2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Z Resurrection - Book Review

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2003, 02:13 PM
2Fishy4U

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Z Resurrection - Book Review

NISSAN 350Z - BEHIND THE RESUURRECTION OF A LEGEND:

This is one of two books about the development of the 350Z and I read most of it last night. The book, written by John Lamm, who has written for Road and Track for the past twenty-seven years is great so I thought I would past along a few highlights.

After the death of the 300ZX, many of the Datsun (Nissan) designers and engineers continued to work on their own time on the development of a new Z. Nissan was sliding toward bankruptcy and had become a very boring company, noted for only sedans which couldn't compete with Honda and Toyota. Mr Lamm describes the death of the Z as literally tearing the heart out of the company. Anyway, the devlopment of a new Z involved a lot of time and effort by folks on their own time until a new President and CEO took over when Renault purchased the company.

Despite the financial problems work on a new Z continued, and performance standards and cost figures were put in place. The major performance figure was 0-60 MPH in less then 6 seconds; the major cost figure was a car priced at less then $30,000 that could compete with many of the higher priced cars. The latter did involve trade-offs, some relating to the antenna and interior design. The key being the trade-offs were made for performance.

The devlopment of this car truly energized the company and for those of you that invest I hope you all own Nissan stock.

I won't elaborate because the book is so much more enjoyable then this brief summary.

Bottom line is I highly recomment the book, love my Z and would appreciate feedback from anyone else that has read the book.

Old 10-05-2003, 04:18 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Do a search, I review that book about a week ago, check it out....
Old 10-06-2003, 10:26 AM
zul8ter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too own that book and it is awsome. if i could i would just leave it in my passenger seat so when people ride in my car they could learn about its wonderful history. but then it would end up getting dirty and it would move around and annoy me so nevermind. but it was a good idea. i took the paper cover off. i like the silver hard back.

later,
kevin