Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Not Looking to Flame, But....

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 12:52 PM
TEF

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

While it's true that many owners feel it necessary to modify his/her Z (and there's nothing bad about that), does that affect one's decision when buying someone else's car? For example, when shopping for a used Z would one be more or less inclined to buy a particular car if it were modified? With all things equal (mileage, condition, whatever) would one, for example, prefer to buy a turboed or stock vehicle? It seems that everyone likes what he/she has done to his/her car, but avoids similar modifications made by others. Assuming that this is valid, then one really loses on investments made in non-OEM modifications
Old 08-27-2008, 12:54 PM
RedLine 350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only way for the Z33 to be a collector's item is to have young adults wrapping the Z around trees. There's too many out there. I probably wouldn't keep my Z to make it a collector's item, but I will have enough memories and pictures of my Z.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:07 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Venture
i hate shining my tires...gets everywhere after you start driving...
That's because:

1: You're using too much

2: You're driving too soon after applying it

When I do my tire shine I apply it at night for the next day. Never get any kine spots from it.
Originally Posted by ohSIXz
GSX = O.G EVO.
wat

You are dead wrong my friend.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:13 PM
OldDirty Z33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
That's because:

1: You're using too much

2: You're driving too soon after applying it

When I do my tire shine I apply it at night for the next day. Never get any kine spots from it.

wat

You are dead wrong my friend.
+ 1 on the tire shine but I belive my gsx is considered O.G. And oldschool.!! its 17 years old already and about 15 more years it will be a classic for sure!
Old 08-27-2008, 01:16 PM
OldDirty Z33

No wonder why i didn't know what you were talking about. hahaha It wasn't directed to me lol sorry.. But we do share the same family with the 4g63.. I;m lost and sorry I jumped to conclusions to fast.....
Old 08-27-2008, 01:30 PM
dhays

Originally Posted by TEF
While it's true that many owners feel it necessary to modify his/her Z (and there's nothing bad about that), does that affect one's decision when buying someone else's car? For example, when shopping for a used Z would one be more or less inclined to buy a particular car if it were modified? With all things equal (mileage, condition, whatever) would one, for example, prefer to buy a turboed or stock vehicle? It seems that everyone likes what he/she has done to his/her car, but avoids similar modifications made by others. Assuming that this is valid, then one really loses on investments made in non-OEM modifications
This is definitely true in the RX-7 community. Stock, "unmolested" vehicles go for much more than modded cars unless the car is a true show car. The only exception are a few "reliability" mods that every informed owner would do, or for a select set of aftermarket exhausts. Everything else hurts resale value.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:32 PM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by OldDirty Z33
No wonder why i didn't know what you were talking about. hahaha It wasn't directed to me lol sorry.. But we do share the same family with the 4g63.. I;m lost and sorry I jumped to conclusions to fast.....
No worries. I know the 1G is OG as hell. Speaking of 1Gs, me and the wife might pick one up as a project. Mmmm... classic.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:28 PM
OldDirty Z33

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
No worries. I know the 1G is OG as hell. Speaking of 1Gs, me and the wife might pick one up as a project. Mmmm... classic.
Do it and let her drive it around.!!!! omg if i ever seen a girl driving a dope 1G ill flip and drool all over the place. That would be as hot as a girl driving a Ferrari!!! IMO. I really wnt to fully build mine with the JohnShep transmission and new 2.0 short block built with 1 g heads.. maybe 2g heads... You should search into it!!
Old 08-27-2008, 02:50 PM
StrauZZ

Old people with money buy cars that they grew up with and always wanted. I have been going to car shows with my father since I was a little kid and some of these big block chevys, Mopar Hemis, and ford shelbys are overpriced but people want them because thats the car they always wanted and now they have the money to buy it.

I look at cars when I was a kid that I always wanted and I think of Toyota Supras, RX-7, and NSX. I do not see too many Z by me driving around maybe 30 years from now someone who always wanted one will spend whatever it cost to get one.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:53 PM
StrauZZ

Originally Posted by Dr. Venture
todays cars are just not classics. the value of our cars get much worse as time goes by. so it's not worth keeping it for a future sale or collectors item.

I do have a 1971 Pantera Detomaso GTS # 3 of the original 40 hand made Italian ones. ( push button exterior door handle) There are only 3 of those 40 known around the world today, unless someone has one in good condition on a farm somewhere.

Something like that is considered a classic and rare vehicle to restore as OG.
But if you think about it back when those classics came out at that time the owner's who bought them as well also did hook them up. I remember my father had a 68 camero/road runner/mach 1, which he hooked up to street race back then. Just now a days those cars are considered classic, but at the time of sale they were just like our Z's!!

I don't know about you or anyone else, but i see true beauty when i look at my master piece so far!

Can you put up some pics of the Pantera? I always liked how they look but heard they had alot of overheating problems and issues with rust.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:00 PM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by OldDirty Z33
Do it and let her drive it around.!!!! omg if i ever seen a girl driving a dope 1G ill flip and drool all over the place. That would be as hot as a girl driving a Ferrari!!! IMO. I really wnt to fully build mine with the JohnShep transmission and new 2.0 short block built with 1 g heads.. maybe 2g heads... You should search into it!!
You want a 2G head with a 1G 6-bolt. Shep tranny=buttsecks.

Knowing my wife, she prolly would drive it. We're a Mitsu fam. I have a 2G in the mainland, she had a 3000GT and we have an Evo now.

If I pick up the 1G I'm thinking of doing a RWD conversion on it. Sacrilige? Maybe. Fun? You bet your sweet ***.

To the OP:

It's the point of the import/tuner scene to modify the vehicle to represent yourself. It's all about individuality.

The classic car scene is about keeping a piece of history pristine and unmolested. That's also how those cars hold all their value.

Each 'scene' in the car world has their way of doing things. The muscle guys, imports, classics, exotics, etc. You have to learn to appreciate which each one is about and what each set of enthusiasts look for in those particular scenes. What's the norm in one won't work in another (for the most part).
Old 08-27-2008, 05:14 PM
j.arnaldo
Banned

350zWVU: Right on the nose, kid! My 'O4 Touring Coupe's a "natural" beauty;
no mods on MY baby! The $$$$ I'd spend on mods is going to the savings ac-
count--I'll be retiring next year, so the "cu$hion" is necessary for any unfore-
seen events that may pop up. I've read SOOO many posts here, from "Z" ow-
ners that complain about "misses" & "fails" in their beaZts, 'cause of some mod they did to it, etc., that I've decided to keep my monZter in its "natural"
state!!!
Old 08-27-2008, 06:01 PM
roast

To each their own.

Classic cars put me to sleep. They are certainly cool and all, but they are not my cup of tea.

Just because some people are stimulated by classic cars does not mean that some of us are less enthusiasts because we don't enjoy cars the same way others do.

I enjoy driving fast. I track my Z and also kart. While I am throwing down on the track.... you can enjoy sitting in your environmentally controlled garage admiring a completely useless trophy.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:01 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Fell in LUV with looks of Z just as it came from factory. Performance, stock, is plenty for me. So stock it is & will be. Well, except for god awful stereo system which has been completely replaced. I did keep the origional HU
Old 08-27-2008, 08:19 PM
TX-350Z-TX

what he said

pics please [/QUOTE]
Old 08-27-2008, 08:34 PM
Dr. Venture

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by StrauZZ
Can you put up some pics of the Pantera? I always liked how they look but heard they had alot of overheating problems and issues with rust.

As Requested!!!! PIX of the Pantera!!

The front grilles takes care of the over heating problem. And for the rest 30 yrs ago my pops drilled holes into parts of the chassis and completely undercoating inside and out of it. so no rust problems, plus i completely restored any part of it which was a tad rusted, or messed up. runs great!

Last edited by Dr. Venture; 08-27-2008 at 08:49 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:43 PM
35oZephyR

Some classic cars are just plain rare and people love seeing them in their original form.

A 350z? Not so much, but who says you can't restore a modified one 40 years from now, when they are rare as well.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:34 PM
pjsc1262

nismo z are gonna be rare! and cleanly modded turboed z will be like the twin turboed supra in the future
Old 08-27-2008, 09:41 PM
MaxXx

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/misc...-lowrider.html
Old 08-27-2008, 10:46 PM
east1999bt

Originally Posted by 350zWVU
My question here is why do we as Z owners rush to remove almost every stitch of the original car from our car?? Why do we rush to decal it, lower it, change out the wheels, modify the engine, remove the nissan symbols? rework the engine with new custom parts? etc....
it looks better.

Quick Reply: Not Looking to Flame, But....