Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Warranty Information

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 05:20 AM
juscar8ts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warranty Information

Well unfortunately this will be my first and last post. Sad to say, I recently sold my my "Z".

But I felt it important to pass along some information I just recently learned when attempting to fix my Z.

I read a lot of threads on here about sticky clutches and possible solutions, etc. I also read that some dealers covered repairs, etc. Below is the recent sc**wing I experience with Nissan and their extended warranty.

I took the car to the dealer and based on information from this site, narrowed it down to the master clutch cylinder or slave cylinder. What I, and probably most of us have figured out, is both items are not covered under the "Pre-owned" warranty which some of us purchased.

However, at one time it was, in particluar when I purchased the warranty the master clutch cylinder was covered. I have the contract and the orginal list of items recieved when I purchased the warranty and the item is listed. In fact, if you go onto Nissan's Pre-owned warranty website right now, the list of items covered includes the master clutch cylinder (unless the finally updated it)!!

But apparently, the list of covered items was "REVISED"!!!! And this item is no longer covered and as such is noted in Nissan's Service information. This gives me the impression Nissan recognized this part was causing problems and didn't want to cover it anymore under the warranty.

I ended up forking out $90 for a diagnostic test (which didn't do jack!), $275 for a new slave cylinder (which didn't fix the problem) and then finally $350 for the master clutch cylinder (which seemed to work). I should have paid my $50 deductible and had the master done first.

Again, not that this info will help anyone else out there. But I felt it important to keep you guys informed.

Always loved my Z, left the family with a bad taste in my mouth.

I love the 370's though, so I may be back soon!

Drive safe!!