Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to go with? Rims or full Audio system?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 07:12 PM
foshau23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zer0cool
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm what? brakes and tires went out of style lol.... with that many posts i wouldnt expect that from u lol...tires are one of the most important things on ur car. big brake kits might not be important but tire quality is key
Old 10-27-2010, 07:34 PM
marques1

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

u must be pretty new to the site anything david v post has some sort of sarcasm in it, lol.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:53 PM
gidiup

Originally Posted by Dr. Venture
DAMN! see them water holes in the beginning of your driveway? I'd say use the money and get yourself a good Paving of the driveway. 1st!

1. driveway
2. wheels
3. audio

Whatever you want.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:04 PM
1GR8350Z

Seriously, I would not want to drive nice wheel through that driveway. Go audio
Old 10-27-2010, 10:10 PM
The Chance

Rims, tires, and wheel locks. Audio is not as important since you already have the Bose system in your ride. It is all about performance and ride quality. Happy driving!
-Chance
Old 10-28-2010, 03:52 AM
bloodwings19

Audio is a waste of money.... how often do you drive?!?!?!? You can get the audio system stolen, wear and tear in the interior and importantly, damage to your ears. Speaking of wheels, I did wheels back in '05, it is one of my happiest purchase for my car. In your situation, I get wheels only if you can give proper care and if you are spending money on 18' aftermarket wheels, forget it, just keep it stock. If my car had your wheels and was an everyday car, I'd get spacers and call it a day.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:02 AM
trodis
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by zer0cool
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm what? brakes and tires went out of style lol.... with that many posts i wouldnt expect that from u lol...tires are one of the most important things on ur car. big brake kits might not be important but tire quality is key

Originally Posted by kacz07
You should buy some sarcasm.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:28 AM
Louisiana350z

get wheels and head unit, the rest of the system can wait
Old 10-28-2010, 08:59 AM
B18CTOVQ35

Heres what id do...I'd slam or lower the ride first and slap on some spacers on the stock wheels. then do a system. I have the prokit and its a night and day difference as far as looks go so you'll satisfy the need to make ur car look better with that just. then do your system. Once you run into more cash flow, then get rims.

my .02 cents.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:46 AM
joem1cha3l

what am i looking at for spacers on these stock wheels ya think guys? i dont know a whole lot about it so any feedback is appreciated!
Old 10-28-2010, 11:48 AM
raf84ny

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wheels !!!
Old 10-28-2010, 11:56 AM
black06z

1st: Wheels (forget the spacers)
2nd: Headunit
3rd: rest of the audio system later
Old 10-28-2010, 11:59 AM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

get wheels first. put up with the Bose for a little while longer.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:16 PM
JDMStanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 Enkei RPF1
Old 10-28-2010, 02:49 PM
SQBassHead

Originally Posted by Sarges24
since you already have the Bose upgrade I'd say go w/ wheels first. If it was stock crap like I originally had I'd say stereo first but since it's Bose you already have a pretty decent system that can hold you over for now. So my vote is wheels now, stereo later. to each his own but I think San Marino blue is too beautiful for bronze wheels.

dude the bose system SUCKS!!!

Originally Posted by SamSpicer
good luck on fitting a 13W7 in a Z... Personally i did audio first, now i enjoy just cruising around a lot more, also there really arn't any wheels that i like under $2K even used.
i guess i have alot of luck then..... ive got one in a custom COMP box ported it fit, and I LOVE IT

OP: its your car and your money bro.... so you need to figure it out for urself....everyone has there own goals and taste....

my advice is... dont cheap out..... whatever you decide to do.... DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!!!.... i personally learned the hard way... i cheaped out on wheels and bought axis pentas... i like them... dont get me wrong.... but now i want better wheels...lol...

Last edited by SQBassHead; 10-28-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:27 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 399 Likes on 227 Posts

i feel i should throw in my 2 cents... your tastes w the car will change over time.. but ill try to save you from doing what half of us have already done.... dabbled w low key mods, only to waste all the time and cash to just build up to what we really wanted in the first place...be honest w what youd do w the car if you could do ANYTHING, write it down, and save towards that.... i promise you it beats buying half *** wheels and a lip body kit etc, only to have to sell it all on craigslist in a year or two when youre truly bitten by the bug.. once you start... it wont stop until youre satisfied... might as well go all out, take your time, and buy quality at every step.

UNLESS.. you have restraint and are clear that you ONLY want simple mods period.... some ppl are like that. No sweat. I however cut my car up and went widebody.. haha.

Still, you can never go wrong going simple but staying quality. I would invest in your suspension first w stock wheels and tires.... then move up to exhaust and plenum spacers etc.. leave the stock air box. No point really. Then throw a nice 5 channel GOOD amp, jl etc.. and some good speakers .. i went for bostons.. go lightweight w your sub, theres no point doing what i did.. and regret... double 10w7s and its heavy as hell now.

Again, buy quality parts, pm site sponsor vendors for good deals.. if you cant afford thier prices.. tell them what youcan afford, youl get cut a deal more often then not.

There, my 2 cents.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:51 PM
SQBassHead

Originally Posted by bmccann101
i feel i should throw in my 2 cents... your tastes w the car will change over time.. but ill try to save you from doing what half of us have already done.... dabbled w low key mods, only to waste all the time and cash to just build up to what we really wanted in the first place...be honest w what youd do w the car if you could do ANYTHING, write it down, and save towards that.... i promise you it beats buying half *** wheels and a lip body kit etc, only to have to sell it all on craigslist in a year or two when youre truly bitten by the bug.. once you start... it wont stop until youre satisfied... might as well go all out, take your time, and buy quality at every step.

UNLESS.. you have restraint and are clear that you ONLY want simple mods period.... some ppl are like that. No sweat. I however cut my car up and went widebody.. haha.

Still, you can never go wrong going simple but staying quality. I would invest in your suspension first w stock wheels and tires.... then move up to exhaust and plenum spacers etc.. leave the stock air box. No point really. Then throw a nice 5 channel GOOD amp, jl etc.. and some good speakers .. i went for bostons.. go lightweight w your sub, theres no point doing what i did.. and regret... double 10w7s and its heavy as hell now.

Again, buy quality parts, pm site sponsor vendors for good deals.. if you cant afford thier prices.. tell them what youcan afford, youl get cut a deal more often then not.

There, my 2 cents.

your call now OP..... KNOW WHAT YOU WANT AND BE SURE OF IT

GL
Old 10-29-2010, 04:44 AM
Dr. Venture

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

To write all these big paragraphs is a waste. When all you have to say is one simple phrase.

"YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR"........................................................ ..........
Old 10-29-2010, 08:05 AM
fon-Z

Thumbs up

the Z dosnt look to bad in the stock wheels, the head unit could use some help. go with the audio system! double din touch screen like the
pioneer avh -p4200dvd. its an awsome machine u wont regret
Old 10-29-2010, 08:09 AM
fon-Z

Originally Posted by bloodwings19
Audio is a waste of money.... how often do you drive?!?!?!? You can get the audio system stolen, wear and tear in the interior and importantly, damage to your ears. Speaking of wheels, I did wheels back in '05, it is one of my happiest purchase for my car. In your situation, I get wheels only if you can give proper care and if you are spending money on 18' aftermarket wheels, forget it, just keep it stock. If my car had your wheels and was an everyday car, I'd get spacers and call it a day.
damage to ur ears?! what r u like in ur 80's?

Quick Reply: What to go with? Rims or full Audio system?