2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Nissan North America Consumer Affairs

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2002, 07:45 PM
esk01998

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan North America Consumer Affairs

For those of you who've ordered but don't know what's really going on,

I called my dealer (Action Nissan of Nashville) and they really didn't know what was going on. The salesman I bought it with no longer works there so I can't even complain as to why my car is not even built yet when he said it should be ready in September.

So I called Nissan North America and they told me something interesting. The rep said that the cars are built in bundles (i.e. 100 Track, then 100 Enthusiast, then 100 Touring, etc, (though not completely sure if its built in bundles of 100)). He said that's why the order date doesn't really correspond with delivery date.
Mine isn't due till November I'm told and the wait is killing me as I don't have any means of transportation right now.

Lastly, has anyone received their Z in Tennessee? And does anyone know any scenic roads to drive it on near Nashville?
Old 08-28-2002, 02:14 AM
Thunderbolt
Charter Member #88

Was Action charging MSRP? Hays is charging $3k over MSRP. My salesman at Hays quit too.

My wife called NNA about the the $3k hike and the girl there said we were lucky. She paid $8k over MSRP for her sons VW Beetel and thought we were getting a better deal dollar wise! In other words she was not going to help us.

You will proberly get your car sooner than later so hang in there. Go east on Hwy 70 or any other state road and I think you will be happy. Not much in the way of good roads west of us

Last edited by Thunderbolt; 08-28-2002 at 02:21 AM.
Old 08-28-2002, 02:41 AM
2000Rdstr
Site Sponsor

Ordered mine from North Lake in Gallatin at MSRP - they tell me a delivery September 25.
Old 08-28-2002, 02:50 AM
Don Sielert

Stones River in Murfreesboro has a Daytona Blue Touring 6 speed for 2,000 over MSRP. It is in and available. I ordered at Hippodrome 3/9 and should take delivery this week or next. They show 2 Pikes Peak White Zs in inventory, but as of noon yesterday they hadn't been delivered yet.

Old 08-28-2002, 02:52 AM
jgrier

I was told the same thing about the cars being built in bundles in Atlanta from my salesman and it sucks. I was second in line and they have already had two delivered to my dealership and I'm not in one
Old 08-28-2002, 01:24 PM
esk01998

Action Nissan said they were charging MSRP. But I got the order fax from them and they slipped in a little something extra. I told them, the cost doesn't match what I calculated from the internet.

Then the salesperson was like, "Oh that's just the dealer fee that covers our advertising and marketing costs."

So I just told them, "What the hell is a dealer cost? If you run a dealersip, then YOU pay for running it. You don't pass along your advertising fee to the customer, that's YOUR cost of doing business."

Then the salesman talked to the manager and came back and said that it will be removed and they faxed another order form. Ridiculous what they're trying to pull. Also told me that I was supposed to get the car last Thursday when they didn't even have a VIN number for my car (It isn't even built yet when I contacted NNA).

Man, Hippodrome Nissan is like 1 mile from where I live. Only if NNA gave me their number when I contacted them about Nissan dealers in the Nashville area, maybe I could have gotten it sooner.

Don, hopefully I'll see your Z around the city.
Old 09-28-2002, 07:28 AM
buzzard

I have a Brickyard Red Touring with all the options except GPS on order from Hays Nisson.They told me this was a pre-order by the sales manager that I now have. I don't know when the initial order was placed, But I got my vin# about a week ago. I called Hays yesterday and the delivery date is 10/15 give or take a couple of days. I payed about $2,400 over MSRP. Feel like a kid waiting for Chrismas. Not long now.
See ya out there.
Old 09-28-2002, 10:49 AM

's Avatar

I went to the dealership today because the person I was buying the car from QUIT or GOT FIRED. Who knows..... WHo cares.... What I do care about is that I get my Z. I talked with the person who will be handling my sale and asked if they were selling them for MSRP (since I was told this by the first salesman) He insured me that I will get it for MSRP. He stated that the only cars that are selling for over MSRP (or that should be) are the ones where people back out of their order. He gave me a for instance-- A person backed out of an order for a Le Mans Sunset Touring Z. They sold it for $5000.00 over MSRP. I asked what the should be meant and he stated that if a dealer is trying to get more than MSRP for a car that is (on order) meaning that you have to wait for 3-6 months is not a dealership to do business with.

I agree with what he says unless you have money to burn, then I say ( go for it).
Old 09-29-2002, 06:35 AM
Traffic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, then people with the least common models are more likely to get theirs sooner? I think Base was the least ordered, and Touring the most often ordered? This would seem to bode well for those of us who ordered base models...