DaytonaRoadster
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

at least you got the first one out of the way
Old 04-28-2008, 09:28 PM
MadeIn350z

Originally Posted by 03Zilverstone
If the crease is bad at all they'll have to replace the hood. As soon as you go to dollying out an aluminum hood it will crack on you. If I were you I'd settle. If the adjuster knows anything he'll quote for a new hood + paint, painting the bumper cover, and blending on the fenders. If he tries to say the hoods repairable tell him it's aluminum and will crack, therefore you'd need a new one and the front painted/blended. When they cut the check have the front bumper cover painted, buy a carbon fiber hood and install it yourself. Then you'll have a nice hood and some extra money in your wallet.
Great info ... thank you. there wont be an adjuster... the family doesnt want to involve the insurance company... they opted to just pay for the repairs in cash ... they agreed to have the work done at a shop of my choice and they will cover all expenses. The dmg is very minor so they dont want the premiums to go up.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:30 PM
MadeIn350z

Originally Posted by usmanasif
OP, you were made in a 350Z?
lol.. indeed... when I stepped into one and grabbed the wheel...I was made.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:33 PM
03Zilverstone

Originally Posted by MadeIn350z
Great info ... thank you. there wont be an adjuster... the family doesnt want to involve the insurance company... they opted to just pay for the repairs in cash ... they agreed to have the work done at a shop of my choice and they will cover all expenses. The dmg is very minor so they dont want the premiums to go up.
I don't know how stuff works there up north. Did you get an accident report? Just in case. I've heard of people doing that and the other party didn't follow through with the payment. A report would just be assurance in case that happened you could still file a claim. Can you get me a good pic of the damage? I do bodywork, so I might be able to help you get an idea on it.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:00 PM
MadeIn350z

I don't know how stuff works there up north. Did you get an accident report? Just in case. I've heard of people doing that and the other party didn't follow through with the payment. A report would just be assurance in case that happened you could still file a claim. Can you get me a good pic of the damage? I do bodywork, so I might be able to help you get an idea on it.
yep I got an official police report of course. Up here most shops wont work on your car unless you get one if the damage is estimated to be over 1000$.

Sure ill toss in a couple pics. Sorry pic quality kinda blows cuz of the file size restriction. Anyway ... most of the white **** on the bumper is dirt ... after I whiped it off you can only really see the small paint chip a few inches to the right of the Nissan sign.
Attached Thumbnails WTF ... im a sad panda...-damage1.jpg   WTF ... im a sad panda...-damage2.jpg   WTF ... im a sad panda...-damage3.jpg  
Old 05-01-2008, 10:29 AM
MadeIn350z

So today my Z went to the Shop for repair :***(
im so depressed...
Old 05-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Neb

Originally Posted by bluefairladyz33
nnnoooooo not a daytona blue one....

tear...

no worries

a freak accident happened to me as well...

strong winds + shopping cart = ouch on door...

1st month having the car
lol I purposely took a shopping cart that I was suspicious of hitting my car and mounted it up on the curb just so that wouldnt happen

sorry to hear though man. I know I would be quite upset if some one hit my Z too...
Old 05-02-2008, 06:13 AM
sae350

How did you detemine she viet...is it her eyes or the yella of her skin? Maybe it says on her bumper " Im viet".
Old 05-02-2008, 10:55 AM
MadeIn350z

her name and the language she was speaking to her daughter kinda gave it away....
Old 05-02-2008, 11:06 AM
03Zilverstone

Sorry. I didn't see that you had replied until now. That hood's fixable. Just work and paint the cover and blend on the hood.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:25 AM
gmueip
Hi Kids!

Is it some kind of Z curse? I see a lot of people having little bothersome scratches and minor accidents of this sort ... usually soon after they get the car.
Must be. Got a door ding the third day I had the car!
Old 05-02-2008, 11:36 AM
MadeIn350z

Sorry. I didn't see that you had replied until now. That hood's fixable. Just work and paint the cover and blend on the hood.
awesome... thanks for the info!
Old 05-02-2008, 11:56 PM
MadeIn350z

so looks like they will be replacing the hood ... after they did a 24 hour inspection of the car (I know... BS lol) they discovered the hinges or some **** were also damaged from being pushed back by the impact...

DB paint apperantly costs a buttload as well...
Old 05-03-2008, 12:04 AM
MadeIn350z

Originally Posted by Neb
lol I purposely took a shopping cart that I was suspicious of hitting my car and mounted it up on the curb just so that wouldnt happen

sorry to hear though man. I know I would be quite upset if some one hit my Z too...
Im not so much upset anymore as depressed. Its very depressing seeing other Z's drive by in their full sexy glory while im taking a cab or driving the POS rental.

I hope the mechanics love the car enough to not get my interior dirty. If they get stains on my leather seats ill be ultra pissed. Damnit... just the thought of knowing my Z is sitting in a shop ... probably stripped of the damaged parts ... argh.
Old 05-03-2008, 03:51 AM
L. Baggins

Damn that sucks! On my favorite Z color also, .
Old 05-03-2008, 04:21 AM
Dr. Venture

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

that sux for you man. BUT i just dont get how people keep getting hit while in their cars???

Do you not have a HORN and a VOICE to start BEEPING and YELLING so the person does not hit you????

O and you should of just said ASIAN!
Old 05-03-2008, 04:54 AM
CSF

Originally Posted by Dr. Venture
that sux for you man. BUT i just dont get how people keep getting hit while in their cars???

Do you not have a HORN and a VOICE to start BEEPING and YELLING so the person does not hit you????

O and you should of just said ASIAN!
blaming him for the accident? what about the driver who doesn't check behind?
Old 05-03-2008, 06:21 AM
Dr. Venture

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CSF
blaming him for the accident? what about the driver who doesn't check behind?
well im not blaming him persay, but if your in the car and you watching the lady back up and you see she's getting closer and closer would you sit their and keep watching? or would you intervene and blow a horn so she can at least see you??

the fact that he said he couldn't avoid her with out hitting another car makes me think HMMMMM let me BLOW THE HORN!!!!
Old 05-03-2008, 08:22 AM
MadeIn350z

if you read my other message you would have seen I was honking... let me quote it for you so you dont have to strain your eyes looking for it...
I love it how people talk **** before actually looking all the info over.

The worst part is... I saw her coming and there was NOTHING I could do short of getting out of my car and have her break my legs instead....I was honking for like 3 seconds and she didnt bother to check her mirrors to see why the poor Z behind her stupid SUV was making noise!

Either people are that increadibly bad at driving ... that increadibly stupid... or its the curse!

Last edited by MadeIn350z; 05-03-2008 at 08:24 AM.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:04 AM
03Zilverstone

so looks like they will be replacing the hood ... after they did a 24 hour inspection of the car (I know... BS lol) they discovered the hinges or some **** were also damaged from being pushed back by the impact...

DB paint apperantly costs a buttload as well...

Sounds like they're trying to screw over the person that hit you. They know that it's not an insurance job, so they won't have to worry about an adjuster saying otherwise. I'm about 98% sure that there is nothing wrong with that hood or the hinges. If the hinges were bent the hood would be bowed up. And in the instance that it didn't they could just replace the hinges. The price difference is going to be $1200-1500 difference in most cases.

Quick Reply: WTF ... im a sad panda...