Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Z at the dealer,no joke!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2002, 12:23 AM
bayarea-sunset

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z at the dealer,no joke!

Just got back from north bay nissan,they received two z's today one black and one silverstone both touring 6 speeds.They are both being picked up tommorow.It was utter torture looking at them and not being able to sit inside .For those of you saying wheres the pics,sorry I dont own a digital camera.Anyways two lucky people are getting there z's tommorow and its not me
p.s. pictures do it no justice!!!
Old 08-17-2002, 02:08 AM
bayarea-sunset

wow,179 views and no replys is this some kind of record?
Old 08-17-2002, 02:13 AM
jrreed350togo

I think everyone is in shock. My brain is losing oxygen. Some haven't sold there old car, financed yet etc... Not much time to talk got stuff to do. Clean the garage.... paint is silver... I gotta go.
Old 08-17-2002, 02:29 AM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

Hey bayarea-sunset,

Did you order from North Bay or Freeman in Santa Rosa? I just called Freeman to check on mine and the Sales Mgr. who is the only one that handles the Z orders is off today. Nobody else knows anything. Damn, I've got to wait until tomorrow now.
Old 08-17-2002, 03:38 AM
bayarea-sunset

windsor I ordered from north bay nissan in petaluma.
Old 08-17-2002, 04:16 AM
Slexis200

Default ok ok

ok, breath.......... As long as i know west coast people are getting them now, us east coasters are sure to get them with in 2 weeks from now..... OH BABBY Z day is near!

p.s. Does anyone know if we can buy the sport pedals from the dealer? ( i got a base model)
Old 08-17-2002, 05:04 AM
infinit

Thumbs up Z33 at San Leandro Nissan NOW.

...so it looks like the early pre-orders are rolling in. There's a Chrome Silver Base at San Leandro right now....and yes, it's accounted for... so if you wish, you can try to get a peek... The thing is, they put it on display, wish kinda brings the issue of dealers putting pre-orders cars on display once they come in. I dunno...personally, I'd feel unpleased about my dealer putting a car I ordered on display, with walk-ins being able to come in and slobber on the car and greasing it up after a fat dinner from KFC or something. But I digress...

It was actually the first time I've actually got to sit in one after being teased having them at my car club's show and Blackhawk and not being able to hear it fire up. First off, the car is pretty amazing...fresh new paint and beautiful lines strike you first off. It almost made me not wanna touch it or sit in it, especially if it's already someone's car. The seats felt soooo good. They are pretty snug. Pretty much all has been said and shown regarding the Z but couple more tidbits... Anyone know about the latch thing behind the passenger's seat? And also, another COOL thing...when you a door, the window slides down a lil' bit...then when you close the door, the windor slides back up for a tight fit. Pretty friggin' cool.

Dennis
Club Z
http://www.ClubZ.org
Show/Drag Coo-ordinator
Old 08-17-2002, 08:02 AM
marcZZZ
not a regular pain in the ass

Default Re: Z33 at San Leandro Nissan NOW.

Originally posted by infinit
...so it looks like the early pre-orders are rolling in. There's a Chrome Silver Base at San Leandro right now....and yes, it's accounted for... so if you wish, you can try to get a peek... The thing is, they put it on display, wish kinda brings the issue of dealers putting pre-orders cars on display once they come in. I dunno...personally, I'd feel unpleased about my dealer putting a car I ordered on display, with walk-ins being able to come in and slobber on the car and greasing it up after a fat dinner from KFC or something. But I digress...

It was actually the first time I've actually got to sit in one after being teased having them at my car club's show and Blackhawk and not being able to hear it fire up. First off, the car is pretty amazing...fresh new paint and beautiful lines strike you first off. It almost made me not wanna touch it or sit in it, especially if it's already someone's car. The seats felt soooo good. They are pretty snug. Pretty much all has been said and shown regarding the Z but couple more tidbits... Anyone know about the latch thing behind the passenger's seat? And also, another COOL thing...when you a door, the window slides down a lil' bit...then when you close the door, the windor slides back up for a tight fit. Pretty friggin' cool.

Dennis
Club Z
http://www.ClubZ.org
Show/Drag Coo-ordinator
Someone owns that car, it is not a DEMO! would you like someone sitting in your car? What if they have a LARGE lard A$$...they could break the stitching on the leather seats...I would be sooooooooooooooo pissed. It just isn't right. IMO
Old 08-17-2002, 08:06 AM
SinGin
Charter Member #97

Default Re: Z33 at San Leandro Nissan NOW.

Originally posted by infinit
LOL. Actually that just might happen. I saw them do it at Universal City Nissan too. I was almost pissed for the soon-to-be owner. I saw some guy press his face close up to the glass to get a closer look at the dash since he was told he wasn't allowed to sit in it.
Anyone know about the latch thing behind the passenger's seat? And also, another COOL thing...when you a door, the window slides down a lil' bit...then when you close the door, the windor slides back up for a tight fit. Pretty friggin' cool.
There's a video somewhere on this forum that specifically shows both those features. I think it was the BrianZ video that shows the window. Don't remember which one showed the passenger seat latch.
Old 08-17-2002, 10:06 PM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

Hey bayarea-sunset:

I just stopped at North Bay this morning to check out the Z's. They're right out in front with "NO TOUCH" signs all over. The Silverstone is an automatic Touring with Burnt Orange leather. The black is a Performance.

Sure do appreciate the post as I finally got to see what Silverstone looks like. It's nice and overcast so the color looked more dramatic, very deep grey. Glad I got it rather then the Chrome Silver.

Bad news is I got a call from Freeman last night and mine's been pushed into Oct. I saw the report and it seems that quite a few delivery dates got switched around compared to the report 4 weeks ago.
Old 08-18-2002, 03:00 AM
baseg35

I also went by North Bay this morning to look at the new Z's, the silverstone is a beautiful color, but I think I would prefer the chrome silver because in would better define the body shape. One thing I noticed that I really liked was the texure on the dash, interior is just beautiful. I was surprised that they were not getting any demos for the dealership, I know there are a lot of pre-orders, but why don't the dealers pre-order one to keep on display and use as a platform for future orders?
Old 08-18-2002, 06:32 AM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

baseg35

NNA thought it would be best to get the cars into customers hands first. The only other way a dealer could get a demo model early along with the pre-orders would be to falsify an order. I know the owner of North Bay ordered a Track model for himself and if he were generous enough he would use it as a demo car....NOT!!

Chances are that any dealer that falsified an order anticipates selling right away with a huge markup. Just like they will/are with the cancelled pre-orders.
Old 08-18-2002, 06:37 AM
ToddLuc

I have heard the Z is a vehicle that will not be in dealer showrooms for the foreseeable future. The Z is supposed to be an order-only vehicle.

So I have heard...
Old 08-18-2002, 08:05 AM
bayarea-sunset

sorry to your bad news windsor,but your still away ahaed of me.I like how north bay nissan is not letting anyone sit or touch there Z's .I had no desire to sit in someone elses new car.Now if they had there own demo I would have probably molested it
Old 04-29-2004, 06:24 AM
meeno

Just thought it would be cool to remember the good old days when people were going nuts waiting for the Z

kinda funny when you look at it now
Old 04-29-2004, 06:36 AM
Pusha Z
Banned

it was cool reading about the initial anticipation. My friend bought one pre-ordered and payed a $2000 mark up on it back then. He had one of the first Zs in the Northern VA area
Old 04-29-2004, 07:03 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

Originally posted by meeno
Just thought it would be cool to remember the good old days when people were going nuts waiting for the Z
Wow... I was wondering what the deal was with such an old thread's resurrection...

Wonder what happened to member bayarea-sunset...
Old 04-29-2004, 08:02 AM
dogfish1

Originally posted by bayarea-sunset
sorry to your bad news windsor,but your still away ahaed of me.I like how north bay nissan is not letting anyone sit or touch there Z's .I had no desire to sit in someone elses new car.Now if they had there own demo I would have probably molested it
Old 04-29-2004, 08:08 AM
marhot

Originally posted by meeno

kinda funny when you look at it now
Thanks for the resurrection of the thread. It was a fun read!

I well remember the first time I saw a Z in person and got to sit in it on the dealer’s showroom in September 2002. Unfortunately the only one they had was on the showroom and no demo rides.

I never saw a Z on the streets until November 2002.

But everyday for me is like that first time. I’ve never tired of just looking at the Z. Some days, when the weather is bad and I don’t drive it, I still go down to the garage and just stare at it. Dust it and do a little detailing.

True love.
Old 04-29-2004, 08:54 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

Originally posted by dogfish1
I meant in terms of membership on this board... he lives in the area that I spent a bulk of my adolescent years (about 20 minutes from where I live now). We could always use new members at our SHIFT_norcal meets

Quick Reply: Z at the dealer,no joke!