Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Nissan Dealer BS'ers in canada

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2002, 12:36 AM
netviper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan Dealer BS'ers in canada

I just wanted to mention I got some insider info that in canada almost all dealers are BS'ers. Especially if you are ordering now. All cars are sold out and unless you are special if you order now you probably won't get for atleast 1 year. Even if the dealer tells you spring time. They just want your deposit so they can gain the intrest on it, but not deliver the car. I am not 100% sure that all the dealers are like this but this info came from a very reliable source thats high up in nissan. This is more or less for people who want to order now or ordered within the last couple months.

Oh also all 350z's in canada and USA were suppost to be released all at once, but the US screwed up and thats why some people have their cars right now. Just about all 350z's in Canada will be released all at once.
Old 08-20-2002, 12:57 AM
fatZo

Default Re: Nissan Dealer BS'ers in canada

Originally posted by netviper

Oh also all 350z's in canada and USA were suppost to be released all at once, but the US screwed up and thats why some people have their cars right now. Just about all 350z's in Canada will be released all at once.
I was told the same thing by a Nissan rep. Apparently, the intent was to have the Z's official launch coincide with the release of the pre-orders, but something went wrong and some ppl got theirs ahead of time ...
Old 08-20-2002, 01:04 AM
vanstorm16

Interesting post. I ordered mid-July so it affects me directly. I've heard one dealer that I spoke to say the exact same thing. My dealer told me no earlier than October but most likely before the end of this year. I'm expecting a production # from him either by the end of August or next month. I'd like to contribute a couple of points to your comments:

1. If this is a concern for someone that is looking to order a Z here, write in a subject into the deal concerning the delivery date. (eg. Subject to delivery before Jan 1, 2003). Cover yourself.

2. Doesn't the interest collected on a deposit go towards the consumer?? Much like a damage deposit when you rent a home?

My gut feeling says this order delay is not true. Could be someone trying to create false demand, could be a lot of things. What are the reasons that they'd be sold out until 2004?
Old 08-20-2002, 01:28 AM
netviper

I don't know but this info actually comes from nissan canada directly, and not one of their people who answeres phones when you call.

I hope its not true but the thing is for canada nissan is not making a lot of cars. The dealers really don't know how many they are getting. They may say 2-3 a month but thats not even almost a guarentee. And there are a lot of other people that take priority over regular customers. The manager of the store will get one, plus different companies who buy hundreds of nissans. I hope that the cars are not sold out for a year but you will find out very soon what the deal is. I think im going to preorder but its not going to be through a dealer. I can get it directly from nissan canada, but I still think its gonna take a long time for me to get the car.

This is not forsure but its the info I was told, and it didn't come from a dealer who wants to take your money.
Old 08-20-2002, 04:07 AM
netviper

maybe you don't understand english very well but I am talking about canada not the United states.

and you don't know when the 2004 model will come out it could come out in jan 2004.

Last edited by netviper; 08-20-2002 at 04:10 AM.
Old 08-20-2002, 04:16 AM
bobbyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

netviper is correct...sorta. If you are ordering in a larger Canadian city, then you will not get your until fall 2003. Approx. 1 year. Smaller cities may have some available. Some dealers in Toronto already have 60 or more deposits and they were only given 15 or so pre-orders. Since it will take the 15 preorders will 3 months to fill, how could one expect not to wait long for the next 45 to arrive.
Old 08-20-2002, 04:24 AM
netviper

im just saying my info did not come out of my a$$. Dealers in canada are taking advantage of the customers and using the deposits to make interest and if they cant deliver the car when they said they could they will just refund your money after making the interest.
Old 08-20-2002, 04:53 AM
z350dude

I have had no problem with my order status with a dealership that I ordered from in Alberta in April. He faxed me the printout from Nissan Canada and yes my order is coming in later then expected but It does show my car on it and it is being produced 10/2002 so I can expect delivery beginning of November. There are people in the US that also ordered around when I did and they have been given the same production dates. It is only a car and I am lookin forward to getting it as soon as possible but I still have to keep things in perspective. I live on Vancouver Island and they are going to deliver it for me to the local dealership since I wasnt able to order from them because all the preorder slots were gone and I had to wait till next year to get the car. It shouldnt take too long to get it once it arrives in port since I live so close to it.
Its all good............just think of it as after all those other production runs they have already done on the 350Z, I'm sure that they will find screw ups on them and they will have them fixed by the time they make ours!!!

Silverstone, performance, 6sp
Old 08-20-2002, 07:47 AM
vanstorm16

I'm still not sure I understand this fully. I've done some quick calculations based on the number of dealers around Vancouver and whatnot and extended that out for the whole country and came up with maybe only 2000 cars at most coming to Canada? (this may be WAY off, just very quick arithmetic). That doesn't seem to make sense, seems kinda low. The busiest dealer here in town only had 12 pre-orders back in mid-July.

However, if this is the case, I'm crossing my fingers that someone in front of me negs on their deal since I'm first in line! And you can be sure that I'll be at the dealer in person tomorrow looking for some answers.

Thanks for the heads-up Netviper. Here's hoping you're wrong though!
Old 08-20-2002, 03:43 PM
bobbyz

2000 doesnt seem way off to me. How many are the States getting. We are only about 1/10th the population. And, Canada sells way less small two seaters because of the climate.
Old 08-20-2002, 07:39 PM
netviper

to tell you the truth at Z-fest i remember the 350z marketing guy say there were only 500-700 coming to canada in the first year. I could be wrong though, but thats what I remember him saying
Old 08-20-2002, 08:36 PM
vanstorm16

If that's the case (500-700) into Canada, then I'm screwed. I'd make the 2000 figure I'm pretty sure but if its that first one, I might be on the sidelines for this car. And that will SUPREMELY **** me off! My chance might be for one of the 6 people in front of me at my dealer (who all have production numbers) to neg out on there deal.

Now, you can bet that I'll be banging on my dealers door this afternoon for more details.
Old 08-20-2002, 09:19 PM
bobbyz

I think there are 500-700 pre-orders in Canada
Old 08-20-2002, 09:35 PM
azmo

Does anyone in Ontario or Qubec have a vin #? Or only those on the West coast and in Alberta?
Old 08-20-2002, 10:15 PM
netviper

Wink

it could be pre-orders im not sure all I know is that there are definately not many coming to canada. See if you can make your dealer guarantee that you will get the car by a certain date and if not, not only do you get your deposit back but you get like 1000 bucks off the msrp or something.
Old 08-21-2002, 12:15 AM
vanstorm16

I wrote into my deal "subject to delivery by March 1, 2003". That is when my lease on my Pathfinder expired. If it comes in early, we've already agreed that they will drop the lease on the Pathfinder and I'll take delivery on the Z then. I don't really have a problem waiting until March if that's the case. There will be no problem getting my deposit back either.

I spoke to my contact at my dealer today and they will have the report printout containing the production schedule for my car tomorrow. Expecting to have my October production confirmed on that and that I should expect my car delivered about 8 weeks after that. He absolutely reassured me that I will be taking delivery on mine before the end of this year (which is good!) He even went as far as to say that if I wanted one earlier, that he could do that too (but it wouldn't be what I had ordered, I'd just have to take what I got).

I'm scheduled to speak with him again tomorrow concerning this report. Then I'll be satisfied.

Interesting to note that the US Nissan site is stating over 2000 pre-orders. That's sure a LONG way off of the 7000 that I've heard. If that is the case, then it would make sense that the 500-700 number was the number of Canadian pre-orders possibly. Just a thought.
Old 08-21-2002, 12:55 AM
vanstorm16

Just to add to this conversation. The dealer where my girlfriend was having her Pulsar fixed told her that there was an original allocation for Z's at each dealer. Once those were gone, they were told that they'd get one new Z every two months.

Just another story to add to the mix I guess eh?

Quick Reply: Nissan Dealer BS'ers in canada