Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

If this Nismo news is old news....

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2003, 06:02 PM
little_rod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If this Nismo news is old news....

then you can shoot be I guess, lol. Here ya go:

Speaker was Ken Zapp, Senior Marketing Manager, for Nismo, NNA.

There will be an announcement regarding Nismo at:
SEMA International Auto Salon
Friday, April 25, 2003
Los Angeles Convention Center
Los Angeles, CA

Scafremon took the following notes from the Group Z Club Meeting tonight:
The formal launch for Nismo in US is this fall, but because of the pressure from enthusiasts, they are doing an early launch in June.

The early launch will consist of limited products for the 350Z and Sentra SE-R. Ken couldn't say which products will be in the early launch, but thinks it will be Lifestyle Products (Shirts and stuff), suspension, and cat-back exhaust (which he said creates a 6-8 hp increase at rear wheels).

The formal launch will include more products for these 2 cars, and also include parts for the Altima, Frontier, and Exterra.

The full Japanese catalog will not be included in the US. This is due to regulations, and also NNA's determination on which products will do well here, and which won't.

While Nismo in Japan is a separate company, Nismo US is a part of NNA. There are no plans to open Nismo stores in US - parts will be sold through dealers.

Some things will be different between US and Japan. Example is the Nismo spoiler. In Japan, it is fiberglass, in US it is urethane.

Interesting tidbit: The Nismo spoiler was actually designed by Sony for on of their games. Sony was adding the 350z to their game and wanted a spoiler on it before Nismo had designed one. So Sony submitted their design to Nismo, Nismo tested it, and since it was a legit performance enhancer design, created it as a product.

There are two classes of products:
S-Tune and R-Tune

S-Tune products are street designed products and carry a Nissan warranty, when installed by a dealer.

R-Tune are competition products are not warranted by dealers since the products are for track application.

There are no current plans to carry over Nismo parts for the Infinity G35.
Old 04-19-2003, 06:22 PM
little_rod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by VQracer
It's old.

And please give credit to other sites you get information from.

And please post in the proper forum.
Sorry dude, didn't know. Thought it was just easier to cut and paste, oh well. Guess I will have to find something new, lol.