Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

DO NOT do business with RacerX Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2003, 02:56 PM
jran76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DO NOT do business with RacerX Motorsports

First off, let me say I hate post information that cast a negative light on anyone. But, I also feel it is my obligation to let others know of my poor expirience. If you look back, this is the first time I have posted such a post.

I have to say that RacerX runs what I consider a scam. For those that do not know, RacerX is advertising that they are giving away a Nissan Skyline GT-R (R33). When you enter the contest, you are also entering your car for a potential sponsorship. Well, they called after a few weeks, and I was told that I was going to be offered a partial sponsorship. Sounded pretty good, so I told them to send the information. At this point I had commited to nothing. I recieved the sponsorship contract, and after reading the contract I decided that it was not a good deal. Quickly, the partial sponsership worked like this: RacerX is a wholesaler, they offer parts to me at a discount, and that discount is taken out of my $10,000 in sponsership money. Well, the discounts did not seem worth the $79.00 membership fee, plus the fees to attend 4 car shows, so I DID NOT sign and return the contract. I also attempted to contact RacerX via email and both listed phone numbers with no luck.

So, after a month a $79.00 charge came up on my credit card (card # was required to enter the contest). I tried to contact RacerX, again with no luck. $79.00 is not a lot of money, and I did not feel like it was worth the fight. This was in May. Fast foward to August. A couple days ago another $79.00 charge shows up from guess who, RacerX.

OK, now it is time to fight. My bank will refund the charges. And, I also decided to take this to the 3 large forums that I am a member of. Needless to say, but I hope others do not do business with such companies. I have again tried to contact RacerX via email and phone with no luck. So, in the last email I sent I told them I would let others know, and also have my bank dispute the charges.... So, here we are. Sorry for the long post, I just do not want others to fall prey to such a scam.
Old 08-15-2003, 03:31 PM
articfury
Charter Member #55

jran,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I remember when this was brought up before people were on both sides. This seems pretty clear cut now. That is no way to do business.

Thanks for the post.

JD

PS

Did anyone else notice that the pic in their ad is a R34 but they are giving away a R33?

Last edited by articfury; 08-15-2003 at 03:34 PM.
Old 08-15-2003, 03:45 PM
jran76

Thanks JD...

Yeah, I read some post about it in the past, that possibly played into my decision not to sign the contract.

I am not too worried, ultimately it only cost me 79 dollars, and I may get the first charge back also. But, yeah shady business.

I think they pray on young people that do not have a lot of money (no offense to the young menbers of the forum), that will jump all over the parts deals. I do not need sponsorship, so unless someone is giving me parts, I go for what is easiest. Don't get me wrong, I am not a rich man, but I have other concerns than the almighty dollar.

Ah, the joy of being young and single (and educated and having a good job, well maybe not too educated in this case)....
Old 08-15-2003, 03:49 PM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How did they get your CC number? Had you bought from them in the past?
Old 08-15-2003, 04:18 PM
neohalo1

He said he had to enter his CC to enter the contest.

jran, sorry to hear about your bad experience. Thanks for keeping us aware!
Old 08-15-2003, 05:17 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this company has been around before, apparently targeting Zs especially. offering discounts but nothing worth the "cost".

a good time to mention, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

think about that whenever you see a great deal. ask yourself how their doing it. and if there is no obvious answer, research more untill you figure out how he is. do not pay to find out.
Old 08-15-2003, 05:42 PM
jran76

Originally posted by ares
if it seems too good to be true, it probably is
Well said.

I will say I "thought" I made a wise decision, but obviously they do not care, I DID NOT do business with them, and they screwed me anyway.
Old 08-15-2003, 06:01 PM
DaddyKool

A word of advice: whenever you sign-up or join something and they require some kind of deposit, bank account, or Credit Card (claim just to verify who you are) DON'T.
Old 08-15-2003, 09:23 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they were event pulling this scam in some import magazines.
Old 08-16-2003, 05:20 AM
jran76

I will also add that they are a legit business and I am sure they are giving the car away, but I am also sure that anyone they offered a sponsorship to, whether it was accepted or not, they are charging $79.00 (twice in my case).

I am sure they will try to make as much as possible in the $79.00 ripoffs to pay for the Skyline they are giving away, and for the "$500,000" in sponsorship money they are giving out (for the partial sponsorships they really are not giving any money away, just discounts).

I was VERY leary about the whole deal, I should have yeilded to my better judgement (usually do). But, again I agreed to NOTHING, there are many ways to get a CC#, that does not give someone the right to make unauthorized charges....