Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What 350Z stuff do you have and where do you keep it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2002, 08:56 PM
ethan84ae
Charter Member #35

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What 350Z stuff do you have and where do you keep it?

To keep myself entertained until delivery (and make the wait slightly more tolerable), I've started to collect 350Z stuff and litter my apartment and cubicle with it. I wouldn't be too surprised if many of you have done the same. <B>So, what stuff do you have, and where do you keep it?</B> here is my list:

Tamiya Model: took me a month to build, chrome silver on black, fully painted (including underside). Keep it on my dresser in my bedroom- last thing I see when I go to sleep, first thing I see when I wake up. Its in front of the mirror, so I can see multiple angles at the same time. I rotate it weekly, to get a different view! (sick, I know!)

350Z dealer poster: This is the ~5x2 ft one, its currently rolled up, but I'm going to frame it and hang it on the wall in my bedroom or living room (not sure yet, I'm moving to a new place in July)...

350Z color photo - 8.5x11inch, printed of one of those pics thats been floating around for a long time. Posted on my fridge in the kitchen. Also have a nice Altima advertisement there too...

350Z brochure: on my coffee table in the living room, next to the Automotive Encylopedia and Porsche history book.

350Z brochure (mint copy) and pretty much every major U.S. car mag that has mentioned the 350Z, as well as all my pre-order paperwork on my bookshelf in the livingroom.

350Z wallpaper for my computer in the livingroom (I photoshopped side view comparisons of silver & daytona blue)

Cover of the 350Z E-brochure: hanging in my cube at work.

350Z wallpaper for my computer at work: currently have an interior shot of the daytona blue car (so nice to finally see what the carbon cloth looks like- very nice!!!)

Picture of me sitting in the 350Z at the NY Autoshow- framed, on my desk, right next to my monitor! Also have a Z paperweight from when the 300zx was discontinued in 1996.

hmm...i'm sure i've got a few more things here & there....

Thinking about building a special display for my garage when the car arrives....!

defintely obsessed,

Ethan

Last edited by ethan84ae; 05-29-2002 at 09:55 PM.
Old 05-29-2002, 09:22 PM
knihc2008

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow i thought i was obsessed.
Old 05-29-2002, 09:54 PM
MaximumHP

I printed a poster a while back of the RHD Z with grass in the background. It's something like 18x22. For work I just hung it up like a poster with thumbtacks. At home I found a perfect brushed aluminum frame that totally compliments the Silver Z. Everyone who walks in the room wonders where the heck I got it from. My office at work and at home have various brochure type Z stuff scattered about. I love it when people see it a go woooh, what is that. At that point I am able to go into an annoyingly long dissertation on the new Z. My fascination with the new Z is certainly no secret around here.
Old 05-29-2002, 10:05 PM
2003z

Tamiya model, My interpretation on Lemans on top of my desk along side a 1/43 scale, but not the J-collection one. Every major magazine article and all info from dealer on the Z in the 2001 press kit binder, an extra 2001 press kit, 4 brochures, one in my flight kit at work (airline pilot) to show off to the captains! every picture on the web just about, on my hard drive
Old 05-29-2002, 10:15 PM
ethan84ae
Charter Member #35

Originally posted by 2003z
an extra 2001 press kit,

oh yeah, i forgot, i've got one of '01 press binders w/ the cd-rom too... also forgot to mention the Concept Z playing cards, a few albums of pictures from the NY AutoShow ('01 and '02), several generic letters from Nissan about the new Z...
Old 05-29-2002, 11:32 PM
Z CRAZY
Charter Member #67

Just got a 350Z hat with an embroidered 350Z on the front. Pretty cool, I went to my dealer and they had them. Got it for free!
Also have the 1/43 scale die-cast, 350Z playing cards, two brochures, magazines, etc. I'm sure there's more. Oh yeah, I asked for a 350Z t-shirt for father's day, hehe.
Old 05-29-2002, 11:46 PM
Jewelz350

I have most of my things in my cube at work. I have the Fairlady Z postcard, pictures for the Detroit Auto Show, brochure from the show, copy of my sales receipt and my confirmation all in plastic covers. I've got the Nissan invoice list. On top of my computer is the J Collection Z. The screen background is one of the new pics of course. I've got all the magzines with the Z in it. And the message displayed on my cell phone is CraZy girl.
Old 05-30-2002, 01:29 AM
TCL

I have a notebook with clear plastic pockets for each page that holds all correspondence I have received from Nissan regarding the car. Thus far it contains:

Oct 17th 2000 - Letter announcing decision to build the Z

Dec 28th 2000 - Letter announcing the concept car

Undated - Insert that came with playing cards

Jan 17th 2002 - Copy of a fax from Nissan regional office to my dealer confirming receipt of my pre-order on Jan 15th

Feb 18th 2002 - First confirmation

Undated - Second confirmation

Also have most every US magazine that featured an article on the car to date.
Old 05-30-2002, 01:32 AM
dvlad

sheeeesh....all i have is the confirmation and the pics Scafreman has taken.
Old 05-30-2002, 03:51 AM
Lee3Z

I have some pictures on my hard drive I enlarged, printed and framed for my house. Received T-shirts with picture of black 350Z on the back.
Old 05-30-2002, 04:03 AM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went Z crazy at work. I have 5 monitors on my desk, two dual and one separate. The duals have a landscape pic with the Z on one monitor and the rest of the landscape on the other. The separate has a collage. Next there is the 1/24 model on a shelf, my framed confirmation letters, framed R&T December 2001, framed Z poster free from MSN, and 10 brochures for visitors to browse and take (with my permission). Oh I forgot about the photo albums from Atlanta auto show.
Old 05-30-2002, 08:25 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, but does anyone have the "official" Nissan 350 Z miniature golf clubs at 1:24 scale that actually fit in the back of the Tamiya model? You out there Scaf???
Old 05-30-2002, 07:43 PM
perfectlyfrank
Charter Member #09

Here's my list:

Framed confirmation letter - home office
Two framed pics printed on hires color proofer - home office
Tamiya model (not a great job of putting together) - family room
Tomica die cast 1/58 scale - family room
Hot Wheels F.E. Nissan Z - home office
J Collection Z - family room
Z brochure - briefcase (to show everyone I come in conact with)
Z brochure - living room coffee table

Items I want:
playing cards
poster
Tamiya RC car
press kit
and of course the real thing ASAP!
Old 05-30-2002, 08:20 PM
TCL

Have any of you seen the Time and Newsweek magazine coverage of the January 2001 concept back then? You can tell that a car is important when it gets a large spread in multiple national news magazines. Those issues are keepers.
Old 05-30-2002, 09:53 PM
350ZMan

Talking

Thank God I'm not alone! Fifty-seven years old and I'm looking for "Z" stuff like an eight-year-old collecting bubblegum cards! To date I have:

350Z Dealer Brochure - even my dealer doesn't have any more of these left.

First Color Confirmation Notice - before I got rid of the splashguards.

Second Color Confirmation Notice - to acknowledge no splashguards.

Copy of Dealer Production Notice - 06/02 production and 08/02 delivery ... first one at my dealership !!!

Tamiya 1:24 Model - I bought it locally, and so what if it's not great ... I can still look at it every day !!!

Hot Wheels Nissan Z - found it at KMart last night on my way home from work ... "2002 First Editions 26 of 42" !

350Z Screensaver - home and office computers ... found a generic screensaver program and uploaded many of the web's 350Z photos.

Windows XP account photo - thanks to this website for the idea !

That's it for now ... gonna start bugging my dealer for the poster and the hat ... oh yeah, and for the 1:1 scale model !!!
Old 05-30-2002, 10:22 PM
ethan84ae
Charter Member #35

Originally posted by TCL
Have any of you seen the Time and Newsweek magazine coverage of the January 2001 concept back then? You can tell that a car is important when it gets a large spread in multiple national news magazines. Those issues are keepers.
I've got the Time article- my Mother saved it for me (she's a subscriber and she kicks ***).

Another item Mom saved for me - a print ad for the 350Z that came with her Maxima lease bill.

I'll have to post both up here when I get a chance...the Time article really talks about how significant the Z is for Nissan.

Ethan
Old 05-30-2002, 11:29 PM
perfectlyfrank
Charter Member #09

I have the April 2002 issue of Playboy with a 2 page spread on the Z (the first time I really did buy Playboy for the article) and the April 2002 issue of AMI Auto World Magazine with a decent article on the Z.

Does anyone know when the Motor Trend test is coming out? Is it the July issue that will be released next week or the August issue that will be out in July?
Old 05-30-2002, 11:56 PM
ethan84ae
Charter Member #35

Originally posted by perfectlyfrank
I have the April 2002 issue of Playboy with a 2 page spread on the Z (the first time I really did buy Playboy for the article) and the April 2002 issue of AMI Auto World Magazine with a decent article on the Z.

Does anyone know when the Motor Trend test is coming out? Is it the July issue that will be released next week or the August issue that will be out in July?

Check this thread for a copy of ZISME's statement about the so called press embargo- based on this post, I think we've got another month to wait.

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/485-when-will-we-get-specs-zisme-responds.html

Quick Reply: What 350Z stuff do you have and where do you keep it?