Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

I just screwed the pooch!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 11:02 AM
Jeff Holt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I just screwed the pooch!!

I am so sick right now it's not even funny. There was this little scratch on the side of my door, but the last part of it was deep. I grabbed some 1500 grit wet/dry sandpaper and wet sanded the area. All the light stuff came up with no problem. The last little bit was a different story. I worked ever so slowly to feather it down, and then in one fail swipe I'm looking at primer. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGG!!!!!! @#%%$@#(*$@#*(@#$(*@#$(*#$@(*#$@(&#$@*!!!!! I AM SO PISSED!!! The worst part is that I have no one to blame but myself. It's not a huge spot, maybe the size of an pencil eraser top. But I know it is there. Please excuse me while I Now I have to go try and talk this guy into touching up my door. He is the only one I trust. He does custom paint jobs on motorcycles. I hope it doesnt cost too much. Thanks for letting me vent. I think I need to barf again.....
Old 11-15-2003, 11:22 AM
orhanz33

you did what to the pooch?
Old 11-15-2003, 12:09 PM
zillinois

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks. I think the paint on our Z's is pretty thin.
Old 11-15-2003, 03:53 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Sometimes it pays to have a profesional do it for you. Besides, if they screw up, they have to fix it for free.
Old 11-15-2003, 04:41 PM
Jim Jones
Banned

Default It's Fragile

The day after I bought my Z I was removing those plastic stickers from the windows. I find that WD40 works well. I put a little on a paper towel and was wiping the outside of the drivers window. I guess I rubbed that shiny black plastic cover on the B-pillar by mistake. It got all scratched up. From a PAPER TOWEL. Yick.
Old 11-17-2003, 04:43 AM
Jeff Holt

Thin is not the word for it. If you think the nose and hood are bad, dont even think about the sides. The only remote comfort I have is that the chip was through the clearcoat to begin with and the door most likely would have needed redoing anyway. At least that is the lie I'm going with right now here in denial land. At any rate the place I am trying to use is not open on mondays so tomorrow I will see how bad it gets. We'll see.

Last edited by Jeff Holt; 11-17-2003 at 05:59 AM.
Old 11-17-2003, 05:24 AM
gooters

Score another one for Nissan's paint department >:-(
Old 11-17-2003, 01:54 PM
drdisco

Default Re: It's Fragile

Originally posted by Jim Jones
The day after I bought my Z I was removing those plastic stickers from the windows. I find that WD40 works well. I put a little on a paper towel and was wiping the outside of the drivers window. I guess I rubbed that shiny black plastic cover on the B-pillar by mistake. It got all scratched up. From a PAPER TOWEL. Yick.
Not to hi-jack the thread but I have heard that brasso will take the scratches out of plastic. I have used it on the plastic in front of my gauges on my t-bird and it worked great. Just use a soft terry cloth towel and buff lightly.
Old 11-17-2003, 02:31 PM
BRONXWARRIOR

toothpaste is also a good compound for minor scratches on glass
Old 11-17-2003, 02:32 PM
Glasgow Smile
dat title

Originally posted by BRONXWARRIOR
toothpaste is also a good compound for minor scratches on glass
Damn haven't seen you in a while.
Old 11-17-2003, 05:04 PM
TELCO119

Originally posted by durobred
you did what to the pooch?
Does anyone know where this expression comes from? I've used it many times myself, but there's probably a good story behind it.

Also....sorry to hear about the damage
Old 11-17-2003, 05:43 PM
reiver

I'm just having problems with chipping on the hood.... :-(
Old 11-18-2003, 06:25 AM
Jeff Holt

Default My inlaws live in Clemmons NC

For that matter, I got married there. Small world. Anyways, I only wish that nobody else could see mine. I'm catching all kinds of **** from people at work for this. They all say this is going to become my new beater car. I had a 2k1 maxima with all kinds of dumb things that happened like, Bike rack on roof with bike on it going through a mall parking lot with a low ceiling (car lost),
Then I drove through a crater that was innocently hidding under a puddle, it is amazing what a 1 foot deep hole can do to a car, DOT sent out a plug crew to fix it. Needless to say it was a little larger than a plug so they stuck a 55 gallon drum in it so people might go around it. Here is a small sample:

then some lady in a truck wanted to be in my lane more than I did and crumpled my front fender and destroyed my headlight. Did I mention the big peice of wood in the road that I ran over causing it kick up and cave in my driverside rockerpanel? Now maybe some of you will understand why I am sooo **** about this car. I'm scared of the past.

Originally posted by mc350z
same sort of thing happened to me

there was a little rough spot where the front bumper meets the headlamp on mine. no one could see it but me. but im compulsive and...well i sanded it.

well its smooth now but the thing is all the damn paint came off. but since its on the inside of the bumper no one will ever know but me

so im never going to mess with that agian if something happens im paying to have it done
Old 11-18-2003, 10:06 AM
GratefulZed

Tom Wolfe's "The Right Stuff." slang used by test pilots in the California desert as jet fighter aircraft were being developed and tested. The original expression was **** the dog and meant to waste time, to loaf on the job.

**** the dog dates appears in print for the first time in 1935, but in 1918 another euphemistic version, feeding the dog, appears. The original sense dates to 1918. Over the decades, the meaning shifted to the current sense and the screw the pooch wording took the place of the original phrasing.

Last edited by GratefulZed; 11-18-2003 at 10:25 AM.
Old 11-18-2003, 11:15 AM
Jeff Holt

Red face Oh wise and powerful GratefulZed

You are wise beyond your years. How old are you?

I was shocked that no one had anything to say about my pothole.
Old 11-18-2003, 12:18 PM
MonkeyBoy

I hope that pooch was bigger than a miniature pinchser, otherwise, you have issues my friend.
Old 11-18-2003, 01:21 PM
icepig

That "pothole" is larger than some of the manmade lakes in my city.

However, the still somewhat taboo subject of bestiality supercedes talk of road blemishes.
Old 11-18-2003, 01:29 PM
TELCO119

[QUOTE]Originally posted by GratefulZed
[B]Tom Wolfe's "The Right Stuff." ........................

Thank you, I am now enlightened
Old 11-19-2003, 04:52 AM
Jeff Holt

Talking Well, chalk one up for my dealership...

I called my salesman to ask him who they use for spot painting. After I explained everything to him he said "You dumba$$, bring that pig in and I'll take care of it for you." Dont get stressed out about the pig comment, because he calls every car a pig. More importantly they are fixing it FOC!! Free Of Charge!! My salesman was awsome before any of this took place, but now he is THE MAN!!

Get off the damn pooch thing already...Geesh, you people are twisted.

Quick Reply: I just screwed the pooch!!