Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Totaled the Z...

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 10:20 PM
xtremefairladyz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn that sucks man. I hope you can catch that truck driver.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:58 AM
Velocity350Z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sucks that happened to your Z, be glad that you are OK.
Old 04-18-2008, 03:58 PM
iheartmyz

Originally Posted by lonewolf
sorry man that's not 45 mph. but good story regardless
hate to burst your bubble but the cops measured the marks, the length i spun and where i stopped and some other garbage and told me that it came out to between 44-49mph...and i got no speeding ticket or ticket for "driving at unsafe speeds for driving conditions"
Old 04-18-2008, 04:50 PM
jray8

sorry to hear about you and the Z but the way that looks, the Z would have been safe enough for a head on collision at that speed, truck or not(as long as its not a semi), hopefully things workout
Old 04-18-2008, 05:21 PM
skochur

pmed you....
Old 04-18-2008, 05:22 PM
brad568

I completely believe you. I had someone do the very same thing to me the other night on my way home from a late night at work. The truck was coming straight for me and I was on a bridge so there was no exit route. I ended up having to gun it to get off the bridge just before the truck got me. Thank God for the ability to accelerate. The driver had to be either drunk or crazy. I called 911, but don't know if they actually found the person. The only thing I had was a vehicle description. Like you, I was pretty shaken up by the whole thing. It's hard to think about identifying the offender when your trying to save your hide ;o)

Glad you're ok and hope you get out of this what your car is worth. btw, I would ask them to pay you what the guy was going to give you for the car. I'd say that's market value if there ever was one...
Old 04-18-2008, 05:50 PM
Willowns

Soo uhh whats up with your transmission man? I need a new 1. btw happy you are okay, sucks to see that happen to a Z
Old 04-18-2008, 05:56 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow dude, wow. i'm really glad you walked away from this.
i'm also kinda glad that tree was in the way and you didn't go barreling into that house.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:03 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow this looks rough... Good to see you're fine. Like Naeiri said, at least you didn't plow into that house.

As for people who insist on coming in here and insist on smacking down his story... gtfo and mind your own business.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:30 PM
iheartmyz

Originally Posted by Willowns
Soo uhh whats up with your transmission man? I need a new 1. btw happy you are okay, sucks to see that happen to a Z
funny you should mention that...looks like my engine and trans will be seeing a new home in a 240sx...oil pan is cracked and alternator and oil filter were ripped off but should be fixable...hopefully...
Old 04-24-2008, 10:34 AM
TBDesigns
Banned

iheartmyz - you have a pm.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:54 AM
sir captian

The driver of that truck was probably drunk that why he or she hauled ***.I noticed that the passenger compartment looked untouched. Those crumple zones work,glad you are okay.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:30 PM
jprada26

seems like if you wouldn't of hit that tree you would of gone through the fence and hit the house!!!!!!!
Old 04-25-2008, 09:55 AM
Mr. Black

Glad your ok, Dude. Whats the likely hood you will see the guy in the truck again. I'm sure he lives near the scene. If ya do get his plates.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:38 AM
Sonicspeed

Hope you catch that ****ing truck jackass.... ugh I dispise and lothe hit and run asshats
Old 04-25-2008, 10:42 AM
iheartmyz

Originally Posted by Sonicspeed
Hope you catch that ****ing truck jackass.... ugh I dispise and lothe hit and run asshats
yea i put flowers and crosses up by the tree i hit...knowing the guy would drive past there again because it is a country back road...

i didn't expect him to stay honestly...like if he was drunk, and i died, he'd be FCUKED!!! but i guess i would expect a "hey are you ok? yes? ok bye"
Old 04-25-2008, 10:58 AM
Z MANIA
psychedelic one

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

YIKES!!!! That is quite a hit you took. I'll bet that you are pretty sore after that. I'm glad that you are okay.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:40 AM
forced_04

the house is so lucky those trees were there. those things were like house gaurds. imagine if they werent there, you would have had juice stains on your seats from plowing into the kitchen.

Same **** happen to me in slow motion . I was going like ten miles an hour down my friends street at like two and his neighbor comes on the street and slowly goes toward my car I was literaly waiting for him to realize what he is doing and then he doesnt so I slowly pull into the dirt instead of having the slowest head on collision ever recorded and getting him a DUI. I pull around afterwards to make sure he pulls in his driveway, and the douche ended up falling asleep with the car door open in his driveway after he rear ended his other car(found that part out a couple of days later)

I swear like 60% of people driving trucks after 9pm are intoxicated
Old 04-25-2008, 01:26 PM
iheartmyz

Originally Posted by forced_04
the house is so lucky those trees were there. those things were like house gaurds. imagine if they werent there, you would have had juice stains on your seats from plowing into the kitchen.

Same **** happen to me in slow motion . I was going like ten miles an hour down my friends street at like two and his neighbor comes on the street and slowly goes toward my car I was literaly waiting for him to realize what he is doing and then he doesnt so I slowly pull into the dirt instead of having the slowest head on collision ever recorded and getting him a DUI. I pull around afterwards to make sure he pulls in his driveway, and the douche ended up falling asleep with the car door open in his driveway after he rear ended his other car(found that part out a couple of days later)

I swear like 60% of people driving trucks after 9pm are intoxicated
ha wow...i woulda went to a car wash...got the deluxe hand wash for $30 and gave him the reciept...

Last edited by iheartmyz; 04-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:21 PM
iheartmyz

but i JUST heard from the insurance company 5 minutes ago and they said $11,600 is what they "want" to give me....because compairable cars in the area go for that price...i told them to give me the list of those compairable cars and i'll pick one out, then they should right that guy the check (knowing that there is no way you can get a z for $11,000) and they said they don't buy/sell cars...SO i told them i'm not taking a penny under 15,000 and now i gotta do some homework...if anyone reading this could post up any adds for 03-04 track ed. z's or any edition really...with higher millage just post em in here so i can print out like +40 adds and be like...NO WHERE can you find a z for that price let alone in "my area" or what ever that means...do i need to consult a lawyer??

Quick Reply: Totaled the Z...