Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 04:52 PM
stylett9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no paint damage? chips or anything?
Old 07-11-2007, 04:54 PM
alexfair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For all you people that double park, i do the same but at the same time I can't help but think that maybe some haters out there target our cars more... i mean hey now they have a real reason to key our car, we are being jack-holes by thinking we have the most bomb car in the world that it deserves two parking spots, or that we as a person are arrogant in general.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:54 PM
Dio1988

Originally Posted by VENOMSZ
I will always park as far away as possible.
Friends always trip on me though...
exactly... people always give me trouble because i have my spots that i like (something that can't move on atleast one side) and as far as possible. we had another thread talking about the jerks who still park next to u just to make u mad.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:58 PM
NGZ

Your profiling of the car owner cannot stop at just what car he drives. If someone has a nice car, all it says about him is that either he or his parents had the money to buy it.

To improve your parking kung-fu, you need to explore deeper. For example, can you tell how old the owner is? Is the owner male or female? Did he wax the car himself, or did he pay someone to do it? What mods does he have? Is it a car that an enthusiast would buy, or a car that people buy coz it's "cool"? You must research this thoroughly.

Although I have contempt for inconsiderate people, at the end of the day, the fact is no one cares about your car as much as you do. I got tired of getting door dings at work, so now I park in our campus' parking deadzone, way the f*ck away from every other building.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Dio1988

Originally Posted by NGZ
Your profiling of the car owner cannot stop at just what car he drives. If someone has a nice car, all it says about him is that either he or his parents had the money to buy it.

To improve your parking kung-fu, you need to explore deeper. For example, can you tell how old the owner is? Is the owner male or female? Did he wax the car himself, or did he pay someone to do it? What mods does he have? Is it a car that an enthusiast would buy, or a car that people buy coz it's "cool"? You must research this thoroughly.

Although I have contempt for inconsiderate people, at the end of the day, the fact is no one cares about your car as much as you do. I got tired of getting door dings at work, so now I park in our campus' parking deadzone, way the f*ck away from every other building.
you should write a book
Old 07-11-2007, 05:05 PM
NGZ

Originally Posted by Dio1988
you should write a book
Haha I've been reading too much of Miyamoto Musashi's Book of Five Rings.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:04 PM
coz

I would say a nice car parked on the far end of the parking lot would be a good car to park nearby. But then out there you usually have room to leave an empty space between you anyways.

--
Coz
Old 07-11-2007, 06:50 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
Trust me, if I see an F430 I'll park next to it. Rather take my chances with an exotic...that is if no better space is available!
that f430 owner'll be pissed if he's parked out in the middle of nowhere and you park next to him..
Old 07-11-2007, 07:09 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,681 Posts

If its a nice car parked out of the way , i'll park next to it. If its up front , well i wouldnt know there was a spot till i walked by it.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:54 AM
GalvatronType_R

Just to resurrect this old post and as a follow up, last night, I went to the movies and did my usual parking where no one else is parked. I was just 15 feet from my car when I observed some Middle Eastern tool in his E92 M3 parked right next to me EVEN THOUGH THERE WERE PLENTY OF EMPTY SPACES AROUND!

I observed him carefully and he backed into the space to the left of me and his passenger side couldn't have been more than 2-3 feet from my door. Thankfully, he was alone and so his passenger door didn't swing open. As I passed him walking back to my car to re-park, I looked at him but he was oblivious while yammering away on his cellphone (he also REEKED of cologne).

So the lesson is that I had to re-park my car last night and it made me wonder again why people think that just because someone else has a nice car it automatically means that they will respect the nice cars around them. What a crock.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:04 AM
iMikie

I park pretty far and it mostly has to be an endspot. Once I came out to my other car and someone hit it and left no note or anything. Thousands of $ in damage. If people don't care about their own cars, how are they suppose to care about ours? I also double park on an angle, but I always have in the back of my mind that someone is going to be jealous and key it. (esp. when I'm getting out of my ride with my fine lady). lol
Old 05-23-2008, 07:08 AM
Pinky Demon

Originally Posted by GalvatronType_R
Every time there is a parking thread, invariably, there is at least one reply where someone says that they will seek out another decent car to park next to under the assumption that just because the next guy has a nice car, he will take care not to ding you. Nothing could be further from the truth. Frankly, I don't know how this urban myth got started.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen luxury car drivers (especially female luxury car drivers) carelessly swing their doors wide and clip the car next to them or reach into their rides to retrieve their gussied up toy dog and let their doors hit whatever is in their path (the most guilty culprits are women who drive "girly" luxes such as the SC 430, any Range Rover or luxury SUV, etc.).

A psychology major friend once told me that I park far away and use a car cover because I don't trust people and have contempt for humanity. Because that is 100% true, therefore, I do not discriminate on the basis of brand status and will have equal distrust and contempt for ALL humanity, whether they are driving a Camry or a 911, and will park far away from everyone (if possible) and assume nothing about anyone.
Been there for a while buddy, see the sig.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:10 AM
haeshik

Originally Posted by infamous350
i agree. But i think it stil helps because someone with a more exspensive car will stil be more carefull then someone with a hoopty. It can happen either way but i rather park next to a rang rover then a civice
+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
Old 05-23-2008, 08:10 AM
350z26

Originally Posted by GalvatronType_R
Just to resurrect this old post and as a follow up, last night, I went to the movies and did my usual parking where no one else is parked. I was just 15 feet from my car when I observed some Middle Eastern tool in his E92 M3 parked right next to me EVEN THOUGH THERE WERE PLENTY OF EMPTY SPACES AROUND!

I observed him carefully and he backed into the space to the left of me and his passenger side couldn't have been more than 2-3 feet from my door. Thankfully, he was alone and so his passenger door didn't swing open. As I passed him walking back to my car to re-park, I looked at him but he was oblivious while yammering away on his cellphone (he also REEKED of cologne).

So the lesson is that I had to re-park my car last night and it made me wonder again why people think that just because someone else has a nice car it automatically means that they will respect the nice cars around them. What a crock.
someone backed into my friends car and ACTUALLY left a note with contact info. I was shocked.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:14 AM
Lento

Originally Posted by nickZ33
i have to park in the parking garage at school, so sure enough i park at the top floor in the corner near an elevator right next to the camera... i dont trust people @ all but i dont have a problem with that
Haha +1

Rules of parking in public places

1) Avoid girls with those big *** glasses on (more worried about what they look like getting out of the car than what they are doing, personal experience)
2) Avoid people FATTER than the earth itself (Quote from another member)
3) Avoid Rich Yuppies (especially on cell phones)
4) Avoid cars that already have dings in them
5) If possible double park 10,000 miles away at an angle
6) Get an end spot
7) If you must park next to another car, try to make it a modified nicer car that you can tell the owner takes care of, and park on the drivers side.... he/she may have a girlfriend who wears huge *** glasses, or a dumb *** boyfriend.
8) Finally when all else fails... My personal favorate... Make your own spot. (but dont be an ******* and block people or park in fire lanes = car getting keyed)

9) Edit and insert your rules here

Last edited by Lento; 05-23-2008 at 08:28 AM.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:22 AM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Galvatron,
Maybe the Middle Eastern guy was thinking "well if I park my passenger side next to this guy I won't have to open that door and he will be careful not to ding that side either." Could have been covering his passenger side and your driver's side at the same time.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:45 AM
BallZdeepNYC

i usually take up 2 spots in parking lots where you drive into the spot not parallel park actually i do it with all parking lol
Old 05-23-2008, 08:50 AM
my05350z

At home i park by myself right under a spot light which isnt far from my cop neighbors car and is visible from my bedroom window.

When at work i park in a corner spot right behind where i sit. I park as close to the corner as possible without scraping rims or tires.

When I used to go to walmart, many times i would park as far from the front door as possible and still come out to find people parked next to me. So I shop at publix now
Old 05-23-2008, 08:50 AM
sir captian

One night I was sitting in my Z getting ready to back out of my space when some dude goes to the car next to me flings his car door open and hit my passenger side view mirror.I rolled my window down a called him f--cking idiot.He said nothing back because he knows hes a idiot.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:01 AM
350z26

Originally Posted by sir captian
One night I was sitting in my Z getting ready to back out of my space when some dude goes to the car next to me flings his car door open and hit my passenger side view mirror.I rolled my window down a called him f--cking idiot.He said nothing back because he knows hes a idiot.
if i ever CATCH someone doing some **** like that I would not let it go. They would pay for it. a small little ding or nick in the paint can cost hundreds. Why should I have to pay for it.

Quick Reply: Fellow Z'ers, parking next to other nice cars will not protect you