Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If I had to do it all over again

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2002, 09:50 AM
Bishop_Tx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If I had to do it all over again

Would you change anything? Color, model, options?

Car ordered: Track
Color: Chrome Silver
Options: All (BTW All w/o NAV is NOT all, all means all)
Extras: Touring leather, Touring Bose CD Changer+Spkrs, Z Car cover, Window tint

Knowing what I know now, what would I have selected different, if anything?

Car: Same
Color: Pikes Peak White
Options: Same
Extras: Same

I've seen most of the colors in person and here's what I think. I want to stress this is only an opinion and above all there are all 350Zs, which means they are great cars.

Pikes Peak White: #1 Looks way better than I imagined
Chrome Silver: #2 Awesome color, but seems too common
Lemans Sunset: #3 Most striking color, may get tired of it longterm
Super Black: #4 Sweet color, just too hard to keep, dings and dirt
Silverstone: #5 Looks like dark grey too much
Redline: #6 Red sports car are too cliche, but this one is nice
Daytona Blue: #7 looks flourescent, cheapest looking color to me
Brickyard: #8 it's the color Brittney Spears would pick, too feminine for me.

Chris
Austin, Tx
Old 09-03-2002, 10:04 AM
blueshift
Charter Member #83

Ordered:
Chrome Silver Touring
w/ Splash Guards, Kick Plates, Trunk Mat, Floor Mats, Side Airbags

If I had to do it all over again:
I'd get an Enthusiast and add Leather at the dealer.

But I'd keep everything else the same....maybe loose the splash guards...havn't seen them in person yet...so i really can't say.

-Andrew
Old 09-03-2002, 10:10 AM
jran76

I have:
Silverstone Enthusiast, 6sp, w/ mats and kickplates....

I would change:
Nothing, although the Track is nice, I KNOW I will put lots of mods on the Z, so it would be pointless....
Old 09-03-2002, 10:18 AM
twinzz

I wanted and would have ordered a Daytona Blue Enthusiast w/Frost Interior, kick plates, side airbags, and floor mats.

I ended up with a Brickyard Performance Charcoal Interior with floor mats. The $2000 upgrade from Enthusiast to Performance is worth it just for the VDC alone, but the 18's and the trip computer is niceeee. Couldn't be happier.

Funny how my top 2 color choices are your bottom 2, and for the same reasons. I almost bought a 330ci while waiting for my Z, but didn't because I thought white was a "girlie" color.
Old 09-03-2002, 10:21 AM
LA-Z

Chrome Silver Enthu, Six Speed.
Def. best bang for buck, color may be too common, but best looking, easiest to keep clean. I would change nothing.
Old 09-03-2002, 10:22 AM
BILZ Z

Would probably have gotten the 6 speed instead of listening to my wife. Black Touring, all options, No NAV.
Old 09-03-2002, 10:44 AM
wxtornado

Ordered 6MT Brickyard Touring / Charcoal Interior / Mats
No mudflaps, no nav, no kickplates, etc.

The ONLY thing I would change if I could do it again is I would consider the Frost interior more closely.
Old 09-03-2002, 11:04 AM
SnoopyZ

Ordered: Black Touring 6 Speed

If I had to do it over again: Black Performance
... cause the cloth seats are awesome and the Bose supposedly BLOWS... =( oh yea and I would also have like $3k more in my pocket!!!
Old 09-03-2002, 11:27 AM
Brad4rdHay

Id get a silverstone touring, w/ burnt orange interior, all options except aero and splash...oh, wait, thats what I got.
Old 09-03-2002, 11:35 AM
ndriver

Ordered : Silverstone, Perfomance

If I were to do it all over again, i'll change the dealer.
Old 09-03-2002, 11:55 AM
ncrecordkeeper

I probably would have gotten performance or maybe even track as opposed to touring. But I'm glad the coin toss landed on lemans sunset
Old 09-03-2002, 12:07 PM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

110% at peace with my choice. Performance package, Chrome Silver, mats & kick plates. My dealership kicks ***, too. About the only thing I WOULD change would be to figure out what Nissan's logic was in the production sequence and figure out how to get my car to the top of the heap, instead of at the bottom which is where I appear to have ended up! (Damn, and to think that I thought ordering in January would have some fringe benefits...)
Old 09-03-2002, 12:35 PM
mdouvris

Default spoiler kit

I thought is looked funny at first. Now I love it. I will add it later. That's the only thing
Old 09-03-2002, 01:42 PM
My_Tampa_Z

Cool

Hello Everyone. This is my first post. These groups should keep me from going crazy while waiting for my car.

Considering the fact I have only recently ordered my 350Z I will have to say no regrets...yet. I ordered all the options except for the Aero package. I spent a lot of time thinking of my choices. Here was my rational on what I ordered:

Color: I picked Super Black because I think it will look great with the Burnt Orange Interior and black looks great!

Touring: Had to have leather and all the gadgets.

Nav: Once again it's all about the gadgets for me. The cool factor helps. I had considered getting an aftermarket unit but after my research, I decided to get the one that was well integrated with the car. To be honest, a lot of why I ordered the NAV has to do with ego. I hope some of you can relate. I will get a lot of enjoyment showing it off to friends.

Mud guards: Saw it, liked it. Hey..it might even keep about 5 percent of the mud of the super black paint.

Side Airbags: I figured ...what's another 600 bucks. The car is small and I think having them may decrease my chance of serious injury somewhat. This is the item I had the most difficulty with. I forced myself to add them....no cool factor...Hope I never get to see how they work!

Mats(all): Cheap. I started getting them after my experience with after market ones. They rarely last as long as the ones from the manufacturer.

Aero: Didn't like the look. The car looks better without. If I change my mind, it will be easy and possibly cheaper to add it down the road.

Each time I have purchase a new vehicle, I always get what appeals to me...I may have to cough up extra $$$ each month bet I have never regreted getting them. I have never said, "boy, what a waste of money that sunroof, spoiler, and CD Changer was". I have said, "damn...I wish I had ordered that Sunroof!"

One other important factor I have found with factory installed equipment is that it is all covered under warrantee. I usually purchase an extended warranty through the the internet. I always get my money's worth. Anyone looking for a warranty, look for what is called an "exclusionary warranty". These types list what's not covered up front. Everything else is covered. These types of warranties do exist.

I had the opportunity to see Redline and the Chrome Silver. I ordered Super Black. IMHO: I never would have ordered the silver...too plain. I felt that way until I actually saw it. To me, it gives the illusion that the car is longer, sleeker, more like a Z car. It was beautiful! I saw the RED first and was somewhat disappointed. But that's me. I am still happy with Black. Sorry for the long post.
Old 09-03-2002, 01:43 PM
Zrated

Smile

Chrome Silver Track: Front and rear mats, Al. kick plates. I would stick to the same thing I ordered.
Old 09-03-2002, 02:08 PM
DaKine-Z-

I can tell you that I was having some major regrets ordering PPW when I saw some pictures on this forum, but after receiving my car yesterday and seeing it in person the color is so damn BEAUTIFUL. You just can't go wrong with the PPW/Frost interior combo and those 18" rims to top it off. I have been getting so many compliments on that color combination its unbelieveable! And the white was one of the colors least picked so that makes the car even more unique!! Wouldn't change a thing and glad that I stuck with my first choice.
Old 09-03-2002, 02:39 PM
Zmeflyby

if i had to do it all ova again...
i would prolly get white! instead of blk!
i didnt know white would look dat good in person~!
Old 09-03-2002, 02:48 PM
madmonkey

Love the fact that the Pikes Peak white is gettin some love finally. Just wish there some good pics of the pikes peak white available.