Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Does owning a Z make you a Z enthusiast?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 05:29 PM
Agentman03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hum ?? Eather You Are , or You Aint ...
Old 06-17-2007, 05:42 PM
trains1937

Received 119 Likes on 14 Posts

Does owning a Base make you a baser? Seriously, I knew very little about the Z when I bought it except for the fact that it had great looks and a hell of a reputation. Since then I've read up on the car and have a lot more respect for its capabilities and history. It is truly unique and has a great following. I suspect that those who are not really enthusiasts are not members of this forum or any other having to do with Zs.

Last edited by trains1937; 06-17-2007 at 05:45 PM.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:44 PM
iceagetlc

Most would think I am not because I am young, but I've followed the Z since it's conception 7 years ago in magazines, and my brother has two 280z's and a few datsuns we've worked on. I've tried to test drive every Z i've seen, even G35's, and I know alot about the specs on all cars, as well as how to work on them for the most part.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:49 PM
Jason333
hi

Originally Posted by shimz350z
so, you're basically saying a chick with cash who knows nothing about the Z is an enthusiast. While the poor joe smo making minimum wage therefore can't afford the z, and knows all about the z's heritage isn't an enthusiast.

Great logic

Uh reread it superstar
Old 06-17-2007, 05:56 PM
IcW@TeR

Originally Posted by iceagetlc
Most would think I am not because I am young, but I've followed the Z since it's conception 7 years ago in magazines, and my brother has two 280z's and a few datsuns we've worked on. I've tried to test drive every Z i've seen, even G35's, and I know alot about the specs on all cars, as well as how to work on them for the most part.
280z is a datsun mr. enthusiast

Old 06-17-2007, 06:04 PM
TheGest

Originally Posted by roast
Making pointless threads on a Z forum definitely qualifies you for enthusiast status.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:19 PM
MeetJoeAsian

man, my body is so sore...had a crawfish boil today at the house and I had to do all the work...cooked all 103 pounds of mud bugs...I make bada$$ crawfish....and spaghetti from scratch...yeah...I made the sauce 2 nites ago, and let it sit in the fridge so the flavor could come together, and man, it also tasted bada$$ today....

also, damn freaking hotmail, I get spam every freaking day...my phone give give me an alert that I have new email and most times I open, it was either something along the line of "ROCK HER WITH YOUR C**K TODAY" or egh...you know what I'm talking about....I checked and I've had my hotmail account for almost 10 years, and I actually pay for it to get extra attachment size, but freaking-A, they can't freaking control the spam....damn Microsoft....

man, my left foot is aching, I think I'ma goto bed early tonite since I need to get up early for an early meeting at work....well...egh...rememer, we luv you almost!!!

(...nah, I didn't post this in the wrong forum...)
Old 06-17-2007, 06:50 PM
md350

Owning a Z most definitely does NOT make you an enthusiast. I see people driving Z's all the time that don't give a **** unfortunately. If you asked them what car they're driving they'd have to think about which number it is.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:54 PM
Divergent13

Originally Posted by shimz350z
so, you're basically saying a chick with cash who knows nothing about the Z is an enthusiast. While the poor joe smo making minimum wage therefore can't afford the z, and knows all about the z's heritage isn't an enthusiast.

Great logic

So why is the poor joe wasting his life learning about cars he can't afford? Pretty pathetic if you ask me. You HAVE to own a Z to be an enthusiast. Sorry, it's the first and most important step. Otherwise, you're a damn poser or wannabe.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:02 PM
black06z

Its takes a really special person to appreciate the heritage, performance, looks, and feel of the Z.
On another note, a person who mods the Z is, I believe, an enthusiast. Some people lease and never touch one part of the Z, and sell it after the lease is up, because they have never truly appreciated it.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:15 PM
Shabba2

Originally Posted by Divergent13
So why is the poor joe wasting his life learning about cars he can't afford? Pretty pathetic if you ask me. You HAVE to own a Z to be an enthusiast. Sorry, it's the first and most important step. Otherwise, you're a damn poser or wannabe.
Absolutely not... I'm a car enthusiast in general and a Z/Porsche enthusiast in particular. I love 911's but don't have the cash to own one and have to make due with my 944. Does it make me any less of a p-car enthusiast because I cannot own one? Of course not. Does it make me less of an enthusiast because I bought a base 350 instead of a GT?

Ever have pictures of a particular girl (or guy if you are a gal) up in your room, hoping one day to meet them (pam anderson, etc)? If you didn't meet that person, did it make you any less excited to think about them? Your logic leads to the conclusion that someone can only like something if it is attainable.

The first and most important step in being an enthusiast is the love for whatever it is you are after. I love the Porsce C-GT...it does not mean I will own one in my lifetime...
Old 06-17-2007, 07:19 PM
black06z

Originally Posted by Shabba2
Absolutely not... I'm a car enthusiast in general and a Z/Porsche enthusiast in particular. I love 911's but don't have the cash to own one and have to make due with my 944. Does it make me any less of a p-car enthusiast because I cannot own one? Of course not. Does it make me less of an enthusiast because I bought a base 350 instead of a GT?

Ever have pictures of a particular girl (or guy if you are a gal) up in your room, hoping one day to meet them (pam anderson, etc)? If you didn't meet that person, did it make you any less excited to think about them? Your logic leads to the conclusion that someone can only like something if it is attainable.

The first and most important step in being an enthusiast is the love for whatever it is you are after. I love the Porsce C-GT...it does not mean I will own one in my lifetime...
Damn, man. Well said. That's what I truly wanted to say, but couldn't get the words right, because Ive been drinking.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:24 PM
greekguy824

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a Z enthusiast and I have a 240SX...for now.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:27 PM
greekguy824

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shabba2
I love the Porsce C-GT...it does not mean I will own one in my lifetime...
I got to stand next to one while it was revved at a local car show today. I'm in love.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:46 PM
iceagetlc

Originally Posted by IcW@TeR
280z is a datsun mr. enthusiast

I should have said a few OTHER datsuns in particular the 210... sorry
Old 06-18-2007, 12:22 PM
PM-Performance

most of the elders here with them are truley enthusiasts. They know the history, had other models, whatever.

Doesnt mean you have to be an enthusiast. I seen a few women and kids with them who prob just thought it was a pretty car.

a little OT, But my wife was all pysched on Saturday. Another Z guy waved and she was all excited. She goes " Cool, we have one of those cars where we all wave to eachother. Thats soooo coool"

I had to laugh.
But those are the people that are likely the enthusiasts.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:06 PM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Um, let me check, HIDs, LSD, steering wheel buttons...
Old 06-18-2007, 01:11 PM
Blu_Blur

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

True Z enthusiasts have customised license plates that have at least one 'Z' cleverly placed to spell a word that would've otherwise use an 'S'.

It's a tradition. I wanted 'KLLZ V8S' but the DMV turned it down so I came-up with something else.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:13 PM
6894kevin

Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep
Um, let me check, HIDs, LSD, steering wheel buttons...
(me Too),
Old 06-18-2007, 01:14 PM
GalvatronType_R

Besides being knowledgeable, an enthusiast to me is also someone who takes the utmost care of their car, e.g., washes it more than regularly, parks far away, a mod or two, etc. I've known a few Z owners who treat their cars as if they owned Camrys. It's sad.

Quick Reply: Does owning a Z make you a Z enthusiast?