Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got To Be Kidding Me

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 01:27 PM
designcor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got To Be Kidding Me

So ive been going through the whole oil consumption test process with Universal City Nissan for my 2006.5 M/T . First time i took it in at 2500 miles, because it was knocking..sounded like a jackhammer going off under the hood. The service advisor tells me that the motor was almost 4 qts low...(wtf, in just 2500 miles)...and that they need to perform the consumption test, before they order me a new engine, but that it is most likely what they will do next time i return. So they filled it up and told me to return in 1000 miles. So i take it back yesterday with after putting the required mileage on and now in just 1000 miles it is 3 qts low, and the service advisor is now telling me flat out that nissan doesnt have the fix yet for the updated motor and that they are gonna fill it up again and i need to come back in 700 miles...so im already not havin it, and tell him this is getting ridiculous, that they seem to be trying to drag me along until they find a fix....finally i give up arguing with him, he has the porter pull my car up, and the whole right side of the bumper and fender appear to have scraped a wall now im really pissed, he then tries asking me, "Oh that wasnt there before?"....wtf...then proceeds to get all smug with me and tell me he can have it "touched up tomorrow, it will be like magic"......sorry buddy you cant use your touch up paint bottle for entire fender...im sooo furious right now, i dont even want the car anymore, they can have it back...sorry, i just needed to vent.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:32 PM
soleil
NolaZcc

sorry to hear that man...hope everything works out
Old 08-21-2007, 01:37 PM
Mazinger Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

omg that sucks...

well, as for the oil consumption thing, I read that nissan isn't doing the service anymore. It's because they can't fix it I know... wtf right?

Get your fender fixed and head over to west covina nissan. It sounds like your problem is pretty extreme and they will swap engines in extreme cases.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:45 PM
cdoxp800

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Two words "Lemon Law"

You are getting a service order written up each time you visit stating just what was done correct?
Old 08-21-2007, 01:58 PM
VENOMSZ

Congratulations Nissan!
Another shisty **** dealership's service.
National epidemic
I feel for you, I hope you get a new Z out of this.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:01 PM
MyZFiona

i have an 06 rev-up 6mt.. with the oil consumption problem... and nissan has replace my short block once already... and my car still burns oil.. but not as much.... but i've been really patience with nissan... and they are going to give me a j-spec hand built motor... that nissan in japan has been working on... so there is a fix being worked out.. good things come to those who wait... and i am more then happy to have a hand built j-spec coming to me...
Old 08-21-2007, 02:41 PM
designcor

Yes...i have been documenting and filing each service report written up upon my visits. I am actually speaking with a lemon law attorney this afternoon. I mean i love my Z, but after it goes in the body shop and gets a motor swap it will never be the same...I would consider an 07, but the way Nissan is handling things thus far, really makes me question it
Old 08-21-2007, 02:50 PM
Azn_Empurio

get a LAWYER
Old 08-21-2007, 02:54 PM
Conceyted

Originally Posted by Azn_Empurio
get a LAWYER
+1
Old 08-21-2007, 03:04 PM
nICE d(C)reams

Same thing happened to me over at Universal Nissan. I did the 1000 mile (3qts low), 900 mile (2.5qts low), and 800 mile (2qts low) interval test. At the end of it all, they asked me to bring documentation for all oil changes that have ever been done to the car rather than provide a fix. WTF? I bought the car used and told them that and they said that I had to find a way to get in touch with the previous owner and get the oil change records. Universal FTMFL!!
Old 08-21-2007, 03:15 PM
stalarman@yahoo

Lock stock... and walk you with 2 smokin barrels.. ill have the jack waitin...
Old 08-21-2007, 04:46 PM
designcor

Originally Posted by Azn_Empurio
get a LAWYER
working on that right now
Old 08-21-2007, 05:09 PM
CaliTouring

lol man who was your service writer? i swear what you just typed was like a flashback of my car there lol. believe me when i tell you that what you have been through there is not **** compared to me. i became friends with one of the service writers there so i was always taken care of everytime i went there. i even became friends with the service manager over there. PM me all your info and ill try to get some help for you. but at the end i ended up lemoning my Z lol.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:14 PM
diwun67

Did you try calling NNA?
Old 08-21-2007, 05:52 PM
designcor

Originally Posted by diwun67
Did you try calling NNA?
havent tried the NNA yet, been trying to deal with my attorney tonight, perhaps tomorrow i could try contacting them
Old 08-21-2007, 10:44 PM
bremboboy

Universal City Nissan is a POS Dealership!!

They F***** up my car as well...and asked the same question...Wasn't that already there?

Best Advice
1. Dont go there
2. If you have to, dont let a porter drive your car

A guy at the dealership personally told me that he races the customers cars down the freeway. He basically knew everything about Z modding because he had driven every customer car to the MAX.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:08 AM
CaliTouring

Originally Posted by bremboboy
Universal City Nissan is a POS Dealership!!

They F***** up my car as well...and asked the same question...Wasn't that already there?

Best Advice
1. Dont go there
2. If you have to, dont let a porter drive your car

A guy at the dealership personally told me that he races the customers cars down the freeway. He basically knew everything about Z modding because he had driven every customer car to the MAX.
LOL dont you wish u were him
Old 08-22-2007, 04:07 AM
blackstealthz

Wow we must have the worst customer service available most nissan dealerships either dont know **** to begin with.Then they mess up your car and blame you saying that it was there before.Nissan really has a award winning group of employees working for them.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:15 AM
FlyingToaster

Is this 'oil consumption' issue inherent to most 350s, new vs. old ones, or just a seldom occurance with few builts?

It is a little concerning, but I'd lke to know - if you all would please - if it is a serious problem across 2006+ models.

Thank you.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:29 AM
rockinbboy

Originally Posted by FlyingToaster
Is this 'oil consumption' issue inherent to most 350s, new vs. old ones, or just a seldom occurance with few builts?

It is a little concerning, but I'd lke to know - if you all would please - if it is a serious problem across 2006+ models.

Thank you.
Its a rev-up engine issue found commonly in the 06 models. Not all 06 owners experience it, but those that do will probably post about it.

Quick Reply: Got To Be Kidding Me