Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

I hate winter. Got stuck in my own driveway.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 03:17 AM
SSZVirginia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 3-fifty-WeEe
derrr its not a winter car
Originally Posted by tylerxfire
and u r driving ur z in the winter...end of story
I drive my car year round. The z is manageable in a few inches of snow if you know how to drive....Parking my car for six months seems stupid to me. I suppose you never drive it to the beach either. Do you know how much airborne sand there is?
Old 01-15-2010, 04:43 AM
schy01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so i'm confused a simple yes or no answer will work. i have bridgestone potenza re960as pole position (all season tires) will they be fine cause i live in salt lake city, ut.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:24 AM
tylerxfire

Originally Posted by SSZVirginia
I drive my car year round. The z is manageable in a few inches of snow if you know how to drive....Parking my car for six months seems stupid to me. I suppose you never drive it to the beach either. Do you know how much airborne sand there is?

u live in virginia what the hell r u talking about...and as far as taking it off the road for 6 months whats the big deal..i def. dont mind it, i completely take the plates right off and insurance and all , i get time to work on it and do what i want to it in the garage and beat the hell out of a beater in the snow and not worry about it plus it keeps miles down considerably, i drive my car in the summer to drive it and have fun with it, tell me how much fun it would be to go drive around on shitty sandy, slushy roads and watch it rot my car away ...and obviously u have never been up here if u think there is airborne sand around the beach...lmfao, get a clue before u talk about things u dont know about...and so u know upstate ny is a hell of alot different than nyc
Old 01-15-2010, 07:27 AM
tylerxfire

if someone wants to drive there z in the winter all the power to them, not y i bought mine thats for sure, like i said before there is no reason it cant be done with good snow tires yeah but like i also said thats not the point...
Old 01-15-2010, 07:37 AM
deezz

Funny thing is I got somewhat stuck in the driveway a few days ago. Just a thin layer of ice, but it took me 20 min to get back in the garage.
Once the roads are clear, you can drive with summer tires. It's about being cautious and knowing how to control the throttle. Hell....you see plenty of front drivers and 4x4's in ditches. Learn how to drive in inclimate weather and you are good to go.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:52 AM
JET MECH

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i cant imagine what the engine bay and under carrige must look like after a couple of winters. the salt must corrode the aluminum chassis and engine parts terribly!! not my baby, it does not even get driven in the rain!!! not my DD so i can get away with it!!
Old 01-15-2010, 08:55 AM
SSZVirginia

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
u live in virginia what the hell r u talking about...and as far as taking it off the road for 6 months whats the big deal..i def. dont mind it, i completely take the plates right off and insurance and all , i get time to work on it and do what i want to it in the garage and beat the hell out of a beater in the snow and not worry about it plus it keeps miles down considerably, i drive my car in the summer to drive it and have fun with it, tell me how much fun it would be to go drive around on shitty sandy, slushy roads and watch it rot my car away ...and obviously u have never been up here if u think there is airborne sand around the beach...lmfao, get a clue before u talk about things u dont know about...and so u know upstate ny is a hell of alot different than nyc
STFU. Your reply makes no sense. I could care less what you do with your car. It’s just that...yours. I have lived in a lot of places so I know exactly what I am talking about. If you need me to explain sand and salt on the coast you are too ignorant to teach.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:00 AM
tylerxfire

STFU. Your reply makes no sense. I could care less what you do with your car. It’s just that...yours. I have lived in a lot of places so I know exactly what I am talking about. If you need me to explain sand and salt on the coast you are too ignorant to teach.
my reply makes no sense?...please do state where i make no sense..and since ur the wizard of wisdom please do tell me what u know..u absolutely dont know what u are talking about here so get real... on the coast??????? whats that supposed to mean? i live on the coast? exactly like i said get a clue if u wanna talk about somethin E-thug, ur ignorance is really showing and lack of knowledge on geography, id just give up..

Last edited by tylerxfire; 01-15-2010 at 09:03 AM.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:01 AM
tylerxfire

Originally Posted by JET MECH
i cant imagine what the engine bay and under carrige must look like after a couple of winters. the salt must corrode the aluminum chassis and engine parts terribly!! not my baby, it does not even get driven in the rain!!! not my DD so i can get away with it!!

exactly , moral to what im saying is yeah maybe the sun comes out and its a decent day but really not worth it in the long run, during the winter im snowboarding when its decent out so i could care less about driving my car for a few months

Last edited by tylerxfire; 01-15-2010 at 09:17 AM.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:22 AM
SSZVirginia

Tyler, you have intimidated me into silence big man....making a mental note not to argue with special needs kids....
Old 01-15-2010, 09:29 AM
tylerxfire

Tyler, you have intimidated me into silence big man....making a mental note not to argue with special needs kids....
lol, i have my helmet on
Old 01-15-2010, 10:06 AM
loudrims_inc

Old 01-15-2010, 10:15 AM
tylerxfire

Originally Posted by loudrims_inc

that was a good one the first 300 times it was posted..
Old 01-15-2010, 11:04 AM
Darkpath

Originally Posted by TreeFiddyZee
Gosh. I can even remember when EVERYBODY drove rear-wheel drive cars in the winter.
Snow tires+learning how to drive, try it.

Don't feel bad OP. I didn't have snow tires last year and I got stuck IN my driveway for 4 days.
Thank you & +1 Bump... This is really all that ever need be said on the topic..
Old 01-15-2010, 12:13 PM
Fletch69z

That's why I bought a Jeep, . Z + Jeep equals perfect year round combo for IN.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:00 PM
JTZ0327

Definitely recommend Blizzaks for the Winter.......Night and Day......Could not even drive my Z through a couple of cm's of snow without having traction issues w/summer tires...w/my blizzaks I drove through ice and inch or 2 of snow with no problems.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:48 PM
Xx"Z"xX

i had a run in with snow before. was driving down the freeway after a couple of hours went by after it snowed i was driving to work and there was an accident in the median and a truck in front of me just started braking out of no where and i just barely tapped the brakes and stared swerving and lucky gained control of the car on the very inside lane next to the median. then while driving on base i hit a patch of black ice and just lost all control so i just prepared for the worst a held the clutch in and went off the road. lucky for me the car was not harmed due to the snow on the ground off the road; ironically