Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Silverstone 350Z Enthusiast available NOW in So Cal...

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2002, 09:39 AM
BullishZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silverstone 350Z Enthusiast available NOW in So Cal...

OMG I HATE LIFE for this... but just trying to be a nice guy and inform you all of this opportunity.

It's the same exact order as my pre-order, so why don't I just get it myself??? I WOULD, but my F*CKING car is going in the body shop tomorrow to get the repair done by that DRUNK DRIVER HOMO... DAMN!

Well, you can go get it. It's at MY DEALERSHIP, Douglas Nissan of Orange. 714-875-2803.

Silverstone with only the floormats and kickplates as options (to my knowledge). I'm going to go see it later today after work... but if you're interested and buy it, PLEASE let me sit in it at least for telling you.

BOOO HOOO!!!

Old 08-28-2002, 10:07 AM
SnoopyZ

BullishZ... what do you mean it is the exact same as your order? Are you trying to tell us that you aren't going to get the Z?
Old 08-28-2002, 10:21 AM
BullishZ

Oh, I'm getting a Z alright... but mine is for October delivery.

I mean to say that the car available NOW is the same car as in color, model package and options.
Old 08-28-2002, 10:23 AM
Kahanakyu

Default Re: Silverstone 350Z Enthusiast available NOW in So Cal...

Originally posted by BullishZ
OMG I HATE LIFE for this... but just trying to be a nice guy and inform you all of this opportunity.

It's the same exact order as my pre-order, so why don't I just get it myself??? I WOULD, but my F*CKING car is going in the body shop tomorrow to get the repair done by that DRUNK DRIVER HOMO... DAMN!

Well, you can go get it. It's at MY DEALERSHIP, Douglas Nissan of Orange. 714-875-2803.

Silverstone with only the floormats and kickplates as options (to my knowledge). I'm going to go see it later today after work... but if you're interested and buy it, PLEASE let me sit in it at least for telling you.

BOOO HOOO!!!

Come on now...why not get it? It's the eaxct same one as your pre-order? Why wait until your delivery date? I don't get it. Are they selling it for MSRP? If not then I understand your position.
Old 08-28-2002, 10:30 AM
BullishZ

Default Re: Re: Silverstone 350Z Enthusiast available NOW in So Cal...

Originally posted by Kahanakyu

Come on now...why not get it? It's the eaxct same one as your pre-order? Why wait until your delivery date? I don't get it. Are they selling it for MSRP? If not then I understand your position.
Like I said... and have said before in a previous thread, my current car was hit my a drunk driver and has some damage. It's estimated to around $2,000 total. I am going to trade in this car for the Z, and my car is going in the body shop tomorrow. I can't trade in a bashed up car, and I really prefer to trade in my car. I hate private party sells.
Old 08-28-2002, 10:38 AM
dikdietrick

No way are they selling it at MSRP from Douglas Nissan of Orange. They were already selling PRE-ORDERS at $2,000 over sticker. I should know, I initially pre-ordered from there in Feb 2002, but canceled a few days later when I found another dealer in SoCal that would PRE-ORDER at MSRP.
Old 08-28-2002, 10:40 AM
BullishZ

Well, maybe you didn't negotiate very well...

I got MSRP with $500 refundable deposit from Douglas Nissan.

However, I must admit that the person who called me about the car available now didn't seem like he wanted to sell at MSRP.
Old 08-28-2002, 10:46 AM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by dikdietrick
No way are they selling it at MSRP from Douglas Nissan of Orange. They were already selling PRE-ORDERS at $2,000 over sticker. I should know, I initially pre-ordered from there in Feb 2002, but canceled a few days later when I found another dealer in SoCal that would PRE-ORDER at MSRP.
Douglas Nissan 'saw the light' sometime in April. Prior to that, they were another gouging dealership. I tried them in Mid-March, and it was $1,900.00 over.

I drive by that dealership every day on my way home.

I don't stop there now, and I won't ever, even after I have my Z.
Old 08-28-2002, 10:47 AM
BullishZ

Originally posted by Scafremon

Douglas Nissan 'saw the light' sometime in April. Prior to that, they were another gouging dealership. I tried them in Mid-March, and it was $1,900.00 over.

I drive by that dealership every day on my way home.

I don't stop there now, and I won't ever, even after I have my Z.
Heh... Scaf my good friend...

I was waiting for your to reply on this thread!
Old 08-28-2002, 10:51 AM
billg

Default silverstone Z

I just called them and they want 2000 over MSRP. Forget it.
Old 08-28-2002, 11:06 AM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heh... Scaf my good friend...

I was waiting for your to reply on this thread!
LOL

One good thing I can say about Douglas Nissan, is that $2K over is better than the $10K over the crooks at Garden Grove Nissan want.
Old 08-28-2002, 11:43 AM
BullishZ

BTW Scaf, that pic is very sexy...

You look really good dressed up!

Also, I remember someone accidentally called you "Scarfman" before... That was hilarious!
Old 08-28-2002, 01:07 PM
BullishZ

Default Re: Went to check it out

Originally posted by kraZy
BullishZ, long time no talk. Thanks for the heads up on Douglas Nissan! I work in Orange, so I went to see the car. Finally got the chance to see what my Silverstone will look like. Great color, I couldn't be happier.

I met with Younis just so I could check out the car and try to convince him to allow a little test drive.

He tried to get me in the car right then and there... until I asked him to go grab the keys. He came back to say "Sorry, we just sold it." Fine by me, no worries. I didn't want an auto Enthusiast without NAV anyway. I'll gladly wait for my Performance.

The car was marked up $4,995. I think for people coming in with pre-orders elswhere they would "cut a deal" for only $2K over MSRP. Screw that! Oh those sneaky Nissan dealers. I still don't think they realize that all of us here know our Zs and this entire process inside and out...
At least you got to see it!!! I still haven't seen a 350Z up close and personal... just pictures on the internet.

I just called them, and they confirmed that it was sold. I didn't know it was AUTO with NAV!!! SCREW THAT! Well, it's not supposed to be delivered to the buyer until "later" so maybe I'll drive by there around 4pm and see if I can get a look at her...
Old 08-28-2002, 01:12 PM
tomb009

Default Sold for $5000 over

I just got off the phone with Douglas Nissan and they already sold the car for $5,000 over. Damn the law of supply and demand...
Old 08-28-2002, 01:16 PM
NissaNZ

BTW Scaf, that pic is very sexy...

You look really good dressed up!

Also, I remember someone accidentally called you "Scarfman" before... That was hilarious!
That's not scaf in scaf's avatar, it's a Nissan salesman or something I saw in a recent picture.
Old 08-28-2002, 01:41 PM
BullishZ

Originally posted by NissaNZ

That's not scaf in scaf's avatar, it's a Nissan salesman or something I saw in a recent picture.
Heh... Thanks for the heads up, but I already knew that!!!

The pic is of the salesman who shook hands on a "pretend" deal with Pointfivezero...

Remember, I am a my350z.com freak and one of the old timers... I read almost every thread!

(Yes I'm a loser and have tons of free time at work)
Old 08-28-2002, 07:16 PM
BullishZ

Originally posted by kraZy
BullishZ! This is your chance to not only check out the Z, but in the color you ordered?! Get off yo' *** and go take a look!
You'll be happy you did... thanks again for providing me with the info to check it out!
Krazy, upon your advice, I got off work early to go see the car...

VERY VERY NICE...

First time seeing the car, and I must admit I am very impressed. The 17inch wheels look more than decent... Although 18inchers would be awesome. The paint was very nice as well.... lots of sparkling specks of metallic stuff.

Now I can't wait until OCTOBER... SHIET!
Old 08-28-2002, 09:31 PM
ZZtopp

I stopped by the Douglas Nissan dealership in Las Vegas today. I saw that they had three silver Z's in stock, and although my pre-order is due soon (from another out-of-state dealer), I wanted to check out the cars in person.

They had one that was "available" now for $10,000 over sticker, and they actually sold it while I was there for $8000 over, to an old couple who seemed pretty clueless (the car was an automatic). I asked them why they paid so much, and the husband responded, almost proudly, "That's what you've gotta pay if you wan't one." The wife looked at him admiringly, as if her husband had just scammed a great deal for them. I didn't have the heart to tell them I paid MSRP. Of course, they have their car a few weeks earlier than me. Yeah....that's worth $8000.

Just to see what he'd say, I asked the sales manager what it would cost if I wanted one in maybe six or eight months. He replied, "$10,000 over. The whole first year production is sold out, and they're only building 12,000 cars. It'll be years before you can get one at MSRP." Now I know most salesman are pretty damn stupid, but either this guy gets the prize for being Nissan's most uninformed sales manager of the month, or he's as slimey as they come. I did hear him tell someone else who was looking at the Z's that next year Nissan was raising the price of the 2004 by $10,000, and that the base price of $27,000 was an introductory deal for the first year only.

These are the most repelling bunch of sales geeks I've ever seen in my life. This was the first time I was ever in one of Douglas' dealerships, and it will be my last.

Quick Reply: Silverstone 350Z Enthusiast available NOW in So Cal...