Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Police officer KILLS a 350Z owner!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 10:41 AM
zlove

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So does this fall under "Any news is good news..." for the 350z?
Old 11-18-2003, 10:42 AM
Tweety-nator

Originally posted by Losing-Grip
and the cops wonder why they have earned such a bad rep.

this doesnt go to say that all cops are the same but that these inncodents are happening more and more frequently. i think officers should be taught how NOT to use the weapon and how to use their head. all i know is, if this were to happen to a close family member, i seriously doubt i would be able to keep my composure in that court room.

-j-
Incidents like this? Sure, there are cases of police brutality ... but this incident is certainly not one of them.

Officers are indeed taught to use the weapon only when necessary. When a person wants to hit/ram you with his car will you just let him kill you or possibly other innocent people in the way?
Old 11-18-2003, 10:47 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

Years ago cops in MA and RI chased a couple of kids who had been breaking into homes (during the daytime when noone was home). The driver tried to run down one of the cops. That was it, they fired on him and shot him dead.

Trying to run down a cop with a deadly weapon (car) is just cause.
Old 11-18-2003, 11:09 AM
Jennifer

Question

Losing grip-----

And how much composure would you have had in court if the guy instead had lived and ran over one of your family members? Probably be mad at the police then for not taking actions to stop this man earlier.

Last edited by Jennifer; 11-18-2003 at 11:21 AM.
Old 11-18-2003, 11:18 AM
FairladyZ

I dont know the whole case but from what I read I am glad they shot the crazy bastard. You try to kill cops, I believe the cops have every right to shoot if there life is on the line.
Old 11-18-2003, 12:14 PM
Dissolved

i hope he comes back as a ghost and goes after all you haters
Old 11-18-2003, 12:28 PM
Tweety-nator

Originally posted by Pure Tremble
i hope he comes back as a ghost and goes after all you haters
Actually I have no hate at all towards the guy. What I do hate however is the blame being put on the officers for risking their lives and doing their job.
Old 11-18-2003, 01:12 PM
gooters

Hmm...I do hate cops, but I think they were probably pretty well justified for putting that guy in the grave. Just hope he didnt totally ruin that Z?!
Old 11-18-2003, 01:39 PM
Donald0730

I'm sure everyone hates to pigs that sit on the side of the road to catch us speeders, but should we convey that hate to every cop in the world?

About that crazy Z driver, I don't think he deserved to die but I'm sure the cops warned him several times. The only thing I don't agree with is the amount of shots fired. Why shoot him more than once? I'm sure for a 59 year old man, 1 shot would be enough. But the driver was a lunatic. He put himself in that position, so there's nobody to blame but himself.

And also, if the chase was through 3 counties, I'm sure they had enough time to put down some spike strips. I didn't think out Zs were that fast.
Old 11-18-2003, 01:39 PM
TELCO119

These simple rules don't seem to matter anymore.

A) You don't run from a police officer
B) You don't point a weapon at a police officer (gun, knife OR CAR)

WTF?????Screw the crazy bastard. His family will probably sue for millions of dollars because "He wasn't a bad guy" or "He was under stress". BULL-F'N-SH*T!!!!!!!!!!!

A wise man once said "Kill them all....and let God sort 'em out"
Old 11-18-2003, 01:59 PM
Beamm

Originally posted by cluofi
why shoot at him after officers alread hit him causing him to crash into a building? When they fired the first shot i am sure they intended to stop the chase, but a shot gun blast into an unarmed mans car after the car had crashed is a murder attempt, not an arrest procedure.
See this thread as to why the officers shot:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ighlight=glock

or this...

or this....

or you get the idea....
Old 11-18-2003, 02:06 PM
nigevellie

eh, this thread's not even worth commenting about.
Old 11-18-2003, 02:44 PM
bobS

ok as far as shooting the vehicle multiple times...if a car is driving out of control and u shoot once and it doesn't stop...why wouldnt' u keep shooting until it did? Also how do they know they hit him....have u ever shot a gun? Its not as easy as u think...shotgun or handgun, if it were me i would have unloaded at least 3 shots at him to make sure i got him
Old 11-18-2003, 03:47 PM
Dissolved

Originally posted by Donald0730
I'm sure everyone hates to pigs that sit on the side of the road to catch us speeders, but should we convey that hate to every cop in the world?

About that crazy Z driver, I don't think he deserved to die but I'm sure the cops warned him several times. The only thing I don't agree with is the amount of shots fired. Why shoot him more than once? I'm sure for a 59 year old man, 1 shot would be enough. But the driver was a lunatic. He put himself in that position, so there's nobody to blame but himself.

And also, if the chase was through 3 counties, I'm sure they had enough time to put down some spike strips. I didn't think out Zs were that fast.
well said

What's funnier are these guys on here "but the police officers life was on the line." "cops put their life on the line for a small paycheck "boo hoo mommy police officer got hurt . give him bandaid?"

Please stop the $hit. No one is forcing these people to become police officers. They know damn well what the job entails, so the whole "life on the line" crap needs to stop. They need to feel like a hero or something ...thats why they become cops. Most cops i know were dorks in highschool
Old 11-18-2003, 05:44 PM
yooda

The guy was a nut job, the main cop was shooting in self defense. I don't think thats in doubt. The article stated that the fatal shots appeared to originate from the front. Plus Christmas actually hit the cop with his car.

The only thing that I have issue with is after the Z hit the Animal hospital. If you shoot a guy until he drives off the road and then punches a hole in the side of a building, you've accomplished your primary goal of disabling the vehicle. Heck at that point Christmas was probably already dead.

However, continued shooting at the car would be going beyond the line. If the suspect got out of the car with a weapon or did something else along those lines, then he should have been blasted.

What my gut tells me is that the main cop shot the Z because it was coming at him. The Z comes and hits him and then hits the Animal Hospital. Another cop, all pumped up after seeing his buddy get hit by the car, discharges his shotgun at the now disabled vehicle. So I think that last shotgun blast was probably over the line.

At anyrate it's all supposition until we see more evidence (like a sequence of events) which we will never see.

As for cops, they do a hell of a lot and don't get a helluva lot of credit. Here in LA, LAPD was the first militarized police force in the world. Everyone hates the cops until they need one, then they hate them for not getting there fast enough.

Some cops are relatively young and power trip. I think many become jaded from the daily **** they have to slough through. I doubt I'd be able to keep my faith in humanity if I had to live that life.

I think if the cops had closer relationship with their community, a lot of these issues would go away. But unfortunately the world isn't soft enough to allow that anymore...
Old 11-18-2003, 06:09 PM
Tweety-nator

well said

What's funnier are these guys on here "but the police officers life was on the line." "cops put their life on the line for a small paycheck "boo hoo mommy police officer got hurt . give him bandaid?"

Please stop the $hit. No one is forcing these people to become police officers. They know damn well what the job entails, so the whole "life on the line" crap needs to stop. They need to feel like a hero or something ...thats why they become cops. Most cops i know were dorks in highschool
Cops need to feel like a hero? Dorks in high-school? And who mentioned anything about a small paycheck? Man you are reading too much into these things.

Ofcourse cops know exactly what the jobs entails ... and I am glad they do it despite the risks. You obviously got some issues with cops in general.

I understand your reservations about the whole incident, and perhaps the death could have been avoided... perhaps. However I am not going to second guess that officer's decision to defend himself.

Last edited by Tweety-nator; 11-18-2003 at 06:17 PM.
Old 11-18-2003, 06:45 PM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And yet you remain a jackass well into adulthood.
Old 11-18-2003, 08:05 PM
iChiBahN
Banned

cluofi ur an idiot with no idea what the arrest cop precedure is, so dont' act like u know

and like everyone else said, what else r u suppose to do if a guy is drivin a car straight @ u after u asked him to stop...mmm
1. stand there and try yelling @ him and think he will stop
2. do nothin and get hit and prolly bleed to death
3. SHOOT AT THE GUY cuz HE WANTS TO KILL U

people wake up