Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Freak accident involving 350Z in my town

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 08:22 AM
sry110

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

First, this is a sad story and I can't even imagine the pain of being run over by a car, let alone a car with stiff low-profile tires.

Second, this is unfortunately Darwin awards territory. There is a reason that we are all taught to cut the wheels all the way in toward the curb when parking on any incline, in conjunction with setting the parking/emergency brake and putting it in 'park' (for automatics), or in gear for manual transmissions.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:27 AM
Deftones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's gotta be one of the worst ways a person can die right there.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:37 AM
Vorais

Originally Posted by annahandres
Well not to be insensitive but anyone who parks their car in neutral on a hill without a parking brake.... and a Z nonetheless! Make way for the 'woman driver' comments.
Well, what do you think happens when you give a woman driver the keys?

j/k

Seriously though, sorry that this happend in the first place, but I am glad it was the driver that paid the price this time. This happens way too often and in this case the outcome was better than it could have been. Very often the one killed or seriously injured happens to be some kid or passerby that had no control over the situation. I also wonder if she may have been partial intoxicated (after work drinks) or has done this several times before. I would also say that this is more of an attention issue than a gender issue.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:06 AM
Deftones

Originally Posted by Vorais
I also wonder if she may have been partial intoxicated (after work drinks) or has done this several times before.
Yeah, for kicks I let my car run over me all the time... I love the way my lungs puncture as my ribcage collapses. Can't wait to do it again, good times.

Ever think that maybe it's wasn't the drivers fault? She's dead. Show a little respect.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:13 AM
Nimicus

As a side note I can't tell you how many people I know (mainly women) who think it's unnecessary to engage the e-brake. What the hell is so hard about pulling a little lever up or stomping on the e-brake with your foot? Frustrates me... And I know you people also know somebody like this...
Old 05-03-2007, 09:28 AM
6894kevin

I heard about this on the radio this morning.

It's sad to say but accidents happen and people die every day from the little things.

I also just realized i will hopefully be picking up my Z in greenwood in about a week. Hope C Thompson didn't sell her that car, Very sad
Old 05-03-2007, 09:54 AM
S8ER95Z

Wow. Hope I don't have to respond to anything like that.. wouldn't be much of a mess but sad for sure.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:55 AM
Tubbs

Originally Posted by Nimicus
As a side note I can't tell you how many people I know (mainly women) who think it's unnecessary to engage the e-brake. What the hell is so hard about pulling a little lever up or stomping on the e-brake with your foot? Frustrates me... And I know you people also know somebody like this...

Yes. Also, why can't you put the car in gear for extra safety?
Old 05-03-2007, 09:59 AM
NJ350zr

my in laws are retiring on the lake
Old 05-03-2007, 10:01 AM
S8ER95Z

Originally Posted by sry110
There is a reason that we are all taught to cut the wheels all the way in toward the curb when parking on any incline, in conjunction with setting the parking/emergency brake and putting it in 'park' (for automatics), or in gear for manual transmissions.
I personally recommend using your E-Brake NO MATTER WHAT transmission you have. Two reasons (and a lot of people thought I was nuts using my ebrake with my auto cars)

1) Keeps the E-brake from rusting/freezing. Can't tell you how many 10+ year old cars don't have a functional e-brake anymore because it was never used and eventually rusted to the point of it not working/breaking when it was used.

2) Parking pawl, most people don't have a clue what this is but it's actually the device that stops an automatic from rolling down a hill while in park. While the pawl is engaged there is stress put on the drivetrain and if parked using only the pawl over a number of years in hill situations you could eventually cause any number of premature failures in the drivetrain including the pawl (which would require a trans removal/rebuild to fix from what I know).
Old 05-03-2007, 10:49 AM
scg87

Sad story, but when you do stupid things..........
Old 05-03-2007, 10:54 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by annahandres
Well not to be insensitive but anyone who parks their car in neutral on a hill without a parking brake.... and a Z nonetheless! Make way for the 'woman driver' comments.
I wouldn't be so hard on her.. sounds like she made a mistake or maybe the brakes were bad or she didnt pull it up far enough..

if she was into parking the car in neutral without the brake.. she would have crashed the car a long time ago..
Old 05-03-2007, 10:54 AM
DJ SMITTY
Sponsor
CIN Motorsports

Darwin Award?? I think so. Unfortunate for her family though.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:05 AM
Moreorles

Originally Posted by 6894kevin

I heard about this on the radio this morning.

It's sad to say but accidents happen and people die every day from the little things.

I also just realized i will hopefully be picking up my Z in greenwood in about a week. Hope C Thompson didn't sell her that car, Very sad

Did you buy your car from C Thompson? They seemed unwilling to sell me one and their service department is deplorable. I have never been happy with them.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:06 AM
Moreorles

Originally Posted by NJ350zr
my in laws are retiring on the lake
The lake is the biggest booming business in Greenwood. It is the largest area of growth. I lived there for 6 years and just recently moved closer to town. They should really enjoy living there.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:56 AM
6894kevin

Originally Posted by Moreorles
Did you buy your car from C Thompson? They seemed unwilling to sell me one and their service department is deplorable. I have never been happy with them.
i did not know there service dept was bad thanks for the heds up, but the Nissan Dearelship in Spartanburg couldn't get on the ball with the ordering, so i will get the car in Greenwood and service in Spartanburg or do it my self. May i ask why they wouldn't sell you one? They let me take out the first 07 they got on the lot and it was a touring. I delt with John and he seemed to be pretty easy going, he even let me take it down 25 at a pretty good rate.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:42 PM
NJ350zr

yeah they bought 2 Grand Harbor properties about 6 years ago. They just bought a couple more a the plantation a few years go. Great investments
Old 05-03-2007, 02:07 PM
JunkStory

The driver license exam should emphasize more on the importance of the e-brake.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:03 PM
keosh

wow poor girl omg i hope she is ok
Old 05-03-2007, 04:10 PM
Mid117

Originally Posted by DJ SMITTY
Darwin Award?? I think so. Unfortunate for her family though.
Unfortunate indeed, but maybe she should've gotten a 5at.

RIP.

Quick Reply: Freak accident involving 350Z in my town