Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

First dead 350Z? or 7 of them at once?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 08:55 PM
BILZ Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me go on record to our faithful member who lost his/her car, "My Condolences". Hopefully one of your fellow Z friends here can lend some moral supprot. You have my deepest regrets. If you're anywhere near the Cleveland area, email me and dinner is on me.
Old 08-30-2002, 03:11 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Same here man. I feel your pain. If your in western PA, drop in for dinner and a free test drive in my Z (if I ever get it).
Old 08-30-2002, 06:29 AM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

InternetAbyss, you are a true gentleman for apologize on the remark you made..Thanks.

As for the Z car, I heard that there are still some Z out there that the pre-orders backed out. Maybe Nissan can arrange something so it can be relocate to where the damage Z's are going.
Old 08-31-2002, 08:31 PM
m477

Originally posted by IronCityBeer
That makes me feel REAL good now.
Um, dude....

You STOLE my avatar.

I mean not just copied, but just saved the exact same file and used it for your own avatar.

No offense, but that is seriously NOT cool. Please get your own avatar.

Thanks.
Old 08-31-2002, 09:45 PM
roberto350z

dude..I CANT believe he took the avatar. Sorry m477 but that is some seriosly twisted ****. Like Single White Female!
Old 09-01-2002, 12:05 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Someone posted (I think it was at zcar) that this story (about the wrecked Z's) was false and that it was "confirmed by Nissan" to be false. Anyone else see this? Any comments?
Old 09-01-2002, 12:54 PM
mbeguy

No Z's were lost in any carrier accident. Confirmed from within Nissan. Not even sure why someone would make up a story like that.

MBEGuy
Old 09-01-2002, 03:24 PM
roberto350z

well, just to be the devils advocate...it is apparent (through the story) that the process is very slow. It isnt hard to imagine that the insurance company doesnt know who to call or hasnt even tried to yet. Baven says the cars can be there for months without moving. If he is an insurance guy, then what he says is true would have to be true, NO?

Lets not forget the possibility of a "cover up" also. Maybe Nissan doesnt want people to know, OR maybe the insurance industry is gonna pocket the Z's. We know that someone claims that his car was lost in the accident, maybe he can clear it up.
Old 09-01-2002, 04:17 PM
mbeguy

Originally posted by rpgonzalez
well, just to be the devils advocate...it is apparent (through the story) that the process is very slow. It isnt hard to imagine that the insurance company doesnt know who to call or hasnt even tried to yet. Baven says the cars can be there for months without moving. If he is an insurance guy, then what he says is true would have to be true, NO?

Lets not forget the possibility of a "cover up" also. Maybe Nissan doesnt want people to know, OR maybe the insurance industry is gonna pocket the Z's. We know that someone claims that his car was lost in the accident, maybe he can clear it up.
Fair enough....if there is someone out there whose dealer told them that their Z was lost in an accident..PM me with the VIN, order #, and/or dealer and I will check on Tuesday.

Until then, lets not have any rumors...Nissan is getting our Z's to us...and this is from a guy that still doesn't have his.

And again....from within Nissan, this did not happen.

Later,
MBEGuy
Old 09-01-2002, 04:57 PM
baven

Hey folks,

Not sure who you spoke to frankly, and even if they would know. The only folks who were made aware were the auto groups which the cars where enroute to, the people who were planning to purchase them, and the insurance carriers involved (thats me!).

I don't know if Nissan America would have anything to do with it really since it has little to do with them and once the cars are in transit the transit company is responsible for them, not the dealers, and not Nissan. It is the dealers who are just responsible for meeting their end of their preorder contract.

As for a coverup, I doubt it... well I have never seen one. Just something that Nissan of America wasnt made aware of since they have no involvement and insurance companies are not allowed to inform people whom are not directly involved.
Old 09-01-2002, 05:20 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Baven, you certainly sound sincere and I think I would have to believe you but you have to understand how many kids (and some adults) come on these boards just to make stuff up and get people all fired up.

I guess if you did make it up, you wouldn't be here posting any more.

One question though. Why, in the subject of your thread, did you at first say 7 Z's were involved and now you have said only 2 (possibly 3)?
Old 09-01-2002, 06:02 PM
baven

Because the first dispatch I had from the insurance company to go and see the scene and the damages had a shipping manifest which. The manifest had 7 Z's on it and I assumed all of them were involved but as it turned out that manifest was a regional dispatch and was sent via 3 different trucks.

Three were on the truck I was dealing with along with a Maxima.
Old 09-01-2002, 06:05 PM
mbeguy

Originally posted by baven
Hey folks,

Not sure who you spoke to frankly, and even if they would know. The only folks who were made aware were the auto groups which the cars where enroute to, the people who were planning to purchase them, and the insurance carriers involved (thats me!).

I don't know if Nissan America would have anything to do with it really since it has little to do with them and once the cars are in transit the transit company is responsible for them, not the dealers, and not Nissan. It is the dealers who are just responsible for meeting their end of their preorder contract.

As for a coverup, I doubt it... well I have never seen one. Just something that Nissan of America wasnt made aware of since they have no involvement and insurance companies are not allowed to inform people whom are not directly involved.
Sorry, I am getting tired of this but a few points first.
1. IF DAS (they handle the east coast) had a carrier wreck, they would know that day. DAS has not had a carrier wreck.
2. IF a car was destroyed, the dealer would be attempting to get a replacement asap from Nissan. And FYI there ARE already replacements for the most popular ordered packages/models already in the US. These were brought over with the actual orders, JUST in case, because Nissan was attempting to minimize risk. (These cars will be distributed to dealers if not needed)

So...either give me:
a wreck location and date - state and county.
a Dealership destintation
a Car VIN #
a Preorder #
or a break.

And btw, if you produce ANY of these things and your claims are true I will apologize.

Don't expect an apology,
MBEGuy
Old 09-01-2002, 06:37 PM
baven

Ok, so you want me to release information that will cost me my job? Get a grip. If it is such a big deal then I just wont try to post information on a wide range of things because of jackasses who think I have nothing better to do.

I dont know how Nissan handles it, but I would imagine the dealers would just help find the customers another car. However, I am not about to give you dealer names or vins because that means I am leaking confidential information.

Goddam, last time I try to give some folks headsup. Maybe next time I wont help the 2 dozen people who asked me to make sure it wasnt one of their cars.

Someone obviously needs to put a parental control on some computers if you think I am some teen pulling a prank.
Old 09-01-2002, 07:20 PM
mbeguy

Originally posted by baven
Ok, so you want me to release information that will cost me my job? Get a grip. If it is such a big deal then I just wont try to post information on a wide range of things because of jackasses who think I have nothing better to do.

I dont know how Nissan handles it, but I would imagine the dealers would just help find the customers another car. However, I am not about to give you dealer names or vins because that means I am leaking confidential information.

Goddam, last time I try to give some folks headsup. Maybe next time I wont help the 2 dozen people who asked me to make sure it wasnt one of their cars.

Someone obviously needs to put a parental control on some computers if you think I am some teen pulling a prank.
Tell you what...why don't you just give me your name and contact information at work and I will put you directly in touch with Nissan and we can see how they handle it. Should not be a problem talking to Nissan, should it?

And btw, don't insult the teens that use this board, I find them on the whole to be knowledgeable and polite.

MBEGuy
Old 09-01-2002, 07:49 PM
baven

I am not giving out my personal information. Some of the folks who inquired about their cars and the people involved spoke to me already. If the admins of the board want to, they could likely check the IP's of several of my daytime (working hours) posts and determine the company I work for.

BTW, you took the shot at me, all I did was try to help folks on this board as I do frequently with helping with questions ranging from insurance to the best knowledge I have with upcoming cars etc... I don't need to hear from idiots who need me to satisfy their curiosity at the expense of losing my job if I got caught.
Old 09-01-2002, 11:35 PM
MaxTR

Well well well. Wasn't there word that one of the totaled Z's was marked for a member of this board? Where is he? If this were true, it'd seemed to me that he would speak up and confirm the situation. Just a simple way to stop the nonsense. Oh well...
Old 09-01-2002, 11:54 PM
InternetABYSS

I believe you...there is no reason for u to do this as a prank...

But that goes to say we would love a pic asap......Also Baven can you PM the person on the forum who lost there car I would like to personally contact him...maybe I can help him.

I am a co-owner of this site meaning I have the same administrative abilities on this site as Jmaz the webmaster. I will not disclose any info by your request that is sent to me. If you need a non disclosure agreement with me I would be happy to sign one. So now you will have no risk to losing your job.

I also do know your IP you use here but I will not track you nor will any mod here. I would rather you talk directly to me. Phone or PM.

Thanks

Internetabyss
My350z.com
Old 09-02-2002, 12:23 AM
roberto350z

holy moly...this is crazy! MBE, take a pill. I dont like the argumentitive type. If Baven is a fake, well get to the bottom of this, but dont expect anyone to provide info that will cost a job or even get in trouble. BTW....where the hell is the guy whos car got wrecked? Ill give them 72 hours to speak up, or I dismiss this case as being unsolved

Quick Reply: First dead 350Z? or 7 of them at once?