Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

color distribution on pre sales

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2002, 01:45 AM
Goober
Charter Member #57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just deflecting some of the pain that is being inflicted on my unborn baby for its color (or is that lack of color?). I am so confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-28-2002, 04:07 AM
3rdpower

I love black personally... it's just a cleaning nightmare.
Old 07-28-2002, 04:59 AM
Boomer

Default Colors

Originally posted by 3rdpower
Black = Awesome color... gets dirty quick

Blue = Very nice color... didn't know it was going to be so beautiful or else I may have got it

Brickyard = Another VERY nice color... almost got it but it rains here in Seattle and it's too hard to keep clean. Also... maroon = conservative IMHO

Silver = played out

Silverstone = nice color... played

white = played out... not my kinda color

Redline = AWESOME COLOR... But it's 80s!

Sunset = bold, different, loud, in-your-face, concept color - easy choice

More and more orange cars are coming out. It's not going to be a color that disappears in the long run. It's a nice contrast to the played out silver.
Brickyard/maroon=conservative? Them's fightin' words, 3rdpower! Are you tracking this post, Dr. Bonz? Actually, when you combine Brickyard with Frost interior like Pooh2002 and I did, we have amazed ourselves with our impeccaaaable taste, right Pooh?

Seriously, I have been surprised at my changing attitude toward what I consider the bold colors, Lemans Sunset and Daytona Blue. I don't consider Redline bold, its just a bright"Arrest me red", too conspicuous to the gendarmes for me.

Of course I chose Brickyard, so I have to like it and I do; one of the reasons being, it will change dramatically in different lights. I have grown to like Daytona Blue more and more as I see it more often on this site. Lemans Sunset, really turned me off at first, I thought it was garish, pretentious and ugly.

The more I see it now, it begins to appeal to me. Why? I have figured it out, finally. I owned a 1972 Datsun Orange( everyone I knew called it that) 240Z for 7 yrs. Looking now, I am beginning to see a transition from a flat, non-metallic orange turn into a metallic Lemans Sunset over the years. Datsun Orange used to be the signature color for the 240Z because it was the boldest color, like British Racing Green was for my 1965 Triumph TR4 and all British sports cars of that era, really.

Before you start to crow, 3rdpower, I am not saying Lemans Sunset will the new Nissan Z's signature color, merely tracing its lineage, perhaps ZISME? could shed further light on my thoughts or others here. Do any of you see what I am seeing in the color?

Boomer--surprised and curious.
BR/FR/AT

P.S. All of the colors look good, because the car looks so damned sweet!
Old 07-28-2002, 05:13 AM
rep15

Colors are subjective. I found this out firsthand from my bride of many decades. Asked sheepishly if she liked the "yellow-orange", knowing she wouldn't. She loved it. Ask if she liked the Daytona Blue knowing she would love it, she said that color shouldn't be in our garage.

Why? I have no idea. We have been married 32 years. And I thought I knew the chick.

Fortunately we both will fight over the LeMans Sunset Z and probably the blue also if we had gotten it. Color is so unimportant to the car but so important to our egos.
Old 07-28-2002, 05:13 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree. When I first ordered, I really didn't like the blue and I hated the sunset. Now, after seeing pics of these colors I have changed my mind. I really like the sunset and love the blue. I just hope that they aren't flash in the pan colors and die out in popularity like some other colors. You know how when you see a light frog kind of green you automatically think 70's?

Anyway, I still think Brickyard will be awesome and will be really dramatic when all shined up. (I think the Zaino brothers owe me some free Z6 or something)