002 and I can count 3 times my wife has driven the Z. I don't tell her she can't, she just prefers her Highlander. Anyway the first time she drove I had my brand new at the time SSR GT3's on for about a week.She was banned until summer because of the pic below. The scratch goes about 1/4 of the way arond the lip. I WAS PISSED!!! Grounds for Divorce...Anyway...It's cheaper to keep her. She offered to get it fixed but I told her no....I'm not stingy...I'll let friends/family drive as long as I'm on the passenger side.
Attached Thumbnails would u let your spouse, g/f, wife, hubby, etc drive your 350z?-dsc01039.jpg  
Old 04-17-2003, 07:02 PM
2003z

SPeaking of 'cheaper to keep her', we once had a pilot at Delta that killed his wife, rented a chipper and chipped her into the river. (you may have seen the story on 'the new detectives'), anyway, now the saying is "Its cheaper to chip her!"
Old 04-17-2003, 08:28 PM
RAW22

Six months ago, my wife didnt want me to get my Z, now she pays for it (I pay all other bills).

In my case, like others, she can't drive a manual.

I took her to my work parking lot one weekend to teach her. She did good, but didnt want to go over 20mph, and didnt want to drive it ever again.

I love my wife!

Richard

PS, the only other people I would let drive it are my friends who have sports cars right now. If they never let me drive their cars(MR2 Turbo, S2000, etc...) a while ago, I might neve have been turned on to them a few years ago. I personally think the easiest way to buy a sports car is to simply drive one....
Old 04-17-2003, 09:24 PM
JoeAE2005

Do most married couples actually split up the bills?

I'm not married or anything, but my parents have never referred to any individual paying for a bill. It was always "we". It was always, "my money is your money."

I just thought it was kind of strange.
Old 04-18-2003, 05:10 AM
buzzdsm

Originally posted by JoeAE2005

I'm not married or anything, but my parents have never referred to any individual paying for a bill. It was always "we". It was always, "my money is your money."

My wife and I lived together a few years before we got married and we bth had seperate accounts. We split the bills. About a year befoe we got married we just threw all our money together and everything works fine.
I'm in charge of the bills though.
Old 04-18-2003, 08:34 AM
iris

Originally posted by JoeAE2005

yeah, sounds strange to me too. My mom and dad keep it separate, but it's b/c she doesn't trust him - he would go out and spend it all on fishing rods, etc..

But we have one account and everything is our money - we just split responsibilities, like I do all the bills but he does the crap like refinancing the mortgage, car and house insurance, etc..
Old 04-18-2003, 02:40 PM
hockeygabor

She drove it the day it was delivered...would let her anytime since I taught her how to drive a stick(on a Fiat 128 he he!)...sportbike would be the only "exclusive "vehicle for myself.
Raceboy:weren't you on the mr2spyder forum last year?
Old 04-19-2003, 01:54 PM
TJZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by hockeygabor
She drove it the day it was delivered...would let her anytime since I taught her how to drive a stick(on a Fiat 128 he he!)...sportbike would be the only "exclusive "vehicle for myself.
Raceboy:weren't you on the mr2spyder forum last year?
yea, raceboy used to have a mr2-s