Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

need sum help deciding

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2003, 05:40 PM
d0nk0m0nk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need sum help deciding

a year and a half ago, my parents bought me an 02 celica gt-s... i was really happy about it too, except for the fact it was an automatic. just yesterday, my parents bought my younger brother a brand new s2000, and they realized how happy he was to have a stick shift car. so they offered to sell mine and buy a new stick shift car for me at the end of this year. they told me i should start looking into what kind of car i would want and i need some help deciding.. looking at the 350z, sti, or rx8.. any info on any other cars and why i should choose one over the other?
Old 07-06-2003, 05:44 PM
Stone Z

Lightbulb

You're pretty much gonna get a biased opinion here, along with any other board you visit pertaining to that particular car. Do your homework. You'll definitely learn A LOT about the Z here, that's for sure. Get what you like, afterall, it's you who has to be happy.

I will tell you one thing.....if I had to do it all over again, I'd still be here.
Old 07-06-2003, 06:11 PM
mziggy16

I chose a 'Z' over the STi, no regrets.
Old 07-06-2003, 06:39 PM
d0nk0m0nk

if i were to get a z, which trim would you reccomend? what are the advantages of getting one over the other?
Old 07-06-2003, 06:49 PM
Stone Z

That all depends on what your budget is, and what you plan to do with the car?

A LOT of people get the Enthusiast or Touring models. I wanted the 18 inch rims and tire pressure monitors, but didn't want the leather seats or the crappy BOSE system that the Touring came with, so I got the Performance model.

Or you can go ***** out and get the Track model with the lightweight RAYS forged rims and Brembo brakes....but if you plan to do aftermarket rims and brakes on your own, you're better off going with the Enthusiast model.

Just a few things to think about....I'm sure someone else can give you some more tips.
Old 07-06-2003, 06:58 PM
350zroadster

I take it you're in HS or fresh in college. Either way, you might prefer having a car that can seat more than two people. If that doesn't bother you, then go for the 350z
Old 07-06-2003, 07:10 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally, I think your parents may want to invest in english classes or, at least, a dictionary first. It is "some" not "sum".
Old 07-06-2003, 07:20 PM
Smooth350

Rats Z if you don't have something nice to say just keep your mouth shut. He wanted the opinion of fellow board members about what car to purchase, not a damn remark about his spelling.
Old 07-06-2003, 07:22 PM
Z Girl 888

WOW.
You should really look into the history and the meaning behind the Z vehicle. I mean, I think the Z is for those with the passion for the vehicle (for the most part), and it seems to me....you are simply looking for a car to drive - correct me if I'm wrong.
Are you seriously going to have your parents buy one for you AGAIN? Maybe YOU should look into purchasing a vehicle for YOURSELF this time around...?

As to your question, the Z is a great choice (obviously, this is why I bought one), but I also feel you should truly have the knowledge and the insight into buying such a vehicle.

Good luck.
Old 07-06-2003, 07:25 PM
orhanz33

doesn't it rain a lot in hawaii? I would love to rip through hawaii in a sti while it's raining...
Old 07-06-2003, 08:16 PM
350zroadster

Originally posted by d0nk0m0nk
if i were to get a z, which trim would you reccomend? what are the advantages of getting one over the other?
track has performance parts

touring has comfort items

performance is the lowest model you should consider. As base or Enth lacks certain safety feature.
Old 07-06-2003, 08:42 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Geez, smooth, are you related to this kid or just equally inadequate with English?
Old 07-06-2003, 08:59 PM
Smooth350

No, I'm not related. I don't think you need to be making rude a$$ comments like that. Do you ever chat online? Well sometimes after a while of chatting you start mispell words on purpose or abbreviate things, maybe thats his case. Is that all you have to say? Now your saying I'm equally inadequate in grammar. Shut up and move on. I'm just saying it was rude of you to make a comment like that while others are giving him advice. He asked which car he should get, not how to spell damn words.
Old 07-06-2003, 11:05 PM
350zroadster

Originally posted by The Rat's Z
It is "some" not "sum".
awww, that's so cute. Rat is sharing what he learned in school today.
Old 07-06-2003, 11:12 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by 350zroadster
awww, that's so cute. Rat is sharing what he learned in school today.
thats a pretty ignorant statement if you had any clue who he was.

anyway, enthusiast has its perks as a very low priced model with some great creature comforts but a clean slate to modify.

as for the top 3, those are depending on your intent, touring has luxury of course. track is performance out of the box, but if someone with aftermarket rims and brakes comes out, while he might have spent more over all, he will have the faster car, the parts on the track are much better than stock, but not quite aftermarket quality. amatuer racer, track will do you just fine, competitive racing, it might not do it for you.

performance gets you the TPM and VDC, but if your changing rims, the 18"s are worthless(except that you can get a little more when you sell).
Old 07-06-2003, 11:54 PM
sketcher

Default goddamn...

that has got to be a tough choice...
let your parents buy you a Z, sti, or an rx8

wow, i would hate to be in your shoes...

... im just wondering, have you even started working yet?
Old 07-07-2003, 12:54 AM
honoluluZ

Originally posted by durobred
doesn't it rain a lot in hawaii? I would love to rip through hawaii in a sti while it's raining...

Ya, it rains pretty often. Mostly short drizzle spells. Takes a lot of maintenance to keep your car looking clean. But the roads are well worth it to drive.
Old 07-07-2003, 01:06 AM
samw1978

Originally posted by The Rat's Z
Personally, I think your parents may want to invest in english classes or, at least, a dictionary first. It is "some" not "sum".
Will you correct people stuff like... you should've used "you" instead of "ya", "ever" instead of "eva".... etc etc etc...
comon!Everyone knows what he meant by 'sum'!
Old 07-07-2003, 02:26 AM
Phatmitzu

Originally posted by Smooth350
No, I'm not related. I don't think you need to be making rude a$$ comments like that. Do you ever chat online? Well sometimes after a while of chatting you start mispell words on purpose or abbreviate things, maybe thats his case. Is that all you have to say? Now your saying I'm equally inadequate in grammar. Shut up and move on. I'm just saying it was rude of you to make a comment like that while others are giving him advice. He asked which car he should get, not how to spell damn words.
Yup me agree....oh, I meant.. Yes, I agree.
Old 07-08-2003, 01:34 AM
mgl

you should consider the average # of passengers that you typically have.
all three cars that you are considering are all very nice. and i'm sure that you'll be happy with any one of them.
consider the type of engine and the servicing and maintence of each, the rotary (rx8) is supposed to last very long, but may require a mechanic with indepth knowledge. the sti is turbo charged and some say that they are not as reliable as a na car. good luck and post your decision.

Quick Reply: need sum help deciding