Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

what to get?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007 | 10:35 AM
SirSpeedyZ

Originally Posted by steve5
has been said before... RSX, you can't go wrong...

RSX + VTEC + Turbo now your in Joey Carrera's league
so true
Old 06-05-2007 | 10:40 AM
CAYENNE2005

I agree with the srt4 being teens. My son has an srt4 but he is 18 going into college. My husband and i both have a Z and that is what he plans to get for his next car, but it will be after college. SRT4 is a little beater car for now.
Old 06-05-2007 | 10:50 AM
PM-Performance

How can you compare the cars? I hate Neons, but am somewhat impressed with the SRT's, but they are not in the same class at all.

4dr vs 2dr
Family car vs sports car
FWD vs RWD
So so handling for a FWD car vs awesome handling car.
All the kids and ricers can afford them vs. Not soooo many people can afford them and then to rice them out. So you dont see as many.
Always wants to race and blow off and annoy people vs. Nice calm collected drivers who usually dont even get hassled because the other drivers know whats up

Enuff yet?
Old 06-05-2007 | 01:25 PM
pukiZ

another one of these? get a SRT-4 if you want straightline speed, but if u ever plan to turn ... then u might need to look elsewhere. Looks wise i think 99% of ppl agree Z > SRT-4, but if styling is not that big of a deal to you then Z's probably not the right car for you
Old 06-05-2007 | 02:46 PM
davidv

Originally Posted by pukiZ
another one of these? get a SRT-4 if you want straightline speed, but if u ever plan to turn ... then u might need to look elsewhere. Looks wise i think 99% of ppl agree Z > SRT-4, but if styling is not that big of a deal to you then Z's probably not the right car for you
I believe that the SRT-4 runs SCCA D Stock. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Old 06-05-2007 | 02:53 PM
davidv

Originally Posted by phillyfan
yeah decided on the Z gonna go out tomorrow to the dealer and hopefully get a good price but i heard the bose system sucks is it at least better then the standard or should i just plan on replacing it no matter what system i get since i love to listen to music in my car
Drive the 350Z. If you like it - buy it. We are 350Z enthusiasts, but realise that the 350Z is not the best choice for everyone.

Interesting that you are shopping for a performance sports car, but talking about audio equipment.
Old 06-05-2007 | 11:49 PM
greekguy824

Originally Posted by davidv
Interesting that you are shopping for a performance sports car, but talking about audio equipment.
The Z doesn't need a radio, it sounds gorgeous.
Old 06-06-2007 | 10:59 AM
alan86

u want style fast get a z, u want ugly fast get a srt
Old 06-06-2007 | 11:03 AM
Richy350Z

2 nights ago, i was driving on the 450 NB and I spotted a black SRT-4 and on the plates he had, "FWD KING"

He knew not to mess with the Z...
Old 06-06-2007 | 12:11 PM
Seel

When I used to work at a GMC dealership the Dodge Neon is the car we had to try to get people to buy that couldn't afford nice cars (or qualify to buy them credit wise).

A typical situation:

Potentiail buyer: "I want this (add new or nice used vehicle here)!" "I love this car!"
Me: "Great, let's go see what I can do"

(Credit App time)

Me: "Well it seems as though you have had some credit issues and hence you are going to be liimited to what a bank will loan you monthly for an auto loan"

"let me show you this Dodge Neon I have out here"

Potential Buyer: "OH HELLLLL NO!" (cloud of smoke where person was once sitting appears)

Last edited by Seel; 06-06-2007 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-06-2007 | 01:39 PM
furiousZ

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
You should get an SRT-4!

Only that car can satisfy your need for speed. It is also much sexier than the Z to you obviously. Don't get a Z since they're really hard to modify and the engine tends to blow when you run it under mucho PSI to gain more speed and SMOKE vettes. You should also look into the RSX, they tends to beat SRT-4s often and both of those car will look much sexier than the Z. End of story byebye.

SRT-4 of your dreams

350z - Doesn't look as good as the srt-4....or as fast...and engine blows a lot with turbo under high boost
\

All jokes aside, are you really serious? I mean this isn't even a real question. If you were comparing the 350z with an STI or EVO8/9 or s2k I can understand...but an SRT-4?! Come on man, 4 doors, front wheel drive, made by dodge. You're comparing that pos with a car that has a history packed with racing heritage and legendary status. If you want to talk about quality and styling, the Z will beat the SRT-4 without a doubt. If you want speed, I guarantee you the Z will save you more money and give you more speed. Why? because if done right, you will spend more initially but you will spend LESS in the long term.

Also, the Neon takes the shape of half an egg shell. You gotta be kidding when you want to compare that to the Z - a car that countless people say is the sexiest car made! Come on, who would ever say "OMFG That's such a SEXY NEON!"
Amen. End of thread.