Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ZISME: My Z is lost in Nissan delivery system since 8/26. Dealer&Nissan are clueless

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2002, 07:51 PM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down ZISME: My Z is lost in Nissan delivery system since 8/26. Dealer&Nissan are clueless

ZISME,

My Z is scheduled to be delivered on 8/26 along with my dealer second 350Z shipment. On that day, my internet manager told me that the shipment left the Nissan distribution center and headed to his dealership. He told me it should be there any minute all afternoon . The whole shipment was MIA on 8/26. On 8/27, my dealer got the invoice from Nissan for my Z in the morning and again confirmed that my Z is arriving anytime that day. I checked nissandriven.com later yesterday (8/27), my VIN showed up on my dealer inventory. With information from Nissan website, I was totally convinced yesterday that my car was arriving any minute. By 8:30pm last night, half of my dealer second Z shipment (3) showed up, the other half, along with my Z were missing. Again, my dealer is clueless of whereabout of other 3 Zs, now in their inventory.

I called the dealer GM this morning, Steve David of Southpoint Nissan. He contacted Nissan and was assured that the rest of the shipment will be delivered today from Nissan Dallas distribution center (3 hours from Austin). I asked him if the truck left Dallas and where and how far the delivery truck was from his dealership. He didn't know. He contacted Nissan again, can't get any answer from Nissan all day. Today come and gone and half of my dealer Z shipment, along with my Z were missing in Nissan delivery system.

So far, both my Dealer GM and Nissan are clueless.

ZISME: Who can help? Is this the normal operating mode of Nissan delivery system?

Last edited by Touring6MT_Z; 08-28-2002 at 07:55 PM.
Old 08-28-2002, 08:05 PM
mike952

Relax, you are over exciting yourself. Have you ever had 2 packages from UPS (i.e. dell computer and dell monitor) not arrive at the same time? Well, you've got so much information I would almost guarantee you will get it in a matter of a day or two.
Old 08-28-2002, 08:14 PM
ToddLuc

Originally posted by mike952
Relax, you are over exciting yourself. Have you ever had 2 packages from UPS (i.e. dell computer and dell monitor) not arrive at the same time? Well, you've got so much information I would almost guarantee you will get it in a matter of a day or two.
I agree with mike952...

The Z has probably already been unloaded and the delivery guy is driving your Z the last few hundred miles. No worries!
Old 08-28-2002, 08:15 PM
ToddLuc

Originally posted by ToddLuc

I agree with mike952...

The Z has probably already been unloaded and the delivery guy is surely driving your Z the last few hundred miles to break it in. No worries!
Old 08-28-2002, 08:31 PM
articfury
Charter Member #55

Touring-

I am sorry to hear that you car isn't here yet. I will say that I have seen people post that there was a 2-3 day delay from the time the cars showed up in the inventory and the cars arrived at the dealership. I wouldn't be surprised if it shows up tomorrow. I can't imagine how anxious you are after the people telling you it will be here any minute now, for like 3 days. Hang in there....it will be here soooon.

I can't wait to see your car driving around town.

JD
Old 08-28-2002, 09:50 PM
infinite z

Dood! The same thing happened to my Z! The VIN showed up in my dealer's inventory here in Dallas on Monday nite. The dealer said it was a possible Tue delivery, if not then, Wed morning for sure. Tuesday nite they didn't show up. So I figure they'd be here today. My dealer called and waited and called again all day to talk to someone at Nissan headquarters to track down the shipment. No one could tell him where it was. All that was confirmed is that it was put on a truck in Dallas Monday nite. Now no one can find it. Where did these trucks disappear to? I bet mine and yours are sitting on a railcar somewhere

Zisme, my dealer, courtesy nissan in Richardson, was expecting 4 Zs on the delivery truck Tuesday. How could 4 cars vanish? What could be the hold up? Thanks!

Last edited by infinite z; 08-28-2002 at 09:56 PM.
Old 08-29-2002, 06:05 AM
barnicleboy
Banned

Default Re: ZISME: My Z is lost in Nissan delivery system since 8/26. Dealer&Nissan are clueless

Its not your Z until youve paid for it, its Nissans at this point, do you really think they would just loose a couple of Z's?

Chill, it will be there.
Old 08-29-2002, 07:05 AM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Mike952/ToddLuc,

If I ship my package via FedEx or UPS, they gave me a tracking number and can tell me exactly where the package is and approximately what time of the day the package will arrive. Have you ever use their service.

Last week, I got my auto loan from PeopleFirst. It took them exactly 15 minutes, after I clicked the submit button, to call me back to inform me that "Your loan is approved, you will get the check by tommorrow morning. The check showed up via FedEx the next morning around 9:30am.

This is the type of business that are sucessful today.

Nissan shipped their $30,000+ product, and the shipment "lost at sea" for 3 days now. The cars are showed up in dealer inventory, but lost somewhere. No one at Nissan know where their stuff are. I viewed this as a serious business process flaw.

Dell is so successful today because they took the inventory out of their business process. Holding on inventory cost money.

atcga,

I just talked to Ion Thomas, Art Ponse's partner. He told me that Steve David, Dealer GM, is furious this morning that Nissan missed the shipment again yesterday, after he got the word personally from them that it will be there yesterday. Steve is on the phone with Nissan right now. I will keep you posted via this thread. I think your car is in the lost shipment.

PS, Art Ponse will be in late today, so don't call too early.
Old 08-29-2002, 07:06 AM
InternetABYSS

SAME DEAL HERE TOO

Except mine dont show on the nissandriven site.

They say that the Dallas distribution area is in Mesqute. which isnt far from me if you guys can gimme the address of that place I'll go and physically look to see if our cars are there.
Old 08-29-2002, 09:31 AM
infinite z

Jason go find our cars!

I called my dealer again today. Still no truck with Zs. He's called 5 different people at Nissan, and none of them can verify where the cars are. This is rediculous! They absolutely should know at all times exactly where there cars are. I'm so pissed I can hardly concentrate today. I know my dealer is doing everything they can, but why is Nissan having shipping problems!? Gah!
Old 08-29-2002, 11:20 AM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Thumbs down Nissan Dallas distribution center is clueless

Originally posted by atcga
Just talked with the dealer. They have NOT received an answer from Nissan yet regarding the cars. And they have no information to give. HERE WE SIT.
I just installed a trailer hitch and reserved a car hauler Tuesday. Supposed to be leaving in the morning. Now what??? It'll be a month before I can get back to Austin. This ain't looking good!!
atcga,

You and me got the same info. from South Point. It is interesting and frustrating to fine out that how Nissan Dallas distribution center is so out of control about their shipment. Look like Nissan revival plan haven't reach Dallas yet. Now I understand why Nissan almost went out of business until the Frence came to rescue.

If I were you, I'd put the travel plan to Austin on hold, until you get confirmation from South Point that your car is in their lot. It is OK for me to wait from work and home, but you don't want to wait from the hotel.
Old 08-29-2002, 11:20 AM
InternetABYSS

PM you car info to me...Im gonna go to the place Dipstick provided....If I see your car then ill take a pic...gime your last 4 digits of your VIN because that number is hanging on the windshield in big bold letters.

Dipstick told me there are tons of cars there so we will see if I get lucky finding any Zs.
Old 08-29-2002, 11:32 AM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Originally posted by InternetABYSS
PM you car info to me...Im gonna go to the place Dipstick provided....If I see your car then ill take a pic...gime your last 4 digits of your VIN because that number is hanging on the windshield in big bold letters.

Dipstick told me there are tons of cars there so we will see if I get lucky finding any Zs.
Abyss,

I just PM'ed you with my VIN#. Thanks.
Old 08-29-2002, 12:18 PM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Abyss/atcga,

Just got a call from my dealer, Southpoint. The truck just pulled in with 3 Z's. Mine is one of them. The dealer will get my car ready for pick up by 6:00pm.

atcga,

Call Southpoint to see if yours is one of them too. Hopefully, it is so you can resume your travel plan. Austin is a nice town, so you might want to include sightseeing in your travel plan.

Abyss,

No need to look for my VIN in Dallas.
Old 08-29-2002, 12:46 PM
articfury
Charter Member #55

CONGRATULATIONS TOURING!!!!!!!!

Don't forget your Z buddies when you come down from Cloud9.

Man, I can't wait to see a Z driving around town. I just wish it was mine. I wanted to be first WAAAH lol, jp

atcga-

I hope your's is there too. Enjoy all that our fine city has to offer. Have a safe trip!

JD

Quick Reply: ZISME: My Z is lost in Nissan delivery system since 8/26. Dealer&Nissan are clueless