Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Nissan, steal a better car configurator!

Old 05-26-2002, 09:18 AM
brackethead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan, steal a better car configurator!

OK, we all know how well (or poorly) the NissanDriven.com 350Z configurator works. Pretty well, IMO, except the major flaw is the tiny picture of the car in different colors.

Has anyone looked at Porsche's car configurator?

http://www.us.porsche.com/english/bo...or/default.htm (choose North America when you get to this page; it launches in a new window)

It's very well done: it has a large 3D image of the car that changes colors with your selection, has decent pictures of all the wheel options, and you can see the wheels pictured on the car. It also has a separate interior image that changes color with your selection.

Nissan should have stolen Porsche's configurator, or at least "borrowed" heavily!
Old 05-26-2002, 06:20 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm sure that someone on here has the tech savy to go steal it FOR US! Come one guys (and girlz), who's up for it? How bout it Jeff? Get out your black suit, ski mask and night vision goggles.

Oh yeah, just noticed, I HIT TRIPLE DIGITS IN POSTING!
Old 05-26-2002, 08:57 PM
ZBarrister

Another great one is the one they use for the Mini. That one is really awesome to use. That would be the one I would recommend!
Old 05-26-2002, 11:06 PM
azjimbo

I posted the same thing on zcar a while ago.I have also called NNA and told them that their car configurator is a joke.The web page has been nearly the same since 1/8/02.When I am paying 35K for a car I sure as hell would like to see my car configured with the options I have chosen.I really believe Nissan has done a poor job with marketing the Z to the people who have pre-ordered.I personally like the Acura car configurator.I can gets tons more info here than at Nissan which is a credit to this place.