Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Some good/bad news for East Coasters from NNA...

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2002, 08:03 PM
FstQban

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some good/bad news for East Coasters from NNA...

After noticing a gold Nissan watch(15 yrs. of service watch) on my customers arm I mentioned my order on a 350Z. Later on in the conversation I managed to get a little info out of him. First off he is a high ranking member of the Somerset offices, so I will not mention his name. After learning my passion for cars, particularly for Nissans, he made a couple of calls for me. I recieved my delivery date earlier today from my dealer(fate anyone?! ), he called to confirm the date, and was able to do so. I also found out that my car was in transit from Japan as we speak. It is due to arrive at Port Newark on Sept. 11( ) and to be delivered on Sept. 27. Apparently Nissan has had delivery problems. This was not their fault however but is being remedied. Apparently the company Nissan hired to transport cars failed to meet their rewuirements for Z carrying, and was therefore fired as a carrier. This leaves one company doing all the transports for the entire Northeast region. Needless to say, they are slightly backed up. They did just hire a new company that will help to pick up the slack as well as offer Sat. deliveries to try and catch up. Nissan does fully expect all preorders to be delivered within the Aug.-Nov. timeframe. Though right now there might be slight delays in local deliveries even though the cars are here. Also Nismo parts should be available soon, well before the end of the year if progress continues at the current rate. We will have to wait and see on that one though. Hope this helps to answer some questions, and ease the pain of waiting for some of us east coasters. Also the car show on Sunday in New Jresey should have some goodies for those of you that are lucky enough to be able to go.
Old 09-05-2002, 08:28 PM
ethan84ae
Charter Member #35

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Some good/bad news for East Coasters from NNA...

Originally posted by FstQban
Also the car show on Sunday in New Jresey should have some goodies for those of you that are lucky enough to be able to go.
For more information on the 4th Annual New Jersey Z Car Club Car Show (of which I am an organizer), please see this thread:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....&threadid=2732

Geez- so now are us Jersey folks looking at late September..? Ugg.

Ethan