Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Employee family discount???

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 04:15 PM
dlc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Employee family discount???

Hi folks. I'm a noob with the 350Z bug. Hopefully I'll have one soon.

Has anybody bought their 350Z using the employee family purchase program? If so, what were the details of the transaction?

Thanks!

dlc
Old 07-30-2003, 08:52 AM
dlc

Bump.

Anybody?
Old 07-30-2003, 12:27 PM
ZISBAK

First you have to contact this toll free number to set up a VPP (Vehicle Purchase Program) claim # over the phone, and then bring a copy of the VPP claim number and a copy of the Employee ID badge, or their business card to the dealer to pick up your car, and the rest is easy. I personally ordered my car first, and then i wait til a week before it arrive, and set up the VPP claim number, because it will expire within 30 days. Also on top of that, you have to make sure that the dealer are willing to give you the Z with VPP! Every dealer has the rights to refuse to let employee to purchase the Z with VPP.
Old 07-30-2003, 01:53 PM
dlc

How much was the discount for you? What's your relation to Nissan? (i.e., are YOU an employee or is a family member?)

Last edited by dlc; 07-30-2003 at 02:40 PM.
Old 07-31-2003, 02:23 PM
ZISBAK

It could save you somewhere around $2500-$3000. Because you get it for Dealer Invoice and plus -2.5% on top of that!
Well, I work at Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp (NMAC), I'm a contractor here, used to be a full time employee, but unfortunately they outsource IS out to IBM, but I was still able to get it from just about anyone that works there!! :-)
Old 08-04-2003, 05:27 PM
mistahbruin

When you used the VPP claim number #, did you have to show some of ID showing you were affiliated with Nissan? My friend got me one, but doesn't know if it'll work. Thanks.
Old 08-04-2003, 05:34 PM
BVO25

I've got a cousin that's an engineer with Nissan. He called the 800 number and got my claim number 3 months ago and I started my search. No dealer in Atlanta would honor it. I finally went with a dealer he works with by his plant in TN that would. Ended up ordering my car '04 coupe in June. Because it would be 90 day delivery had him turn the VPP # back in.

Employees get a certain amount of vehicles and their limits get raised by years with company. He turned it in so he wouldn't lose it. He'll re apply for the claim number when my car comes in and then the dealer just punches it into the computer and the price comes out. It is about $3000 off MRSP as someone mentioned.

As for your friend getting it for you, make sure if you don't get the car before 90 days you have him turn it back in so it doesn't expire and count against him. But you will be on the same plan as I. It's called Extended Family and Friends VPP. You have better priority over company VPP's as I understand it. You should have better luck getting a dealer to do it with that.

My two cents hope it helps, of course I haven't actually gotten my Z yet. 90 days would be Sept 1st so wish me luck it comes in before!!!

PS....If someone wants a recommendation of dealer in Nashville area that will honor it, PM me.