Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

I think the bodyshop is trying to hose me!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2003, 07:54 AM
spazpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Twizt:

My suggestion would be have them try to fix it this second time. When you go to pick it up don't look at it and take it in to your local nissan dealership and trade it in for a new one. It's a big loss but from my experience with body shops I have yet to see one that is worth a (you know what). I had a similar problem with my old car, look great but it had a leak inside the car that could never be found. From that point on wreck = trade in. I am not trying to pic on any shop, its great that they are fixing their meessups, but it still won't be the same. Just my .02
Old 12-13-2003, 10:06 AM
willpower

Thats the kind of dumb a$$ advice you would expect from somebody that doesent know what the $#%^ they are talking about
Old 12-19-2003, 10:18 PM
Twizt

The bodyshop shortened their list of problems this week. The paint on the hood is still a mess. Orange peel is one problem, uneven paint is another.

They got most of the dirt specks out. The fender and the door look okay. The dirt is out of the hood paint, but the holes are still there where the dirt was.

The tape on the rocker panel was replaced, but it has lots of air bubbles under it.

The rocker panel is aligned now.

The overspray was mostly cleaned up with some lacquer thinner. The silver rubber is now kind of light gray.

The engine cover and the Nissan emblem were replaced.

The paint drip on the rocker panel seems harder to find.

The service department replaced the upholstery on the driver's seat, and scratched the fresh paint on the rocker panel. And the new upholstery has some pretty nasty wrinkles.

The passengers window stays up now once it gets to the top.

Noticed on my drive home that the new headlight does not have a high beam. My wife noticed that the lowbeams were not aligned. The drivers side (new light) is significantly brighter than the passengers side (old light).

The wreck got me a new left front tire, the TSB got me a new right front tire.

Are we having fun yet?
Old 12-20-2003, 05:09 AM
BFG10

Yikes, still sounds pretty bad. Are you going back for more torture?
Old 12-20-2003, 05:34 AM
Twizt

The one good thing I can say is that the manager has never disagreed with me. If I don't like it he asks me what he needs to do to fix it.

Yeah, it really chokes that they can't get it right, but at least they are shortening the list.

I'm planning on taking it to another shop and having them inspect the repair. I'm catching a lot but I'm worried that I might be seeing cosmetics. And missing some real issues!
Old 12-20-2003, 10:41 AM
Reese

How did you find this shop? Let me guess your friendly State Farm agent told you that you had to take it there....right. That is called steering and is illegal. By law you can take your car to any body shop you want and your insurance will have to pay for the repair. Here's the deal, the insurance company recommends one of their DRP(direct repair) shops at the same time mentioning that they will not guarantee the work anywhere else, in return the shop gives a discount to the insurance company for sending them customers. Its a bullsh** practice and is totally wrong. Next time you have a wreck and you know a shop that does great work in your area, tell your insurance co. that you wish to take it there and also that all parts be replaced with OEM parts....if not you will get some aftermarket parts that are probably rigged to fit. Most people don't realize they have this option. Just wanted to let everyone know their rights, there are some quality shops that do great work in everytown, unfortunately ins. co's prefer to go the other route cause its cheaper. Okay i am getting off my stump now.....*%$# a bunch of insurance companies!
Old 12-20-2003, 04:35 PM
Twizt

Nah, the only thing State Farm is guilty of is complete apathy. I picked this bodyshop out of a hat. None of my friends had ever had this much work done on their cars.

For some reason I thought a Nissan bodyshop would be the best choice. I suppose I should have read the fine print on the business card. "Ray Charles School of Painting."
Old 12-20-2003, 05:39 PM
willpower

Well If the manager askes YOU the coustomer what he needs to do to fix the problems your in trouble.......sounds like a mickey mouse setup to me......
I think your next step is to contact State farm ask to speek to the head honcho tell him/her your problem and that you have given the shop enough oppotunity to put your car right and that you have no more faith in them,and you want to take your Z to a reputable bodyshop of YOUR choice and that they should pick up the tab........If you dont get any satisfaction take it to there headoffice or even threaten them with the better bisuness bureau or maybe your local newspaper nobody wants bad publicity.

Hey best of luck.....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZyalater
Old 12-20-2003, 05:46 PM
Reese

For anyone that is thinking or needing repair work here is a few tips i gave someone else on this. https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?s=threadid=53859

hope someone finds it helpful

p.s. don't know if i linked it right