Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

which one? Factory NISMO Z, Loaded Grand Touring Cp or G37.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 09:02 PM
shanki456

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally, do you honestly care what we say haha? We all ask these question, but we end up doing what we want to do. Its all up to you bro. Do what you want, and if your happy, who cares what we all think
Old 04-19-2007, 04:24 AM
Gooey

I dont think the new g37 will be all that fast as cracked up to be. Remember Road & Track got the opportunity to test one out. They compared the power lvl to be on par with the 335i but lacking the torque the beamer offers. They say its a great contender and sets new standards for other luxury sports coupe but I would say performance wise it should be on par with the Nismo Z.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:39 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Z is not going to get upgraded till 2009. For now the Nismo Z is the special edition Nissan brings out for its last year in that body style. 2009 there suppose to be big changes for the Z.

And that is straight from the person who made the 350z happen that I saw last weekend.

Guys don't forget the G37 weighs now 200lb more than its older car. That's 3700~ lb!!! The Weight is going to kill it.

Originally Posted by PrinceFemi
If I know for sure that the Z car is going to get the 3.7 motor in Jan of 08 I would hold out but no one knows this for sure. I am taking a loss by trading the 06 but the longer i hold on to it and the more miles i log on the odometer, the crappier the trade in offer will get.

I think the G37 is probably the best choice because it probably will smoke an 07 Z, and is a bit more practical because of the back seat, but if I went to an Infiniti dealership I will definitaley get raped on the trade in. When it is all said and done, what's a couple of bucks compaired to happiness and satisfaction on an automobile purchase.

The dealership I am working with is really trying to help me out since I have been back there several times to fix my rattle box. I dont even talk with the sales person guys anymore, I talk directly with the GM. He offered me the most he could for my car 26K and wants to sell me the 07 for basically cost price. At the end of the day when we worked out all of the numbers my payments went up by only $20. If I got a better interest rate than what my current loan is at, there is a good chance that my monthly payments would be lower. More power lower payments...kinda hard to beat that.

I love all of your inputs so far fellas, keep em coming. I honestly thought most people would go for the G37 because of its increase in power. The diversity in taste of the Z car owners never ceases to amaze me.

Last edited by SOLO-350Z; 04-19-2007 at 04:41 AM.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:55 AM
ZPirate

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Armitage
Not really. The Z and G got the new-revup motor at the same time and the G was actually rated 2hp less than the Z.
That was true of the 3.5 rev up, but not the 3.7. The G has the 3.7 now. The Z doesn't yet have it. The new G has 330hp. The new Z has 306.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:15 AM
MrSteak

Thats a TOUGH choice....

I've read that the G37 is right up there with the BMW 335i on a track (plus it was better in the turns, and didn't have any problems after being run hard.)

I like the rawness of the Z, but with the new G and it's engine, I think that it finally has the performance it NEEDED. Also, if you get a decent deal on the G you'll fair much better on resale or if you trade the car in down the line.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:18 AM
zeekle

Originally Posted by G35_TX
The Z is not going to get upgraded till 2009. For now the Nismo Z is the special edition Nissan brings out for its last year in that body style. 2009 there suppose to be big changes for the Z.

And that is straight from the person who made the 350z happen that I saw last weekend.

Guys don't forget the G37 weighs now 200lb more than its older car. That's 3700~ lb!!! The Weight is going to kill it.
so are they planning on selling the 2007 till fall of 2008?

Oh and to the OP if I was going to do any of them I would stick to the GT.

That being said I would wait if possible at all. You have taken the huge hit of deprecation when you drove it off the lot.

Last edited by zeekle; 04-19-2007 at 05:21 AM.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:24 AM
gothchick

Originally Posted by BaTMan_4
Kind of a hard choice. They say the G37 330hp but how many of those really make it to the wheels??? IMO the new G looks like crap compared to the current G35. When you say Nismo Z do you mean a Z with the new Nismo body-kit on there, because IMO it looks fugly.
+1, and the G37 is also dragging around 200 extra pounds in the form of gimmicks, I mean "luxuries"...

Last edited by gothchick; 04-19-2007 at 05:29 AM.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:25 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by zeekle
so are they planning on selling the 2007 till fall of 2008?

Oh and to the OP if I was going to do any of them I would stick to the GT.

That being said I would wait if possible at all. You have taken the huge hit of deprecation when you drove it off the lot.
I didn't actually ask him when the 2009 would be forsale in 2008. Probably the normal timeline.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:44 AM
FirstZ
Banned

It really depends on what you want;

G – wins for the luxury factors

Considering you are not happy "rattles" with your Z you might be happier with the G. I personal love the solid feel of my Z and want MORE, bring on the Nismo Z!
Old 04-19-2007, 05:47 AM
Gooey

Im thinking the Nismo Z will have a better resale value since its only limited to what 1500cars/year??
Its a poor man's collector's car
Old 04-19-2007, 05:51 AM
NA350Z

Wait for the 2009 Z.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:16 AM
blackstealthz

Originally Posted by PrinceFemi
If I know for sure that the Z car is going to get the 3.7 motor in Jan of 08 I would hold out but no one knows this for sure. I am taking a loss by trading the 06 but the longer i hold on to it and the more miles i log on the odometer, the crappier the trade in offer will get.

I think the G37 is probably the best choice because it probably will smoke an 07 Z, and is a bit more practical because of the back seat, but if I went to an Infiniti dealership I will definitaley get raped on the trade in. When it is all said and done, what's a couple of bucks compaired to happiness and satisfaction on an automobile purchase.

The dealership I am working with is really trying to help me out since I have been back there several times to fix my rattle box. I dont even talk with the sales person guys anymore, I talk directly with the GM. He offered me the most he could for my car 26K and wants to sell me the 07 for basically cost price. At the end of the day when we worked out all of the numbers my payments went up by only $20. If I got a better interest rate than what my current loan is at, there is a good chance that my monthly payments would be lower. More power lower payments...kinda hard to beat that.

I love all of your inputs so far fellas, keep em coming. I honestly thought most people would go for the G37 because of its increase in power. The diversity in taste of the Z car owners never ceases to amaze me.

The G is nice but when you sit in the z you have that race car feel.In the G its still nice but it more of a luxury sport sedan. So i think either way you cant lose both great cars.But i really dont think the G will be smoking the Z it will be a good race but the Z will not get smoked. You have to remember the G is alittle bit more heavier due to all the extra options. And the back seats plus the Z is running really impressive 1/4 mile times 13.3/13.4. All in all if the Z were to lose wouldnt be by much. Well Goodluck with your choice
Old 04-19-2007, 09:47 AM
kdogg24

luxury sports (G), or pure sports (Z)? your choice
Old 04-19-2007, 09:56 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Get da Nismo Z.. No brainer
Old 04-20-2007, 09:38 AM
PrinceFemi

Default Made Decision

Thank all of you for your comments. They all helped me out in one way or the other to make my decision.

I have decided to get a 07 Magnetic Black GT coupe. The dealer located one for me from a dealership in Houston, Texas, called them up to arrange a dealer trade and got no response. My dealer warned me about dealership in Texas, claiming that they didn’t like to trade but assured me that he would keep trying. A few days passed and still no word on when to come and pick up my new car so I called my dealer again and he told me the guys in Houston wont return his messages, talk less of making a deal for the car. I was very surprised because I thought that it was an automatic thing. You know, the "if one dealer has a car they all have it" kind of thing. I though it was just a matter of paying to get the car transported to your location.

In great disbelief and denial, I called the dealership in Houston myself and spoke to the Sales Manager named Jason Calon. I initially asked for the GM but could not get him because he was in a meeting. To cut a long story short, the sales manager told me he didn’t return the calls of the GM at my dealership because he didn’t want to dealer-trade the car. He said he was aware that a loaded 07 GT coupe is pretty rare in the country right now and that he knows he can make a lot of money off of the vehicle if he sold it himself. I wondered "whatever happened to being a team player? Aren’t you guys supposed to be one great big Nissan family"? Hoping to coerce him into trading the vehicle I explained to him that I lived 2 states over and would appreciate if he traded the car to my dealership, he just chuckled and reaffirmed to me that his sole objective is to make money and it does nothing for him to trade the car to my dealership. He then offered to sell directly to me if I didn’t mind making the 360 mile trip to Houston. Even if I could make that trip I wouldn’t purchase it from his greedy a**. I do understand that all dealerships are in it to make money but the blatancy of this guy was disgusting and the fact that he wouldn’t trade a car to a colleague who is hundreds of miles away (not in his market) further disturbed me about him. What a greedy bastard!

The dealership is Baker-Jackson Nissan South. From what I have been able to gather Baker-Jackson is a huge dealership in Houston with a very robust inventory. Why would this guy hold on to one car as if it the survivability of his dealership depended on the sale of this one vehicle? Beware of these people, money means everything to them and they are not team players. I bet you, over at their dealership they treat you like human excrement if you don’t purchase your car from them and then walk in there expecting first-class service to your vehicle

I have asked my dealership to order me one and I will wait patiently for my new car.

Once again thanks much for all of your comments. I really appreciated it.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:21 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

All dealerships are owned by privately owned. Here in San Antonio, TX Gunn Nissan is the monopoly of dealerships. I know they trade cars to outside cities as well. But I will say the GT is a rare car. Hard to find. There is a 2006 used one at Ancira Nissan here that is forsale fyi but all its rims are curb rashed so I didn't even consider it anymore.

The dealer in Houston has a right to not trade cars that will bring money in. They will lose money if they trade cars. And since they are all owned differently, they are really not a Nissan family kind of thing.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:12 AM
35TH ANY

Generally, I believe that they do fairly equal trades. For example, if your local dealer had a comparably equipped GT Coupe in another color to trade they may have done it.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Guy the Larry

G
Old 04-22-2007, 12:52 PM
theaxe1149

I would ask your dealer about the GT-R befor I paid $40k for a Z or a G.
if your going to wait for 08 then i suggest u add the gtr to your list.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:02 PM
Z04

i would say suck it up a bit longer and wait for a GTR

Quick Reply: which one? Factory NISMO Z, Loaded Grand Touring Cp or G37.