Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

6 speed or auto

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 09:41 PM
dodi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6 speed or auto

There is a 2005 black 350z convertible for sale at a dealer near my home for a reasonable price. I live in vancouver bc and the car is an american import. I drove the car and really like it, but my only concern is I can't seem to decide between an auto or 6 speed. I also drove an auto earlier this year and also enjoyed the drive.I have driven manual sporty cars in the past and have enjoyed them...they seem to be more fun....but with increasing traffic I sometimes wonder if an auto would be the more obvious choice with the amount of stop and go traffic where I live. My wife can drive a 6 speed but she would prefer the auto if she was driving. On the other hand for winter driving we own a 2006 xterra in an auto and the 350 could be more of a summer car and insured for 6 months which would make owning the 6 speed ok. Also it rains a lot in the northwest where I live....near Seattle Washington and maybe the convertible isn't the best option. If you have read this far you can see how confused I am...any suggestions would be helpful....one thing for sure is that a 350z in my garage would be great......6 speed or auto ....convertible or hardtop.....last but not least I am 52 and hope to retire from work in the next 5 years , therefore the car would not have to be a daily driver or commuter .
Old 09-25-2008, 09:48 PM
konaforever

Search is your friend!
Old 09-25-2008, 09:52 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

They're both good transmissions.

Buy whichever one you want, and whichever one suits your needs.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:20 PM
fabcas311

i hope this isnt going to end up for AT vs MT war!
in before the
Old 09-25-2008, 10:27 PM
NISMO_558

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 09-25-2008, 11:31 PM
TTwinTTurbo

Default .

Don't be a pu**y. Get the six speed manual and have more control over what rev you want to be at and at what time. You get an automatic transmission and you will die early from unknown causes. People that drive auto's are the kids in highschool who get throttled for bein gay.

Do what you want just know that you are and always will be a pu**y if you get an auto. Say goodbye to your sexlife becuase your girlfriend will think you are uncapable of driving a manual and need to use all of your brainpower to pay attention to the road and not your stickshift.

If you are an auto transmission driver you are the driver with both hands on the steering wheel in the 9 and 3 oclock position. You suck and should die.

Six speed manuals are the only way to go. Stop light to stop light. Long windy road on the coast to long straight stretches on the freeway's. Desire to be a better person and actually live. Don't let anyone tell you to get an auto based on its ease of driving. Easy things get boring. A challenge is always necessary in life as that is what life in essence is in all reality.

Six speeds...The way it should be.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:38 PM
fabcas311

^wow!
Old 09-26-2008, 04:02 AM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it is a matter of personal choice.

/thread
Old 09-26-2008, 04:59 AM
El PreZidente

The answer, obviously, is "Yes."
Old 09-26-2008, 05:04 AM
halcyon901

Originally Posted by TTwinTTurbo
Don't be a pu**y. Get the six speed manual and have more control over what rev you want to be at and at what time. You get an automatic transmission and you will die early from unknown causes. People that drive auto's are the kids in highschool who get throttled for bein gay.

Do what you want just know that you are and always will be a pu**y if you get an auto. Say goodbye to your sexlife becuase your girlfriend will think you are uncapable of driving a manual and need to use all of your brainpower to pay attention to the road and not your stickshift.

If you are an auto transmission driver you are the driver with both hands on the steering wheel in the 9 and 3 oclock position. You suck and should die.

Six speed manuals are the only way to go. Stop light to stop light. Long windy road on the coast to long straight stretches on the freeway's. Desire to be a better person and actually live. Don't let anyone tell you to get an auto based on its ease of driving. Easy things get boring. A challenge is always necessary in life as that is what life in essence is in all reality.

OP already say goodbye to his sex-life. he is married.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:05 AM
eckeryi

considering you are 52, get the 6-speed so you don't have any regrets :-)
PLUs if it isn't going to be your daily, why get an auto?
Get the hardtop, IMO the hardtop looks so much better then a softtop.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:08 AM
eckeryi

I drive a 6speed and my hands are sometimes in the 9 and 3 position. There's nothing wrong with that
Old 09-26-2008, 05:23 AM
HDPDZO6

Paul Walker?

Also I find it ironic this poster is talking all this crap about having control over the vehicle, etc... Yet he lives in a state where his own government doesn't allow him to fuel up his vehicle himself. Some control you have their bud.

Last edited by HDPDZO6; 09-26-2008 at 07:30 AM.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:24 AM
RedLine 350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As halcyon901 has stated, sex life has gone to Zero/Nada. Girlfriend will be different if he didn't value his marriage.

I love my 6MT, but sometimes I do wish I have a 5AT...but then again, those times are rare. There's nothing wrong with both transmission. Some people track theirs, and some just want to have a sports car without the (manual) shifting.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:36 AM
WhiteNoiz

I vote 6mt, have some fun!!! (AT is still fun, dont get your panties in a bunch AT owners)
Old 09-26-2008, 06:38 AM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I like 6MT, but to each his own
Old 09-26-2008, 06:44 AM
Greg06

Old 09-26-2008, 07:00 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

These are the kind of responses that **** me off.

Since 6mt is obviously much better than an automatic, how can the autos be faster?
Old 09-26-2008, 07:11 AM
WhiteNoiz

Originally Posted by Silverstone-Z

Since 6mt is obviously much better than an automatic, how can the autos be faster?

oh no you di-nt
Old 09-26-2008, 08:21 AM
damn_rookie

6MT FTW

Quick Reply: 6 speed or auto