Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

How's the rear visibility Coupe Vs Roadster?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 09:12 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Couldn't have said it better than shad
Old 10-08-2007, 09:15 PM
Shadrackc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By the way, anyone know what the purpose of the gap beneath the doors serves? I like the look, but don't know why they flange the bottom of the door in and not just keep it flush. Hmmmm.
Attached Thumbnails How's the rear visibility Coupe Vs Roadster?-gap-under-door.jpg  
Old 10-08-2007, 09:38 PM
wanta2008

Yup it sure does rain alot here in Richmond, maybe 2-3 days of snow tops so I think I can dodge the winter tire bullet .... but boy do we see alot of rain .... and ur right .... I really have fallen for the lines of the Coupe vs the Roadster. How much did your coupe cost? All the dealerships I've seen have lots of Roadsters and some used coupes and roadsters, but no new 07 coupes, guess they don't stick around long in the dealership lots!

Originally Posted by Shadrackc
Same on the thanksgiving. Put it this way, this car doesn't disappoint. If you like the look, and you like the way it feels, then buy it. The performance won't let you down unless you are moving from a lambo/ferrari/z06, etc. Can't truly tell you how "stock" feels, as mine came new with modifications done by an enthusiast dealership in Hamilton. Little lower, sway bars, etc, so it handles like no other car I have driven. Have driven a Z3 supercharged, uncomfortable, but very tight. This car also feels very tight. Lane changes are as simple as thinking about it, response is immediate. Power is there to kick the back end out if you want, but you can control your line with throttle as well as steering. An absolutely fun car to drive, and feels good driving. It gets looks, and maybe there could be a lot more glass to look through in the back, that would change the look though which I wouldn't like, but use your side mirrors smartly and you won't have problems. I also park so I can drive straight out, but I did that in my 2003 Aztek as well so no change there.
I like the coupe vs the roadster because of look. I find that the roof defines the curves of this car and distinguishes it. Just my opinion, but look at both and see which you admire the lines of more. It rains a lot in richmond doesn't it?
Old 10-09-2007, 07:39 AM
Shadrackc

Well that is a funny story in itself. When I got mine, it was one of a couple in canada that had the specs I wanted. I wanted it loaded with everything BUT the nav unit. I paid 1500 more for the extra's I got in the car, so pre tax I got mine for 54,000. Sucks that it is cheaper in the states, our dollar being stronger than their right now. I see lots of roadsters here too, but even in GT form they don't have the same wheels as mine. Get the dealer to search Canada for you. My dealer emailed me a list of all the cars available in the country.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:44 AM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Top Up? A ZR in Canada is crying right now.
You get use to the lack of visibility with the top up fairly quickly. Although, that may be complete BS because I think I have 5 or so hours of Top Up driving in my ZR since March
Old 10-09-2007, 09:01 AM
ez350z

get a pioneer radio with a rear camera
Old 10-09-2007, 09:07 AM
thrill350z

I was real nervous when I started driving it bc i wasn't use to a small rear windshield but you get use to it.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:10 AM
03BrickyardZ

Originally Posted by wanta2008
Hi Guys,

Had the chance to play with a rental 07 Roadster earlier last month in California, had a blast and love the car, but I've decided the Roadster isnt' for me for a couple of reasons ....

- I found with the top up the visibility was really poor, even with shoulder checking I had to be really really careful

- I'm from a part of Canada where it rains alot so I'm not sure I'm gonna truly get to appreciate the convertible top

My question is ..... I still want a 350Z, but how is the visibility in the rear and out the sides on the coupe? Please tell me it's alot better than the Roadster!

Thanks in advance for your input!
Visiblity in the coupe is horrible...
Old 10-09-2007, 09:33 AM
dmroberson

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have any problems in my coupe. Visibility out my back windshield is fine, I guess, no real complaints... Besides, that's what my backup camera is for...
Old 10-09-2007, 09:34 AM
RedBullRR

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Sucks plain and simple. Dont need to see whats behind me
Old 10-09-2007, 10:12 AM
Shadrackc

No problems with rear view, and don't backup camera's activate in reverse? Some people may have issue with the blind spots, but use your mirror properly.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:51 AM
Riyazsf

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just get a broadview mirror and you'll be fine with the coupe
Old 10-09-2007, 12:10 PM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

It takes a little getting used to. Just have your mirrors adjusted correctly (see owner's manual) and you will be fine. Good luck on your pursuit of the Z.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:20 AM
jonahlw

G's gone a mean blindspot... left shoulder..even if you look back sometimes a car in the perfect place is invisibile with or without mirror
Old 10-10-2007, 06:28 AM
wanta2008

Originally Posted by Shadrackc
Well that is a funny story in itself. When I got mine, it was one of a couple in canada that had the specs I wanted. I wanted it loaded with everything BUT the nav unit. I paid 1500 more for the extra's I got in the car, so pre tax I got mine for 54,000. Sucks that it is cheaper in the states, our dollar being stronger than their right now. I see lots of roadsters here too, but even in GT form they don't have the same wheels as mine. Get the dealer to search Canada for you. My dealer emailed me a list of all the cars available in the country.

Great idea, thanks for the information .... yeah if it wasn't for Nissan voiding the warranty I'd drive to the US and pick up a 07 right now for the price our American friends get for this car ..... booooo for being a Canadian car buyer.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:30 AM
wanta2008

Originally Posted by istan
Top Up? A ZR in Canada is crying right now.
You get use to the lack of visibility with the top up fairly quickly. Although, that may be complete BS because I think I have 5 or so hours of Top Up driving in my ZR since March

hehehe ur right, but to prove my point it's been raining for the past 3 days lol!
Old 10-10-2007, 02:50 PM
redmike_02

Originally Posted by blazed54
really?? this is a tiny Z and not a escalade.... if you're having trouble seeing the car on your left and right's maybe you need to adjust your side mirrors?
I said the left, and I said you just need to make sure nobody is there. As in check your mirror.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:11 PM
track1z

??
Old 12-03-2007, 09:17 AM
jimmy B
Banned

that's one of the prices you pay when you buy a coupe~
poor visibility kind of goes hand in hand with style. Either that or they would design the back window like a cadillac escalade rear window.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:26 PM
Overlord#1

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by oddjobbb
i have driven both and the coupe is not much better than the roadster. and who drives with the top up anyway
+1. My top is almost always down, if it is not good top down weather then the car stays in the garage. And with the top down the view is great

Quick Reply: How's the rear visibility Coupe Vs Roadster?