MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   2003-2009 Nissan 350Z (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z-2/)
-   -   Help Me Decide! 350z or s2000 (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/298009-help-me-decide-350z-or-s2000.html)

Desimale 08-30-2007 02:02 PM

If the S came in coupe it might have been a harder choice but since it didn't that left the z. Honda's are really well made though, even better than our cars.

Get_Zwole 08-30-2007 02:08 PM

yeah ive drivin my buddies numerous times he owned it for 3 years. I didnt like it. Way too small for anybody over 5'9 in my opinion. No torque whatsoever downlow so not even fun to daily drive. i just dont like them plus i think they are ugly as ****. these are just my opinions.

LouiZ 08-30-2007 02:14 PM

Look...our opinions arent gonna actually give u the final decision on which car you pick. I understand u want the pros and cons of each cars but everybody has a different opinion on what they like. I personally love the S2000 (used to own one)...and I love the 350z as well (currently own one). If I had a choice I'd go back to the s2000. Why you ask? 1. Becuz im a convertible kind of guy. 2. Becuz honda cars r jus as reliable as nissans. 3. Becuz I like the looks better (no offense to the Z). dont get me wrong...the space in the Z is really helpful and i love the extra torque. But its just my opinion. I'm sure some feel the same way and some don't but its what you like. I'm a small guy at 5'5 135 so the s2000 suits me well.

mr. sparco 08-30-2007 02:16 PM

I was in your situation before I bought the Z. S2k= kids will like it, 350z you get respect from the older crowd or envy or jealousy or hating. S2k won't get as much of that. Honda engineering, fit, material, finish etc etc is just nicer than the Z but also feels like a Civic.

I have an 07 Si as well. I feel I got more bang for the buck out of the car for 20k. My Z, I feel short changed with the cheapy materials all around and an engine that's used in every other Nissan vehicle. But in the end I still chose the Z I heart my Z... I heart my Hondas as well...

JunkStory 08-30-2007 02:18 PM

Get the s2000 for general reliability

kayfuNk 08-30-2007 02:19 PM

the Z owners telling you to get a honda said that because you shouldn't be relating the 2 cars in the same class, and if you're even thinking about this decision you dont deserve to make the right one.

Guy the Larry 08-30-2007 02:26 PM

they're both great cars.

I was in the same dilemma. to be honest, s2000 was my first choice. but after some debates with myself here and there, it didn't fit my needs.

test drive both cars and ask yourself, not us.

KG350Z 08-30-2007 02:52 PM

Welcome to the Z forum, home of the Z forum, can i take your order?

davidv 08-30-2007 03:13 PM

Rent a 350Z for the weekend. See if it meets your needs.

sofa king 08-30-2007 03:19 PM

you are the weakest link. good bye.

kleefton 08-30-2007 03:20 PM

I'm 5'11" and fit in the S2000 like a glove. It just feels tight in there, but no way in hell would I say it was uncomfortable. I had plenty of leg room and the seats were very supportive. The Z is as comfortable, though slightly roomier. But both of those cars could never been mistaken for roomy or comfortable cars. So end of this discussion.

Those cars are a great comparison but usually if you love the s2000 you will hate the Z and the other way around. Me personally I love my Z and I have a soft spot for the S2000. At WOT, ripping through gears that thing is so much fun. The S2000 is like a little b1tch with a nice ass that loves to get banged hard and doesn't care how you treat her. The Z is like a classy woman who likes to be pampered but also knows how to do it in bed, though not nearly as fun. The Z is easier to live with on a daily basis, no doubt. The S2000 is the better weekend car imo. It's the better drivers car.

My 2 cents. But both cars are great; there is a reason more people buy 350zs than S2000s though: The daily driving factor.

TimeAttkZ 08-30-2007 03:28 PM

Tubbs 08-30-2007 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by kleefton
I'm 5'11" and fit in the S2000 like a glove.

At 6'2 190 lbs... I cannot fit. I really can't. I tried! I do, however, fit a Lotus just fine.

Get_Zwole 08-30-2007 05:00 PM

im 5'10 and i thought it was very uncomfortable though im also 255 ilb bodybuilder that might have something to do with it. But ive been on numerous road trips in my z and its alot more comfortable to me. Just drive them both see which one you like better and boom pick we cant help you.

blazed54 08-30-2007 05:46 PM

Although not necessarily negative, the small cabin size of the s2k was enough to keep me from even test driving the car. The 350z's larger cabin was enough to win me over (between the 2). Although far from perfect in it's stock form, my 07 with my tommy kaira weighted shift knob and d-wolf clutch kit, it's much much more fun to drive now.

TerraNova3 08-30-2007 05:58 PM

The s2000 has a ugly center console.

M3ANMACHINE 08-30-2007 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by BADASSTT
Z-Phil, what are you taking about? A "true enthusiast" sticks with the Z and doesnt look back. Maybe if you like the honda so much then you should have gotten one. The Z is a real mans car. I see a lot of chicks driving the honda.

2. The Honda engine is not the most reliable 4cyl engines for racing. The nissan inline 6 is. I have seen and heard of hondas going turbo or NOS and by the 3rd pass melting there piston rings or throwing a rod out of the block.

3. There is one car that has a small motor that will spank any honda in the street. And that would be the RX7 Turbo. If the motor on the rx7 is built good it would never blow on high boost or if sprayed.

What he means is if you were a true "car enthusiast" you would be more open minded. Meaning look at the better qualities in other cars besides the one that you own, which YOU most likely think is the best car ever judging by your comments above. One more thing, what is the best 4 cylinder engine for "racing"? (Where exactly did racing ever come up in this thread anyways?)

roast 08-30-2007 07:38 PM

2 of my friends have s2000s. I love my Z but I love the s2000 just the same.

As far as performance, the way I describe it is, if a Z and S enter a parking lot on opposite ends and have to race to a parking space dead in the center, the S will win. Luckily, the Z will beat the S to the parking lot.

The S is a very fun car to drive. The main drawbacks to me are: Safety. The Z has better crash test ratings, and the S has no roof. You flip, you die. The second is highway performance. I spend most of my time on the highway and the Z has more top end power, although the S is no slouch up to 100mph. The Z is also more aerodynamic and has an equal or better power to weight ratio. Lack of torque is another drawback for the S. In the Z you don't have to be in the powerband to get up and go. The Z is also a LOT more roomy on the inside. Anyone who says they're even remotely comparable is smoking crack.

The Zs drawbacks are weight. It's heavy. A lot of that weight is for safety and to balance the car. It's a bigger car and the engine doesn't sit as far back. At lower speeds the S will out-handle the Z. There are also a lot of poseurs that drive Z's. The S is more geared to the true driving enthusiast in general, but that doesn't mean the S is for all true driving enthusiasts and vice versa.

Both are great cars and it's a tossup between the two. I would drive the wheels off an S2000 just the same that I do with my Z.

flintgauge 08-30-2007 07:40 PM

Did you buy your S2000 yet?

flintgauge 08-30-2007 07:40 PM

Here's the OP and his current ride...

http://www.myspacedev.com/img/funny/funny0048.jpg

Bam-0 08-30-2007 07:40 PM

kool

Sea Bass 08-30-2007 07:54 PM

Z-Phil, what are you taking about? A "true enthusiast" sticks with the Z and doesnt look back. Maybe if you like the honda so much then you should have gotten one. The Z is a real mans car. I see a lot of chicks driving the honda.

2. The Honda engine is not the most reliable 4cyl engines for racing. The nissan inline 6 is. I have seen and heard of hondas going turbo or NOS and by the 3rd pass melting there piston rings or throwing a rod out of the block.

3. There is one car that has a small motor that will spank any honda in the street. And that would be the RX7 Turbo. If the motor on the rx7 is built good it would never blow on high boost or if sprayed.

You're high.

1. By "true enthusiast", I meant someone who is open minded enough to appreciate all manner of cars, even if they aren't necessarily the one they want the most. The S2000 is a terrific car, and the engine alone is a feat of modern engineering.

2. You talk about having "heard" of Honda engines failing under racing stress. Well, that sounds pretty anecdotal, and not all that statistically significant. Guess what? I can also rhyme off various Zs that have blown up under racing, too. But that's also just anecdotal. My point: cars built for the street are designed to withstand the abuse of the street, not the track. Where's Nissan's F1 team, by the way?

Here's a tidbit for you: why are used Hondas so damned expensive, but Nissans (including this Z, which is how I could purchase it) go in the TANK when it comes to resale? Because Honda builds a more reliable product. Deal with it.

3. Comparing a boosted RX-7 to an NA motor? Apples to oranges. But since you brought it up, how long does the average FD engine last before it needs a complete tear down?

And please.. .don't give me that "real man's car" crap. I'm sorry if you feel the need to validate your "manliness" by the type of car you drive, but I don't.

In case you didn't fully read my post, I LOVE the Z > all and I am very happy with it, but I can appreciate the S2000 for what it is: a balls out autocrosser built for the steet. I'm happy to blow past it on the street with the torquey VQ, but I'll always give a thumbs up to the driver of a car that will go down as one of the best sports cars ever to come out of Japan, much like the 350Z will, too.

Originally Posted by 350ZEEEEE
What he means is if you were a true "car enthusiast" you would be more open minded. Meaning look at the better qualities in other cars besides the one that you own, which YOU most likely think is the best car ever judging by your comments above. One more thing, what is the best 4 cylinder engine for "racing"? (Where exactly did racing ever come up in this thread anyways?)

Thank you for summing up what I tried, but failed to do. :)

phenix 08-30-2007 09:38 PM

http://images.wl.earthlink.net//952/...12387e352c.jpg

Well I own both, so I may be able to offer some more insight as far as the driving experience: (BTW 06 Base Z, 07 S2K)

The Z feels 'brutish' compared to the S. It has (comparatively) massive torque. The power off the line is great where the S will sometimes get caught sleeping. You might jump out into traffic in the S and be bogged down in the low revs, just kinda waiting for something to happen. Then finally around 4k you get moving and at 5800 the car finally gets angry and agrees with your right foot that's planted on the floorboard. It's not that it's all that bad, just something to get used to.

On the other hand, in the Z when you want it to go, it will. Low rev, mid revs, high revs- it really doesn't matter much. Press on the gas and go. Need to make a pass on a 2-lane highway? 5th will do just fine, maybe 4th if you're in a hurry. That same pass in the S requires you to drop into VTEC- 3rd gear. Don't get me wrong though, once it gets going, an S is only a hair slower than the Z, but theirs a lot less commotion since it stays flat as opposed to the Z lifting it's nose in the air like a 70s muscle car. (not so severely, but that's what it feels like after driving the S). Also with the Z, you have to be fairly careful with the throttle, to much and you'll just spin the tires, especially during a turn. The S, on the other hand, you can just plant your foot down and let it do it's thing.

Basically, don't let the straight line speed be a deciding factor they are close enough. Besides if that's all you were looking for you need to look at a different car.

Ride quality is completely different between the two. Although I would consider the Z to be a fairly stiff car, switching back to it after driving the S, it feels downright 'cushy.' They are both sports cars and sacrifice comfort for handling. I like the feeling of being 'connected' to the road and in most respects the S does that better. And although the S has better steering response, the Z has better steering feel.

The brake pedal on the S has a much better feel. It has ZERO dead movement, where the Z's pedal will sink a little before it does anything. Then when it finally does something, the initial bite on the Z is brutal, but you'll quickly learn to finesse it. The S on the other hand has an extremely low initial bite, so even though there is no wasted travel on the pedal, you've really got to apply a good bit of pressure to get some decent stopping performance. I don't have numbers on them, but I would guess that the two are close as far as stopping distance. Panic braking in either one will have you seeing stars.

As far as handling, the S wins hands down. Quicker reactions, better road holding, lower torque, all benefits for handling. My 06 Z seems to be a little tail happy: if you brake hard while turning or apply moderate throttle, the tail likes to kick out. It is, though, extremely easy to recover from. Hell, I went through my first set of rear tires in only 8000 miles acting silly with tail slides. The S is a little more balanced, but once that tail gets going, your in some deep doodoo. Especially in an AP1 with the narrower wheels and no ESC.

As far as daily life in these cars... if your a big guy you might have issues with the S. I'm 5'7 176 lbs and it's fine for me. My brother in law is 5'6" 210lbs and he starts sweatin as soon as he gets in. My best friend is about 6'0" 190lbs and barely fits, folded up like an accordion. It takes a little bit of planning for bigger folks to get in or out of the S. Nobody I've met has had any issues with fitting in the Z. Oh, except my mom who can't get the seat to raise as high as she would like. On that note, let me tell you now the S has very few comfort adjustments. The steering wheel is fixed, period. Seats go forward and back with a very small amount of recline.
The Z has a gazillion pockets so store things and a decent sized trunk, on paper. The S has much fewer cubby holes and a smaller trunk, on paper. As far as those trunks go, actual utility of each is about even. You will be able to but way more than you think into either one. The S2K's trunk is fairly deep, but not very long. On the other hand the Z's trunk is very shallow, made worse by that shock tower bar, but very wide and long.

Wow, that's a lot of typing... let me know if you've got any other specific questions and good luck finding the right car for you.

PS. BTW I like the Z better overall due to the power. But the S definitely gets the heads turnin and feels much more sporty and uncompromising.

M3ANMACHINE 08-30-2007 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by flintgauge

If this is your lame ass attempt at being humorous......It isn't working.

M3ANMACHINE 08-30-2007 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by phenix
http://images.wl.earthlink.net//952/...12387e352c.jpg

Well I own both, so I may be able to offer some more insight as far as the driving experience: (BTW 06 Base Z, 07 S2K)

The Z feels 'brutish' compared to the S. It has (comparatively) massive torque. The power off the line is great where the S will sometimes get caught sleeping. You might jump out into traffic in the S and be bogged down in the low revs, just kinda waiting for something to happen. Then finally around 4k you get moving and at 5800 the car finally gets angry and agrees with your right foot that's planted on the floorboard. It's not that it's all that bad, just something to get used to.

On the other hand, in the Z when you want it to go, it will. Low rev, mid revs, high revs- it really doesn't matter much. Press on the gas and go. Need to make a pass on a 2-lane highway? 5th will do just fine, maybe 4th if you're in a hurry. That same pass in the S requires you to drop into VTEC- 3rd gear. Don't get me wrong though, once it gets going, an S is only a hair slower than the Z, but theirs a lot less commotion since it stays flat as opposed to the Z lifting it's nose in the air like a 70s muscle car. (not so severely, but that's what it feels like after driving the S). Also with the Z, you have to be fairly careful with the throttle, to much and you'll just spin the tires, especially during a turn. The S, on the other hand, you can just plant your foot down and let it do it's thing.

Basically, don't let the straight line speed be a deciding factor they are close enough. Besides if that's all you were looking for you need to look at a different car.

Ride quality is completely different between the two. Although I would consider the Z to be a fairly stiff car, switching back to it after driving the S, it feels downright 'cushy.' They are both sports cars and sacrifice comfort for handling. I like the feeling of being 'connected' to the road and in most respects the S does that better. And although the S has better steering response, the Z has better steering feel.

The brake pedal on the S has a much better feel. It has ZERO dead movement, where the Z's pedal will sink a little before it does anything. Then when it finally does something, the initial bite on the Z is brutal, but you'll quickly learn to finesse it. The S on the other hand has an extremely low initial bite, so even though there is no wasted travel on the pedal, you've really got to apply a good bit of pressure to get some decent stopping performance. I don't have numbers on them, but I would guess that the two are close as far as stopping distance. Panic braking in either one will have you seeing stars.

As far as handling, the S wins hands down. Quicker reactions, better road holding, lower torque, all benefits for handling. My 06 Z seems to be a little tail happy: if you brake hard while turning or apply moderate throttle, the tail likes to kick out. It is, though, extremely easy to recover from. Hell, I went through my first set of rear tires in only 8000 miles acting silly with tail slides. The S is a little more balanced, but once that tail gets going, your in some deep doodoo. Especially in an AP1 with the narrower wheels and no ESC.

As far as daily life in these cars... if your a big guy you might have issues with the S. I'm 5'7 176 lbs and it's fine for me. My brother in law is 5'6" 210lbs and he starts sweatin as soon as he gets in. My best friend is about 6'0" 190lbs and barely fits, folded up like an accordion. It takes a little bit of planning for bigger folks to get in or out of the S. Nobody I've met has had any issues with fitting in the Z. Oh, except my mom who can't get the seat to raise as high as she would like. On that note, let me tell you now the S has very few comfort adjustments. The steering wheel is fixed, period. Seats go forward and back with a very small amount of recline.
The Z has a gazillion pockets so store things and a decent sized trunk, on paper. The S has much fewer cubby holes and a smaller trunk, on paper. As far as those trunks go, actual utility of each is about even. You will be able to but way more than you think into either one. The S2K's trunk is fairly deep, but not very long. On the other hand the Z's trunk is very shallow, made worse by that shock tower bar, but very wide and long.

Wow, that's a lot of typing... let me know if you've got any other specific questions and good luck finding the right car for you.

PS. BTW I like the Z better overall due to the power. But the S definitely gets the heads turnin and feels much more sporty and uncompromising.

WOW! This is really making my decision a little easier. I guess it really just comes down to which one is more practical, and wether I want to be really close to a race car driver.:rolleyes: It'll be a tough decision, but hopefully i'll make the right one in the end. I'll definitely contact you if I have any more questions!:) Thanks

pcdoctor 08-31-2007 02:17 AM

I used to have a prelude and then an integra. I wanted to get a RSX but since Honda stopped making it, I retaliated and stopped buying Hondas. I really don't like the face of the 2000 and I think what Honda charges for it is too much. The Z has more horsepower anyway.

KManZ 08-31-2007 03:25 AM

phenix: excellent, unbiased post! This Z forum needs more of this kind of information (and members) !

SuperFLY 08-31-2007 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by 350ZEEEEE
I've talked to many Z owners who have told me to get the S2000. So... that's why I stated, "If you didn't own a Z, what would you choose?".

only reason i didnt get the S2 was the insurance.

here it was double what the zed cost to insure due to being rather tail happy and everyone stuffing them into lampposts.

the old style vtec would grind on me as well. i was used to the ivtec and even though its still vtec at least the i model had some torque lower down. the S2 has absolutely nothing until the changeover and for everyday driving that again would wind me up.

loved my ctr and the dealer was superb but at the end of the day sheer grunt won out.

had to get the roadster though as the S2 got me hankering for a convertable, heh

350zphien 08-31-2007 09:47 AM

good question i considered both cars until i was with my girlfriend at a stop light and i heard her say EWWWWW!!! i look over and 2 homos were kissing in a yells s2000....we bought my Z the next day...moral of the story if you want to pick up guys buy an s2000

35oZephyR 08-31-2007 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by ZlleH
Go for the S2000. We need more S2000 out there on the road and less of the 350Z.

+1,132,980

I saw fifteen Z's on the road the other day and I was nowhere NEAR a Nissan dealership. :icon14:

Now that shiet is crazy. Get an S2000 Puuuhlease!!

HighwaySpeed 08-31-2007 03:59 PM

Z

HighwaySpeed 08-31-2007 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by flintgauge

:icon18:

Jestasia 08-31-2007 04:45 PM

z..

NGZ 08-31-2007 05:10 PM

I faced the same question before I got the Z. Both are great cars. But I think the "decision-swayers" (at least for me) are: the kinds of roads you will drive on most frequently and your driving style.

If you spend most of your time in twisty roads, you might prefer the S2K. If you spend most of your time on freeways, the Z will be more comfortable.

Then, it's about your driving style. If you are a micro-managing technique-loving freak and like a responsive, screaming engine as you manage your shifts and RPMs to stay within the engine's powerband as you carve the corners, S2K is for you. The S2K sounds and feels like a monster when you unleash its engine. The tricky thing is that you constantly need to push it hard and keep it there to feel the thrill. After you've had your fun, you can ease off the throttle and transform the S2K back to its honda civic form for commuting :) Other points: the S2K is light. And it has one of the slickest shifts ever. *shik* *shik*

The Z is engineered to be a little less aggressive than the S2K, I feel. The engine is smooth, designed to feel like 'effortless power'. At 4K RPM or 6K RPM, it won't feel thaaat much different. There is no 'kick' as you punch the throttle through the RPMs. Just smooth power. While this linear power is great to some, some people find that it lacks excitement. If you like more refined power, and prefer casual finesse and using the car's momentum and rather than surging energy, you'll prefer the Z. The Z is heavy. You may not feel it right away, but take the same corners in a Z and an S2K, and you'll see. Especially on downhills.

Whoever says the S2K is slow, don't mind them. The S2K is just a more technical car to drive fast. Besides, I doubt that most drivers can drive close enough to the limits of either car to tell that one is faster than the other on a track. It's more about what suits you better :)

flintgauge 08-31-2007 05:41 PM

why is everyone taking this thread so seriously...? It's obvious the OP is engaging in internet war mongering. He could have easily searched as there are many threads concerning the matter. I say equal treatment for all newbs that post redundant question without searching! FLAME ON!

Here's the threads for you sir... six of them, and there are 491 more threads to look at concerning the S2000... plenty of easy reading for those lonely nights or long stays on the pot.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ighlight=S2000

laze1 08-31-2007 05:55 PM

The S2000 is about this closest thing you are gonna find to a race car for the street anywhere....I had one for two years and tracked it 10 times, ran the **** out of it eveyday, and never had a problem...and drove it 120 miles a day round-trip to work.

However, it ain't for everybody!

Tubbs 08-31-2007 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by laze1
The S2000 is about this closest thing you are gonna find to a race car for the street anywhere....

uhh... really?

blazed54 08-31-2007 06:03 PM

I wonder what the s2k guys say about the Z if they have this same thread. Would be good to see what they think about the Z

Nexx 08-31-2007 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by blazed54
I wonder what the s2k guys say about the Z if they have this same thread. Would be good to see what they think about the Z

too heavy is about the only thing they could say.

Z04 08-31-2007 06:08 PM

Dude your an a Z forum what do you think the answer is going to be?

true, but maybe he will get a S2000 and not bother to come back

Escobar 08-31-2007 06:09 PM

get the Z, you wont regret it

flintgauge 08-31-2007 06:23 PM

here get this... that way you don't have to decide between the Z and the S2000

http://bjstone.blogpeoria.com/files/...yota_yaris.jpg

Z04 08-31-2007 06:26 PM

The S2000 is about this closest thing you are gonna find to a race car for the street anywhere...

:icon18: :icon18: :icon18: :icon18: :icon18: :icon18: :icon18: :icon18:

kyoeyes 09-01-2007 09:13 PM

You would feel like its a race car only if you have the roads/track to take advantage of ripping it up to 9krpm and running it hard, take it to the street and yea its a commuter.

I think there was one guy in this thread who made an unbias comment which I respect. I was in this situation as a lot of people have been. Nothing wrong with a honda, nothing wrong with a nissan.

350z looks sexy, has more torque, is heavier, no roof of anykind, but overall a great car

s2000 looks sexy, has no torque, high revs, lighter, convert but a lot of people don't like the convert look, overall a great car

I have driven countless vehicles of both and concluded that for ME not everyone the s2000 is what I like. Every car can represent what people like and I respect all, whoever says Nissan sucks or Honda sucks are just immature and dicks to begin with.

I love the open top, especially around ladies, the 350z hides you while since I'm not bad looking guy I get looks from the girls. I love the air and "kick" that I get from the high revs. I make about 350whp (gt35r turbo) so I have "torque" lol. Basically I don't need much trunk space and the only thing missing was torque so problem solved. Find out what you want in the car and then choose. Both are great cars, love for both, although many 350z owners and s2k owners think their cars are faster than each other. When Z owners rev me and want to play, they end up with their jaw dropping. I'll lose to a tt Z in a straightaway for sure unless he sucks as driving but have yet to encounter one.

Ruthless18x 09-01-2007 11:52 PM

The S2000 is about this closest thing you are gonna find to a race car for the street anywhere....I had one for two years and tracked it 10 times, ran the **** out of it eveyday, and never had a problem...and drove it 120 miles a day round-trip to work.

However, it ain't for everybody!

:icon18: :icon18: You gotta be kidding.

Key Of Z 09-02-2007 02:30 AM

I had my '03 s2k for four years before I got the Z in July. It's a great car but it's not for everyone. It takes a lot of skill to drive it right. It's very demanding. I'm 6'3" and it was tight! :icon38: Thhe OP asked an honest question and there were a lot of well thought responses. And there's a bunch of typical car forum a$$hat "mine's bigger" posts as well. I loved the Honda. For me, it was just time for a change. I'm enjoying the hell out of the Z Another great car. If it's a daily driver, I'd say get the Z without question. Fun, powerful, comfortable and looks great. The S is absoultely more of a track car. They're so different. I'm lucky to have been able to have had both. If I had the money and the room, I would have kept the S and gotten the Z. I'm very happy with my decision though. Good luck with yours.

Nismospeed4life 09-02-2007 07:48 AM

Here, decided for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxw1I...elated&search=

I've driven both and I like the Z better. However, dont get an oil burning 06. go for the 07.

kihun 09-02-2007 09:16 AM

Previously when I bought my Z, I had a delima of buying either Z or s2k. S2k can get real pretty with just a bigger rims, suspension and a hardtop. but considering that I only have one car and I commute 120 miles a day, I decided to go for Z.. Z is a hell of a car, lot of torque and attention from chicks. S2k will feel like a go-cart but loses the end easily.

pros about s2k

feel like go cart.. great handling
it's honda.. reliable comes first =)
chicks dig it..
it quite simple and feel like a race car..

cons about s2k

small as hell..
lack of fukin torque..
interior is nothing but a cd player.. can't get navi system..
you will hear wind noise through the soft top..

I love my z.. and I'm thankful that I got a Z instead of s2k.. i would prefer to get s2k if you had another vehicle to drive.. but for me, it was my only and only car to drive..

zand02max 09-02-2007 09:16 AM

S-2000

capnstabn 09-02-2007 11:44 AM

I have a 2007 Z and my dad drives a 2007 s2k. S2k does lack torque however the high redline makes it alot of fun to drive. In turns it feels like you are wearing spike cleats and you feel the road MUCH more than a Z. The two are serious competitors in performance. If you are purchasing the car for a daily driver, a bit of time on the track, casual 40mph rolls against random folk on the way home from work...go Z. If you need a convertible for weekend cruises, weekends at the track/meets, some casual boxster ownage...the s2k would be a great car. But there is one question you need to ask yourself before purchasing the car. Do you want to be mixed up for a porche or a miata when you are putting a drunk 22 year old in the passenger seat =p.