Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Some guy in a honda just tried to take me

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 08:49 AM
wildone_106

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some guy in a honda just tried to take me

I mean wtf was he thinking?!? I was'nt trying to race but I dunno I got a bit pissed that he would even try. Of course I out pulled for a distance till I had to turn but I wonder why they just have a go anyway. Its certainly no manly thing to beat a honda (one thats not modded anyway!) but if I saw a nice looking 2 seater and Im driving a honda I would'nt even dare, people are just F*** weird
Old 08-07-2003, 10:30 AM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by wildone_106
I mean wtf was he thinking?!? I was'nt trying to race but I dunno I got a bit pissed that he would even try. Of course I out pulled for a distance till I had to turn but I wonder why they just have a go anyway. Its certainly no manly thing to beat a honda (one thats not modded anyway!) but if I saw a nice looking 2 seater and Im driving a honda I would'nt even dare, people are just F*** weird
Accord coupes are the worst. They should be doing what I do when I pull next to WS6, SS or Z06. Look straight ahead and don't provoke.
Old 08-07-2003, 10:45 AM
DrDrilZ

a new accord coupe 6mt will has a good chance of takin you if youre not careful. their published times arent too far off the z's.
Old 08-07-2003, 10:47 AM
wildone_106

Im seriously thinking that Honda's are the worlds fastest cars, just stick in some extra parts and a fart can and suddenly unbeatable by all but exoitcs
Old 08-07-2003, 10:55 AM
SharpST77

they are good cars...but the ppl who drive them are...weird.
Old 08-07-2003, 11:03 AM
SlamMan

Nothing wrong with Hondas, its the ghetto @ss thug wana be kids who think their Vin Diesel in The Fast and The Furious. It's hard not to roll your eyes at every Honda with a fart can and a bad exhaust. Some of them are pretty respectable. I'm guessing quite a few Z owners here were past Honda owners. Alot of them pretty fast. I'm still looking for a Z to see how mine stacks up.

Last edited by SlamMan; 08-07-2003 at 11:07 AM.
Old 08-07-2003, 11:08 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

Originally posted by wildone_106
Im seriously thinking that Honda's are the worlds fastest cars, just stick in some extra parts and a fart can and suddenly unbeatable by all but exoitcs
It's all in in the number of stickers it has... particularly "Type R"
Old 08-07-2003, 11:52 AM
Zulu

Originally posted by SlamMan
Nothing wrong with Hondas, its the ghetto @ss thug wana be kids who think their Vin Diesel in The Fast and The Furious. It's hard not to roll your eyes at every Honda with a fart can and a bad exhaust. Some of them are pretty respectable. I'm guessing quite a few Z owners here were past Honda owners. Alot of them pretty fast. I'm still looking for a Z to see how mine stacks up.
Yep, I still have an '85 Accord, and looking for a '93 for beater, classic clean bodystyle. I've always liked Hondas, civic hatchbacks are fast *****, and they can get heavy gains at a relatively low cost, which makes them a people's car. In fact, I was going to buy an RSX Type S, but when I saw the Z, it was love at first sight...
Old 08-07-2003, 12:52 PM
MrLoutish

Default Just a thought

I drive a honda w/ a "fart can" when I'm not in my Z and I have pulled up next to some nice cars, Vipers, Z06's etc. and given them a little rev.

Hold your wad before you start flaming.

I'm not looking to race and I sure as hell don't think I could ever beat such a car. I just want them to let me hear the engine roar or watch them put the power down off the line.

I like nice cars and I like to see them in action. That "weird" honda drive might just want to enjoy the Z in action.
Old 08-07-2003, 01:17 PM
Montez

Originally posted by DrDrilZ
a new accord coupe 6mt will has a good chance of takin you if youre not careful. their published times arent too far off the z's.
Thats the truth an 03 Accord Coupe will run ya if you get caught slipping or cant drive.
Old 08-07-2003, 01:36 PM
Balls

I'm with Loutish on this one....

the guy obviously holds your car in high regard.... you should take it as a compliment.... when people do that to me, I give them the hang loose sign and they smile back...
Old 08-07-2003, 01:51 PM
wildone_106

Maybe I'll try it next time thanks guys
Old 08-07-2003, 04:41 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Word...

A person wouldn't challenge you if they didn't think your car was interesting. Unless of course they want to humiliate whoevers on the road...but I doubt that Honda Driver had that in mind.
Old 08-07-2003, 05:31 PM
Dissident

Haha, I just had some guy in a new eclipse try and take me. Maybe he was mad cause his girl was smiling at me. I'll admit, he got about half a car ahead of my by the time I got to around 50. But.. Uh, I'm driving a stock automatic Blazer, LMOA... At least he was making more noise than me...
Old 08-08-2003, 05:32 AM
BigBadBuford

Originally posted by Zulu
Yep, I still have an '85 Accord, and looking for a '93 for beater, classic clean bodystyle. I've always liked Hondas, civic hatchbacks are fast *****, and they can get heavy gains at a relatively low cost, which makes them a people's car. In fact, I was going to buy an RSX Type S, but when I saw the Z, it was love at first sight...
Those '85 Accords are pretty sweet rides! I agree that there is nothing wrong with Hondas.. I never thought I'd own one but I got my Accord for free and it has been great - 140,000 miles and almost 20 years old and runs flawlessly! I'm tempted to attempt a K20 or H22 swap and turn the Accord into a real sleeper!

Last edited by BigBadBuford; 08-08-2003 at 05:37 AM.
Old 08-08-2003, 09:50 AM
Zulu

I think I'm gonna change insurance and put both of them on it, cause the friend that was supposed to keep it is stalling. Mine was complaining a bit after 170k, but everything's been taken care of except carb. What the heck, I was gonna miss it anyway, so I might use it for awhile before it's gone.
Old 08-09-2003, 07:09 AM
Hencho

i miss my little civic s-door. i put it up for sale and twenty minutes later this spanish guy walked up my drive way and gave me cash. man i realy hoped it would of sold a little slower. 108 k on it and it never even blinked. lowered and farty but i lover it for it's slow but loud bumpy as all hell ride. the funny part is the civic had a better ride then the z.
Old 08-09-2003, 10:58 AM
spinninbackfist

Originally posted by Montez
Thats the truth an 03 Accord Coupe will run ya if you get caught slipping or cant drive.

It's true my friend has one and if your not paying attention or miss a gear you might be dissappointed in the end. He didnt beat me but I was surprised never the less.
Old 08-09-2003, 02:22 PM
topdaytrader

smoke him~
Old 08-09-2003, 02:22 PM
mziggy16

I used to drive a Honda before my Z, no stickers, no wing, no neons, but it did have a T3/T04e turbocharger and when i beat Corvettes, they didn't laugh. Not all Hondas are slow and ricey. But now i drive a Z and it may not be as fast but its wayyyyy nicer.

Quick Reply: Some guy in a honda just tried to take me