Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 11:48 AM
MDHRZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 04-03-2010, 12:30 PM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CreepyCrawl
I'm 31 and my parents still help me build my cars. What am I supposed to do tell them I don't want the money. Still live at home while making 55k a year. That not as much as some here but when its all free and clear. I live pretty good and can do whatever I want with my money. If I want to spend it all on my car, then thats ok

Who wouldn't want my life?
You sound like one of my 30 year old cousin that still live at home. FTL!!
Old 04-03-2010, 01:08 PM
fowlman01

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JEKL
You know you must have a crappy life when even Richie doesn't want to be you.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:57 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm 31 and my parents still help me build my cars. What am I supposed to do tell them I don't want the money. Still live at home while making 55k a year. That not as much as some here but when its all free and clear. I live pretty good and can do whatever I want with my money. If I want to spend it all on my car, then thats ok

Who wouldn't want my life?
You must be really a creepy person to still be living off mom and dad....maybe why thats your screen name.Why dont you just crawl in a hole and die.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:48 PM
jasabeast

Originally Posted by FineWine
19 year olds don't really care where you take them home to.

They would also consider his a sweet life.

I'm starting to see a connection here.
When you graduated high school you moved out? right away?
Old 04-03-2010, 03:21 PM
FineWine

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jasabeast
Not right away. I moved out as soon as I got a new job with a salary, about 9 months after I graduated.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:30 PM
JEKL

Yup! College or military, but the expectation was you were to GTFO after high school.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:42 PM
CreepyCrawl
Banned

Why not take advantage of an oppurtunity to be able to pay cash for a house. I will be there in about a year or so. Believe it or not there are people out there who are content to be by themselves. Its not like I am in the same dwelling. It is a seperate apartment so when I want company that is not an issue. Lol at the responses. I have watched this thread for a while and knew I would get an extaordinary reaction. Thanks Guys
Old 04-03-2010, 03:49 PM
jasabeast

Originally Posted by JEKL
Yup! College or military, but the expectation was you were to GTFO after high school.
i understand.. im in college.. 31 is a little redic lol.. not my cup of tea.. but hey if he wants mom and dad to see his little pecker when he is with his boyfriend/girlfriend then thats his decision.. Question of the hour tho.. Do you atleast pay for you car and insurance lol haha or does mommy and daddy still cover you?

Last edited by jasabeast; 04-03-2010 at 03:52 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:53 PM
FineWine

Why not take advantage of an oppurtunity to be able to pay cash for a house. I will be there in about a year or so. Believe it or not there are people out there who are content to be by themselves. Its not like I am in the same dwelling. It is a seperate apartment so when I want company that is not an issue. Lol at the responses. I have watched this thread for a while and knew I would get an extaordinary reaction. Thanks Guys
You sound like my little (big) sister. She uses what I call "smart excuses" to justify staying on my parents insurance policy, transferring vehicles to their name to save registration fees, etc.

I will give you some credit though. If my parents owned a second home and told me I could live there for free as long as I could take care of it, I surely would. The mistake you made is where you came here acting like it's the good life and people should be jealous because you're not supporting your own life.

One day you'll have to jump out of the nest, and you'll be wishing you had those 10 years of flying lessons.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:54 PM
FineWine

i understand.. im in college.. 31 is a little redic lol.. not my cup of tea.. but hey if he wants mom and dad to see his little pecker when he is with his boyfriend/girlfriend then thats his decision.. Question of the hour tho.. Do you atleast pay for you car and insurance lol haha or does mommy and daddy still cover you?

You quoted me, but responded to his response. Was that question intented for me, or him?

please please say it was intened for me. please!
Old 04-03-2010, 04:05 PM
jasabeast

You quoted me, but responded to his response. Was that question intented for me, or him?

please please say it was intened for me. please!
the i understand part and 31 is redic was to you and the other chit was for him... im pretty sure you pay for your things yourself considering your giving him a hard time lol..
Old 04-03-2010, 04:09 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I will give you some credit though. If my parents owned a second home and told me I could live there for free as long as I could take care of it, I surely would. The mistake you made is where you came here acting like it's the good life and people should be jealous because you're not supporting your own life.

One day you'll have to jump out of the nest, and you'll be wishing you had those 10 years of flying lessons.
Big plus one.

I just hate being told to turn something down, be quiet, don't do this, that, etc.

If I'm watching Star Wars on max volume I don't want to be told to turn it off. Although the wife gets a free pass... sometimes.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:22 PM
CreepyCrawl
Banned

Yes, I pay my car insurance. Does your mommy and daddy pay for you tuition or any of your other expenses?

You sound like my little (big) sister. She uses what I call "smart excuses" to justify staying on my parents insurance policy, transferring vehicles to their name to save registration fees, etc.

Agreed on the flying lessons

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
Big plus one.

I just hate being told to turn something down, be quiet, don't do this, that, etc.

If I'm watching Star Wars on max volume I don't want to be told to turn it off. Although the wife gets a free pass... sometimes.
+1 on watching Star Wars on max volume
Old 04-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Yes, I pay my car insurance. Does your mommy and daddy pay for you tuition or any of your other expenses?

Agreed on the flying lessons

+1 on watching Star Wars on max volume
The point at which I realized "I need to buy a house" was when Return of the Sith was released on DVD. I was watching it and the chick downstairs beat on the door and said to turn it down.

The next place I moved was the house I bought.

My parents paid for my undergrad degree and I lived with them during that time, so I can't rag on you too hard. But I paid for my grad school and have worked a full time job since the later 1990's.

(I'm also 31)
Old 04-03-2010, 04:39 PM
CreepyCrawl
Banned

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
The point at which I realized "I need to buy a house" was when Return of the Sith was released on DVD. I was watching it and the chick downstairs beat on the door and said to turn it down.

The next place I moved was the house I bought.

My parents paid for my undergrad degree and I lived with them during that time, so I can't rag on you too hard. But I paid for my grad school and have worked a full time job since the later 1990's.

(I'm also 31)
Not to be a smart a$$ but it was Revenge of the Sith. It was going to be called Return of the Sith but was changed at the last minute. I was in rehab when it came out and jumped the fence and walked 3 miles to go see it.LOL

I wish I had made the decisions when I was younger that you did and had that impressive degree. Yes, I read some of your post.

I should not have been so cocky but this thread is very entertaining and I figured my story would really make things interesting
Old 04-03-2010, 04:48 PM
FineWine

CreepyCrawly,

You have disappointed us. You were supposed to turn into a whiney kid trying to set us straight on all of our responses, and continue to brag about how awesome your life is. Isntead you remain calm and full of class.

I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU FOLLOWED THIS THREAD?!

Old 04-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Not to be a smart a$$ but it was Revenge of the Sith. It was going to be called Return of the Sith but was changed at the last minute. I was in rehab when it came out and jumped the fence and walked 3 miles to go see it.LOL

I wish I had made the decisions when I was younger that you did and had that impressive degree. Yes, I read some of your post.

I should not have been so cocky but this thread is very entertaining and I figured my story would really make things interesting
I was thinking Return of the Jedi and got it mixed up. Too much beer tonight.

I took my time doing it. I wish I had gotten done sooner instead of taking every class known to man. Coulda, shoulda, woulda... Oh well, I'm here now.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:06 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

CreepyCrawly,

You have disappointed us. You were supposed to turn into a whiney kid trying to set us straight on all of our responses, and continue to brag about how awesome your life is. Isntead you remain calm and full of class.

I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU FOLLOWED THIS THREAD?!

True. The newb, CreepyCrawly, has made his first posts as a lamb in the Lion's Den, with sass I might add, and come out unscathed.

I proclaim CreepyCrawly full of win and shall hence forth be treated as such.

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...