Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

She's here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2003, 08:19 AM
christoc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default She's here!!!

I picked her up last night with dealer plates, went back today and finished off the paperwork! Now I am off to put miles on her!

http://www.christoc.com/2003/April/350Z/
Old 04-19-2003, 09:56 AM
supra crazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think its an entusiet it was zenons and 17s and started at 28k
Old 04-19-2003, 10:02 AM
fdao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats and good choice
Old 04-19-2003, 10:15 AM
cinciZ

Congrats man! I assume you order from dealer? How long did it take for them to deliver? I am going to be ordering next week. They say 60 - 90 days.
Old 04-19-2003, 10:47 AM
jleighZ

Congrats on your car! I can't believe I have to wait til Thursday to go get her though!! Too long!
Old 04-19-2003, 03:38 PM
christoc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, it's an enthusiast, 6spd. I actually lucked out with the car. On 4/7 I went to a dealer in the evening, didn't like the deal he worked out and then left to go to another dealer. This second dealer got a check of mine and was supposed to find me an enthusiast model that they would dealer transfer in.

On Tuesday I filled out an order with carsdirect.com, an online car broker. I ended up cancelling that order with them because I felt I could beat the price. Wednesday a guy from Bommarito here in St. Louis called and left me a message, saying that he had a DB enthusiast for me.

I called him back, and he told me he had one coming in on a truck, scheduled to be here on 4/29. I called the dealer who was working on a transfer and told them to find me a blue car, they said they would find some and call me back. Thursday morning they hadn't called me so I went out there, my salesperson was off. He didn't mention that on the phone wednesday, so I picked up my check and drove to Bommarito. I gave them a check, and Todd told me the car could be here around 4/21.

I bugged him this week, called each day, and he told me the car was scheduled for 4/17. Well Thursday came and went, no car, Friday at 1pm I called him, and he said it still wasn't there. So at this point I was a little dissapointed, I had gotten my hopes up and even got off of work early to go get my car if it was there. About 4:30 Todd called and said it was there and would be ready to go in an hour. So I went out to the dealer at 5:30, with a date scheduled at 7:30. I called my date and told her I was most likely going to be late. I watched them wash the car, and then waited for the finance guy. A little after 8 I asked Todd how long he thought it would be because I was already late for a date.

So he got me out the door with some dealer plates for the evening, and I went back to the dealer this morning and got all the paperwork filled out, the car is mine!

So from the time I put money down, to arrival was 8 days. Todd was an excellent salesperson, and I highly recommend anyone looking for any Nissan to go to Bommarito and ask for Todd.

So I have my car, the exact one I wanted/needed, and have 200 miles down, 1k more to go before I can play with it! Hopefully I will have that 1k done by next week so I can run it at a local autocross.
Old 04-19-2003, 07:46 PM
NissanCar

I'm sure your date was impressed!

I went to carsdirect to check the price - WTF MSRP?!?! I guess if you want to play, you got to pay.

What kind of deal did you get from Todd?

NissanCar
http://nissancar.onlinepulpit.com
Attached Thumbnails She's here!!!-cd.jpg