Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Good Race...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2002, 09:42 PM
blur2ed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Race...

Ok...so I, with my dinky little LS Integra pulled up behind this vette about an hour ago (12:45 EST) only to realize it wasnt a vette.
Too low...odd tails...maybe a ferrari...hmm....
I halled *** up next to it, to find it was an NSX...only to have him get from 80 to atleast 110 in about 5 seconds...i know cuz when i got up to 100, he was still sailing off.
When i caught up to him it was some 20 yr old asian kid who smiled, waved, and continued to toy with my emotions, in a friendly way...
which got me thinking....
I wonder how well a Z would stack up against some of the BIG boys...i should be getting mine pretty soon so....
for those of you who have broken it in,
Any good Race stories yet? wins or loses, we wanna know....
Old 09-06-2002, 10:25 PM
roberto350z

I dont have a problem with the racing as long as its in a location where you are the only person that can get hurt. im not an "import driver" whatever that is. I am also a very responsible driver who follows the speed limit 99% of the time. But if there is a stretch of highway, only dirt around and visibility for miles...then WTF do you care if I race an NSX?
Old 09-07-2002, 05:25 AM
blur2ed

me racing an NSX...haha. You dont seem to understand...me riding next to an NSX in flow with 1AM traffic, until he took off and called me his *****...
in any case, i guess this question is more so directed to people who do get the urge when that cobra pulls up next to you revving away...
at the same time any body do any track runs yet? are the figures correct around 14.0s?
keep updating
Old 09-07-2002, 06:56 AM
John

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Illegal street racing... ::thumsdown::

Kids like you that get us import drivers a bad rep. Save it for the track.
haha, you and I sound quite alike...
Old 09-07-2002, 07:46 AM
Zmeflyby

Default Re: Good Race...

Originally posted by blur2ed
Ok...so I, with my dinky little LS Integra pulled up behind this vette about an hour ago (12:45 EST) only to realize it wasnt a vette.
Too low...odd tails...maybe a ferrari...hmm....
I halled *** up next to it, to find it was an NSX...only to have him get from 80 to atleast 110 in about 5 seconds...i know cuz when i got up to 100, he was still sailing off.
When i caught up to him it was some 20 yr old asian kid who smiled, waved, and continued to toy with my emotions, in a friendly way...
which got me thinking....
I wonder how well a Z would stack up against some of the BIG boys...i should be getting mine pretty soon so....
for those of you who have broken it in,
Any good Race stories yet? wins or loses, we wanna know....
azn peepz..dey spend soo much on carz
oh wait..im azn too lolz! do u know what team he is on?
Old 09-07-2002, 08:00 AM
Goober
Charter Member #57

Illegal street racing... ::thumsdown::

Kids like you that get us import drivers a bad rep. Save it for the track.
Concur.

Last edited by Goober; 09-07-2002 at 08:33 AM.
Old 09-07-2002, 09:58 AM
TJZ

Default Re: Good Race...

I concur with the racing comments, but your post was even worse. You were both doing 100? It's a danger to just drive that fast even if you weren't racing. :thumbsdown:
Old 09-07-2002, 10:05 AM
LA-Z

Damn, ya'll sound like a bunch of old ladies. "You Were Both Doing 100 .

Come on guys. You are the same people who analyze the speed, 0-60 , extreme handling of the car, etc. Who needs a fast 0-60 time if you are never going to use it???I get that racing and exsessive speeding can be dangerous and a no no (unless you live in Europe, which if you drive slow it's prob worse. Have any of you been to Europe??? They speed limit is like 80 in most places.) The point I guess is on a deserted highway at 1AM going 100 is not that bad.
Old 09-07-2002, 10:07 AM
TJZ

Originally posted by LA-Z
Damn, ya'll sound like a bunch of old ladies. "You Were Both Doing 100 .

Come on guys. You are the same people who analyze the speed, 0-60 , extreme handling of the car, etc. Who needs a fast 0-60 time if you are never going to use it???I get that racing and exsessive speeding can be dangerous and a no no (unless you live in Europe, which if you drive slow it's prob worse. Have any of you been to Europe??? They speed limit is like 80 in most places.) The point I guess is on a deserted highway at 1AM going 100 is not that bad.
100mph is dangerous. If you you don't think so; you are foolish.
Old 09-07-2002, 10:10 AM
TJZ

Originally posted by PhoenixINX

When you total yours... I've have first dibs on your engine.
Step in line pal.
Old 09-07-2002, 10:35 AM
LA-Z

You know what, forget you ***** for even saying that. For real, that is some whack **** to say, and I HOPE that don't even GET a Z, cause I would never saying something as messed up as "When you total your car". Get a *******Minivan, thats what it sounds like you should be driving anyway. .

Last edited by RainmanZ; 09-07-2002 at 01:51 PM.
Old 09-07-2002, 10:47 AM
Da Gimp

I can see both sides of the argument here, when doing 100mph you obviously have less time to react to things that might force a crash, but if you are in a car that easily handles those speeds (Z), AND you are an experienced driver, AND there is not a lot of traffic, AND you are paying 100% attention to the road, 100mph is really not that big of a deal.

I bet there have been a lot more accidents where people are going 35 than ones where people are going 100+
(ahh I love statistics)

You can't automatically say "well if you were going 100 then you obviously are a menace to the road and will probably crash and die." It always depends on the driver.
Old 09-07-2002, 10:51 AM
LA-Z

I'm sure Tako never takes his 100K+++ exotics past the 60MPH speed limit! But then again you guys would never say something like when you wreck your Lambo anyway. In fact he did get in an accident with his Lambo and it was going 35+ and it wasn't his damn fault. Same with the first Z accident. Truth is drunk drivers and cluess people cause most of the accidents in this country, and temp. speed demons are so aware and concetrating on their driving that you are being much more careful. Anyway last post, I don't want to old man minivan crew ganing up on me cause I'm going 40 in a 35. OHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....slow down youngster! Your getting my depends in a bunch!!!
Old 09-07-2002, 11:02 AM
LA-Z

************ EDIT**********

I OWN A 350Z HOW ABOUT YOU???? Go f- yourself YOU were the own who suggested I WRECK MY CAR! Although its becoming quite clear now the judgemental ***** you are. Blah. Hypocrite. You ARE the worst kind. This coming from the same guy that has the riced out 350 as his Avatar. Get a real car dude.

Last edited by RainmanZ; 09-07-2002 at 01:53 PM.
Old 09-07-2002, 11:29 AM
Jill

La-Z and Phoenixinx-
Please stop the dead debate. It's completely off of the original topic now. If you want to continue arguing, use instant messenger. Please try to keep things civil here, and just remember, everyone has different opinions. Thanks guys. Check your PM's. If I see this thread dwindle any further, the thread will be closed.

-Jill

Quick Reply: Good Race...