Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Nissan is building the wrong car for me

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2002, 06:34 AM
ballz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan is building the wrong car for me

Good news and bad news. Nissan has got my car in production and it will be ready fro delivery in 10 days, BAD NEWS IS THAT THIS CAR IS NOT THE ONE I ORDERED. ITS A TOURING MODEL WITH NAVI, and I ORDERED A PERFORMANCE MODEL WITHOUT NAVI. SO NOW WHAT? SIT AND WAIT 6 MORE MONTHS FOR THOSE ****IN IDIOTS AT NISSAN TO GET IT RIGHT. SO CHOKED RIGHT NOW. HOW HARD IS IT TO READ SOME ALPHA-NUMMERIC CHARACTERS FROM A PIECE OF PAPER, IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO NOW THEYR'E TRYING TO PUSH THIS TOURING MODEL FOR $3,400(CDN) more on me, and IM LIKE IF I WANTED TO PAY THAT WHICH THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL THAT I AM GETTING A AUTOMATIC 350Z, I WOULD HAVE ORDERED THE TRACK PACK TO START OFF WITH.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?????????????
Old 08-28-2002, 06:36 AM
rep15

What did the black mailed packet you got from Nissan say concerning trim and options?
Old 08-28-2002, 06:39 AM
infinite z

Dood that sucks really bad. Unfortunately, if you're going to spend this kind of money on something, better make sure you get what you want. You'd be better off waiting for them to build you the right car. You'll thank yourself a year from now when you've got that nice manual tranny perf model. I'd get all the documentation you have showing what you ordered, and try to make them build it for you asap. Good luck!
Old 08-28-2002, 06:41 AM
ballz

Originally posted by rep15
What did the black mailed packet you got from Nissan say concerning trim and options?
I have all the paper work stating the trim and options that are for the performance model, MT, etc... and the dealer looked at his documentation as well and it states the same stuff. But between the dealer and the production line someone messed up.
Old 08-28-2002, 06:43 AM
ballz

Originally posted by infinite z
Dood that sucks really bad. Unfortunately, if you're going to spend this kind of money on something, better make sure you get what you want. You'd be better off waiting for them to build you the right car. You'll thank yourself a year from now when you've got that nice manual tranny perf model. I'd get all the documentation you have showing what you ordered, and try to make them build it for you asap. Good luck!
I am trying man, the dealer said he would do whatever he can to get it made ASAP, but who knows. Mine is already in production, so I told him that fine let it get produced but someone out there must want that car so give it to them, and get me what I ordered.
Old 08-28-2002, 06:45 AM
rai

That sucks dude, did you ever get a printed card with the correct info on it? I would NEVER take an automatic or a nav.

I'm like you, I want what I ordered, that's why I ordered it.
Old 08-28-2002, 06:47 AM
ballz

Anyone out there have this problem, and if so were you able to get Nissan to fix their mistake.
Old 08-28-2002, 07:04 AM
infinite z

To expand on Zmain's idea - I don't think you can sell your spot in line. It's up to the dealer who to sell it to, not you. Nissan has warned against this, so I wouldn't risk it. What you could do is to go ahead and buy it, then turn it and sell it for a profit. On another thread someone mentioned that you don't have to title a car when you buy it, and that may keep you from having to pay tax as well. Regardless, not titling it means you can still sell it as new. Even if you do sell it as used, I'm sure you could make a profit on it. This thing is going to have even higher demand once more of them are on the road, and people with money, who have never heard about it, are gonna want one. Think about it, a few extra grand may keep you happy till your Z comes in!
Old 08-28-2002, 08:05 AM
vanstorm16

Ballz, do you mind sharing what dealer you ordered from? That same thought has gone through my mind as well.

I'm truely sorry to hear that crap news. Don't settle man. Get what you want. I mean, if it was the wrong color, then maybe consider it. As crappy as that news is, myself, I'd most likely wait it out.

OR, call around and see about cancelled orders and maybe get in on a deal sooner via that route. We don't have that many options between models up here, you might be more likely to find one that matches what you are looking for.
Old 08-28-2002, 08:21 AM
Zbart
Charter Member #95

When you say it's your car that is in production, how do you know.

Who told you specifically that that's your car?

No one here has ever identified to whom the car belongs while it's still in production. I have a strong suspicion that your dealer is up to something.
Old 08-28-2002, 08:25 AM
Zbart
Charter Member #95

Oh, and when you say it's in production and will be ready for delivery in 10 days, that's also bogus; unless YOUR car is coming in by "special delivery".
Old 08-28-2002, 09:13 AM
Kahanakyu

Default Re: Nissan is building the wrong car for me

Originally posted by ballz
Good news and bad news. Nissan has got my car in production and it will be ready fro delivery in 10 days, BAD NEWS IS THAT THIS CAR IS NOT THE ONE I ORDERED. ITS A TOURING MODEL WITH NAVI, and I ORDERED A PERFORMANCE MODEL WITHOUT NAVI. SO NOW WHAT? SIT AND WAIT 6 MORE MONTHS FOR THOSE ****IN IDIOTS AT NISSAN TO GET IT RIGHT. SO CHOKED RIGHT NOW. HOW HARD IS IT TO READ SOME ALPHA-NUMMERIC CHARACTERS FROM A PIECE OF PAPER, IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO NOW THEYR'E TRYING TO PUSH THIS TOURING MODEL FOR $3,400(CDN) more on me, and IM LIKE IF I WANTED TO PAY THAT WHICH THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL THAT I AM GETTING A AUTOMATIC 350Z, I WOULD HAVE ORDERED THE TRACK PACK TO START OFF WITH.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?????????????
Call NNA and verify. I trust them over the dealer. Doesn't sound right.
Old 08-28-2002, 09:15 AM
ballz

Originally posted by Zbart
Oh, and when you say it's in production and will be ready for delivery in 10 days, that's also bogus; unless YOUR car is coming in by "special delivery".
I dont know man, im not here to make **** up. Thats the BS thats being fed to be my my JACKASS dealer. He said that when he looks me up in the computer he sees that a touring model has been assigned to me that is already in production.
Old 08-28-2002, 09:16 AM
ballz

Originally posted by vanstorm16
Ballz, do you mind sharing what dealer you ordered from? That same thought has gone through my mind as well.

I'm truely sorry to hear that crap news. Don't settle man. Get what you want. I mean, if it was the wrong color, then maybe consider it. As crappy as that news is, myself, I'd most likely wait it out.

OR, call around and see about cancelled orders and maybe get in on a deal sooner via that route. We don't have that many options between models up here, you might be more likely to find one that matches what you are looking for.
NEW PACIFIC NISSAN
Old 08-28-2002, 09:21 AM
ballz

Default Re: Re: Nissan is building the wrong car for me

Originally posted by Kahanakyu

Call NNA and verify. I trust them over the dealer. Doesn't sound right.
Just got of the phone with Nissan Canada, and they have contacted the dealership directly and spoke to the sales manager to get to the bottom of this. So I feel a bit better that they are at least making an attempt to resolve this issue. Now I just hope that I dont have to wait any longer than originally planned.
Old 08-28-2002, 10:22 AM
wooglin

Keep us posted...hopefully it was just an 'idiot' dealer situation and there is nothing wrong with your order!
Old 08-28-2002, 12:31 PM
ballz

Originally posted by wooglin
Keep us posted...hopefully it was just an 'idiot' dealer situation and there is nothing wrong with your order!
So this is the deal now. Apparantly my car wasn't in production its actually in transit on its way here. BUT I DONT WANT IT!!!! So now what they are going to do is try to get someone else that pre-ordered to take my car, and I will take his spot in the pre-order. The thing with his is that it is not being built yet, so the dealer has the ability to change the model and options to match exactly what I had ordered. All in all I got shafted heavy by Nissan, and I will have to wait until Oct at the earliest to get my car.

All because some dumb *** read a AA as a NA or something like that....

Quick Reply: Nissan is building the wrong car for me